PDA

View Full Version : GOP: i confronted Zack Wamp for his bailout vote at a blogger Q and A

BarryDonegan
03-09-2009, 12:44 PM
http://barrydonegan.blogivists.com/

http://digg.com/politics/Congressman_Zack_Wamp_Apologizes_for_Bailout_Vote

read about it above.

i think you'll be very surprised with his response ;) and it was in front of the MEDIA.

Elwar
03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Good job.

I've always wanted to talk to a Congressman and tell them that they do not have permission to take my money, that by taking my money without my permission they are no better than a common thief.

Of course, the only Congressman I've ever spoken to was Ron Paul...all I told him was "thank you".

BarryDonegan
03-09-2009, 01:11 PM
i was very careful to ask the question in a way that seemed polite to the room, that was the key, because everyone there was pretty opposed to the bailout but they were pitching softballs, so i just prewarned him that it would be a tough question but that it would be good for everyone for this to be aired out, then i asked if he still stood by that vote and thought it was the right decision, and if his principles guided that decision.

i said it in such a way that all the other people involved came up after and where whispering thanks for having the courage to ask. if i had come in confrontationally rude, he probably could have called me a psycho or liberal or something and dismissed the whole thing.

AnonymousRPsupporter
03-09-2009, 01:54 PM
I still dont trust him. He broke the trust of the voters and clearly violated the Constitution.

Let me explain it this way.
And in no way am I comparing Wamp to a murderer, but many on death row make apologies for their crimes to the victim's families after the fact. The punishment still must be carried out even if the criminal is remorseful.

The translation is that he broke the law by voting for the bailout and he should not be voted back into office. How can the voters trust him if he already went against his oath in the past? Why should voters reward his actions by elevating him to the office of governor?

Stary Hickory
03-09-2009, 04:59 PM
I liked his response, it was honest. I think he is good guy to support. You simply want an infallible human being and if we were that insistent to have only those who match us exactly, we will never change anything.

His core values are correct, he went against them out of fear, and he admits it freely and apologizes. This is MUCH better than having someone make up excuses, thus making him untrustworthy.

Everyone here should remember the fear mongering that was going on for the bailouts....it was tremendous. A man who does not have a background in economics, can easily waver.

Dequeant
03-09-2009, 08:39 PM

SLSteven
03-09-2009, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't support anyone who voted for the bailouts. We don't have time to waste on politicians who are guided by trial and error.

Crowish
03-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I wonder what Corker would say to the same question.

BarryDonegan
03-11-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm gonna do the same thing for each governor candidate, confront them on some liberty issues and see what their response is, so we can fine tune our choices.

Matt Collins
03-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm gonna do the same thing for each governor candidate, confront them on some liberty issues and see what their response is, so we can fine tune our choices.Great idea. I've heard that Gibbons wants an income tax and that Mayor Bill Haslam is part of Bloomberg's anti-gun coalition; both are official candidates.

tpreitzel
03-11-2009, 04:48 PM
It's a good idea to clarify stances of candidates for office on issues BEFORE they're elected. Once in office, these officials can really do damage. I'm willing to give a candidate 3 attempts to screw up and even that leeway will cost us dearly. Three strikes and you're out...no more excuses as your actions speak louder than your words. People do make mistakes, but in positions of power those mistakes can be costly. Just like buyer beware, voter beware...

TN_VOL
03-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I will probably vote third party unless he is the only Republican candidate running on a no income tax platform. A state income tax would absolutely destroy this state. Oh and for what it is worth he lives right down the street from my uncle, on a golf course in Chattanooga, and I have saw hime outside doing yardwork before. I know it's not much but at least he's seems to act like a regular guy. At the very least he's not complaining about the Defense Department's Airline like our worthless Speaker of the House. I mean he is a member of Congress, we can't expect too much.

Matt Collins
10-21-2009, 01:45 PM
This is the same guy who supports unionization of fire, police, and EMTs nationwide.

See this:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=26232
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=26196

Kludge
10-21-2009, 01:55 PM
"This blog has been archived or suspended."

Edit: Oh, this thread is half a year old

Captain Bryan
10-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Error!

georgiaboy
10-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Bailouters will never get my vote. I'll vote third party or abstain. A line was crossed, and it can't be uncrossed. I only have to think of the burden my children and grandchildren received on that day and those that followed, and I see red all over again.

Apologies are nice, but actions have consequences that apologies can't mitigate.

The only possible exception would be if a bailouter co-sponsored legislation repealing the bailouts, forced the recipients to pay the money back, and allowed bankruptcies and fortunes to fall as they should've. I'm waiting.

orafi
10-21-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm gonna do the same thing for each governor candidate, confront them on some liberty issues and see what their response is, so we can fine tune our choices.

Do you think it would be a good idea to send gubernatorial candidates copies of End the Fed?

Matt Collins
10-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Bailouters will never get my vote.
See this:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=21733