PDA

View Full Version : SCARY Billboard

kathy88
03-09-2009, 05:21 AM
I was driving on Route 322 in PA Saturday and saw a billboard that said, "Is there enough flouride in your drinking water?" With a .gove email address for more information. It was very big brotheresque and completely gave me the willies.

steve005
03-21-2009, 06:49 PM
they've been running ads on tv here in cincinnati telling people they are acutally saving kids in africa by drinking tap water

LATruth
03-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Reputable researchers from such as Harvard and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and numerable other research investigators, have shown that fluoridation of drinking water can result in brain and other physiological damage producing such abnormalities as:

* Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
* Hyperactivity or passive malaise -- depending on whether exposure is pre- or postnatal
* Alzheimer's disease or senile dementia
* The death of brain cells directly involved in the decision making processes
* Cracked, pitted and brittle teeth and bones not being considered as a potential leading cause of osteoporosis
* Higher hip fracture rates
* Reduction in intelligence and increased learning disability

tangent4ronpaul
03-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Reputable researchers from such as Harvard and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and numerable other research investigators, have shown that fluoridation of drinking water can result in brain and other physiological damage producing such abnormalities as:

* Hyperactivity or passive malaise -- depending on whether exposure is pre- or postnatal
* Cracked, pitted and brittle teeth and bones not being considered as a potential leading cause of osteoporosis

Citations are nice....

-t

tmosley
03-21-2009, 10:17 PM

It also causes cancer, AIDS, common colds, explosive anal discharge, spontaneous human combustion, spontaneous fish combustion, rickets, pickets, leaky spigots, and giant midgets.

M House
03-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Haha, giant midgets well that's a new one for me.

A. Havnes
03-22-2009, 01:41 PM
and giant midgets.

Dang, I gotta get me some of that.

But in all seriousness, I have no doubt that it causes behavior issues. We could solve a lot of it by avoiding the water, but people insist on moving to drugs.

Uriel999
03-22-2009, 01:44 PM
It also causes cancer, AIDS, common colds, explosive anal discharge, spontaneous human combustion, spontaneous fish combustion, rickets, pickets, leaky spigots, and giant midgets.

Uh oh...I am 5'11 does make me a giant midget?!

A. Havnes
03-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Uh oh...I am 5'11 does make me a giant midget?!

*Gasp!* The results are clear.

M House
03-22-2009, 01:58 PM
What's it supposed to do again bad get in your bloodstream or something? I was trying to understand the biology of the claims awhile back. It made alittle sense sorta but was still a wtf.

euphemia
they've been running ads on tv here in cincinnati telling people they are acutally saving kids in africa by drinking tap water

And what are the kids in africa drinking? Do they all have clean tap water to drink?

Sorry, this is a pet peeve for me. There are way too many do-gooders who want to dictate our way of life. If they want to do some good, take a little trip out to a remote village and help dig wells and install sanitations systems. People do die from lack of water, but it doesn't happen here.

And do you ever notice people are all over the bottled water thing, but they don't say a word about all the beer and soft drink containers that litter the landscape? Why are water bottles bad and beer bottles good?

M House
Really shitty water.