PDA

View Full Version : Do children have rights?

nicholascoppola
03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Do children have rights? Is it set in stone anywhere in our constitution or are we supposed to assume this. Because children definitely don't have a right to privacy from their parents. I'm not under 18 by the way, I'm just curious about this.

Mesogen
03-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Children have the same rights as animals.

(or anyone else)

Theocrat
03-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Children have the same rights as animals.

(or anyone else)

I thought children were evolved animals, according to your religion.

Bman
03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I thought children were evolved animals, according to your religion.

Evolved does not equal no longer being part of the animal kindom. We just happen to be real high up on the list.

elahewu
03-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Everyone has rights. They are not granted by the Constitution but are natural laws. The Constitution is supposed to prevent the government from violating them. The Constitution doesn't cover parents or private entities. So kids have no right to privacy from their parents, but are supposed to be protected from government violations.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-09-2009, 05:25 PM
The right to go to school, not be beaten excessively and.....

ryanduff
03-09-2009, 06:21 PM
They have the same rights as you and I. They just require "guidance" from their parents until 18. Then their rights become responsibility.

InterestedParticipant
03-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Do children have rights? Is it set in stone anywhere in our constitution or are we supposed to assume this. Because children definitely don't have a right to privacy from their parents. I'm not under 18 by the way, I'm just curious about this.
OMG, how old are you?

TastyWheat
03-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Privacy violations by the parents aren't really some kind of exception to rights that adults have. If a landlord wants his tenants under constant surveillance he/she has that right. Nobody has to rent his property or agree to be watched against their will. It's the parents' property so it's their rules. Things like child labor laws keep children under their parents' thumb until they reach adulthood. Given a 4-year-old couldn't support his/herself, but a 14-year-old probably could.

SweetMona
03-09-2009, 07:20 PM
This is a good question. Yes they do have the same constitutional rights.

I read somewhere that there are more and more grown adults with Cochlear Implants, filing for a lawsuit against their parents and doctors. Malpractices attorneys love that.

They were too young to understand the full medical informed consent and wish parents waited until they were mature enough using self-autonomy. We have to stop the infested growing numbers of Alexander Graham Bell Association chapters (known as Eugenist of Deaf population), preaching all over doctor offices/hospitals and to obtain parents' signed consent for CI after they give a birth to Deaf infant.

Federal Government has been funding AGB millions of dollars!

Violation of US Constitution, 4th and 10th amendment (right to privacy) (federal funding authority)

ItsTime
03-09-2009, 09:09 PM
I the public schools they do not. that has been up held by the SC