PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Martial Arts??? If you're not, you should be.

LandonCook
03-09-2009, 12:10 AM
How many people here who believe in liberty also know how to defend themselves from a physical attack?

I fight MMA in Harrison Arkansas, and study Karate Kempo, Shotokan, and Jiu-jitsu. Stay it tip top shape. Are there any more libertarians out there like me?

I'm currently training for some MMA matches with my best friend and sparing partner. We even set up a blog for it. http://mymmatraining.blogspot.com/

hillbilly123069
03-09-2009, 12:15 AM
It's not just the ability to defend that all need to know.Incapacitation is a key.

WarDog
03-09-2009, 05:33 AM
I to learned from three of my heroes Ed Parker & Kirk Cokely & Acea. Personally. But whats the best defense? Run cause you dont know what they know and what they might have. So if you have no choice then use that fear to your advantage.

Eric21ND
03-09-2009, 05:41 AM
BJJ & boxing for me.

This thread wouldn't be complete without an exciting video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlYD-j9GSvo

Austin
03-09-2009, 05:50 AM
I used to study the sweet science..

not so much anymore, which is something that needs to change.

Freedom 4 all
03-09-2009, 06:04 AM
I've studied BJJ for the last 2.5 years and got into MMA this summer. It's a great way to stay in shape and who knows it could be useful one of these days. If you are good at visualization, try picturing your opponent as a soldier trying to put you in a FEMA camp.

specsaregood
03-09-2009, 06:31 AM

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-09-2009, 06:49 AM
I have been studying Combat Hapkido for years so I am fairly confident that I could defend myself if need be. I am also a damn good shot so I have my family covered from a few different angles. Even my Wife is a deadly shot and when my kids are old enough I will have them out on the firing range learning as well :)

Original_Intent
03-09-2009, 06:57 AM

Same. My wife and I met in martial arts, I was in it for about 15 years, she was in it about 12. It was a small style created by an Army Ranger who had multiple black belts in differrent styles. It was called Kishindo and was a blend of Aikido and "Funakoshi style karate". Plus if they found a technique in any other style that was useful, they would incorporate it.

I liked it because it was not tournament style martial arts it was taking people out techniques but also with a heavy leaning towards the philosophical side of MA.

At one point, I could break 20 bricks in about 30 seconds. No I was never attacked by a brick, but it certainly was a good confidence builder. :D

Elwar
03-09-2009, 08:08 AM
I made it all the way to the end on Mike Tyson's Punchout...I should be fine.

pcosmar
03-09-2009, 08:31 AM
I learned some Tae Kwon Do in the Army, back in the 70s. I learned Hard style from an old Korean ROC, not the arena style that is taught most places today.
I learned a bit more "street fighting" in Gladiator school.

I hate violence, but am capable of more than I care to think about. I use it when necessary.

brandon
03-09-2009, 08:39 AM
I don't formally train in martial arts at the moment, though I have in the past.

Currently i do weight/strength training 3 times a week and wrestle with my friends on the weekends. It's definitely important to be able to defend against a physical attack.

brandon
03-09-2009, 08:42 AM

lol. You know that game isn't called Mike Tyson's Punchout anymore? Ever since he bit that dudes ear off they dropped the "Mike Tyson" from the name and it's just called "Punchout" now.

GBurr
03-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I studied Tang Soo Do for a long time. The problem with Martial arts is that most schools will only teach tournament style fighting. I'm currently trying to find schools that teach real defense.

LandonCook
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I love doing it so much that for the last 4 months i've been doing extensive research into that market and writing a business plan for a company that will teach Martial arts to the masses. There have been alot of people put up martial arts information, but all of it sucks. I'm hoping that we can create a quality product to change that. We are building a site that will not only sell White to black DVDs in many arts, but have something simiar to Meetup where you can find sparing partners online.

My graphic designer friend made this up for me. He is also a blackbelt in Kempo, as well as my sparing partner.
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/14/l_0ea7102e2a3445e99fcb617201e2883f.jpg

But right now since we are lacking capital, im just working on building a small blogging community on just MMA training itself. http://mymmatraining.blogspot.com/ However, blogging is not exactly my expertise. I don't know how to promote the damn thing... I guess I need to work on some content first. What do you think I should add?

Mitt Romneys sideburns
03-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I do a few pushups every now and then.

Uriel999
03-09-2009, 12:48 PM

Post of the day.

I wrestled for 4 or 5 years.

dannno
03-09-2009, 12:51 PM
lol. You know that game isn't called Mike Tyson's Punchout anymore? Ever since he bit that dudes ear off they dropped the "Mike Tyson" from the name and it's just called "Punchout" now.

Wow, you're about 10 years off (EDIT: 5 years actually).. they changed the name after the rape incident..

EDIT: Rape incident 1992, ear biting incident 1997

ladyjade3
03-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm taking bellydancing classes. Soon my hips will be lethal weapons.

In all seriousness, I would like to take me some Krav Maga classes. That stuff is intense.

brandon
03-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Wow, you're about 10 years off (EDIT: 5 years actually).. they changed the name after the rape incident..

EDIT: Rape incident 1992, ear biting incident 1997

Damn, all the way back in 1992? That's crazy. I actually have an NES cartridge for the original Mike Tyson's Punchout in my closet. I was 8 year old in 1992... I can't believe it was that long ago that I played that game.

pcosmar
03-09-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm taking bellydancing classes. Soon my hips will be lethal weapons.

In all seriousness, I would like to take me some Krav Maga classes. That stuff is intense.

:D
Nothing else. Just,
:D

ClayTrainor
03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't mind turning myself into a deadly weapon.... :cool:

Too lazy to get started though.

gabed99
03-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Blue belt in BJJ

Haven't done it in about two years though. :(

Semper Vigilans
03-09-2009, 02:30 PM
As stated last night in chat, I hold:

1st degree black in Judo
2nd degree blue in "Americanized" TaeKwonDo

I haven't been active in organized martial arts since I was about 19 though. I'm 26 now, but I still brush up on the 'ol skills with friends every now and again.

I'm currently looking for a BJJ class, but having no luck finding one locally.

I used to be very active in martial arts as a kid. I used to spar with friends who also took various disciplines of martial arts. It helped us all find our discipline's shortcomings. My fighting style is... interesting... to say the least.

I figure if they can get past the rifles and shotgun, then the .45, then the sharp, pointed objects, I might as well give them a good fight. :D

LandonCook
03-09-2009, 04:09 PM
As stated last night in chat, I hold:

1st degree black in Judo
2nd degree blue in "Americanized" TaeKwonDo

I haven't been active in organized martial arts since I was about 19 though. I'm 26 now, but I still brush up on the 'ol skills with friends every now and again.

I'm currently looking for a BJJ class, but having no luck finding one locally.

I used to be very active in martial arts as a kid. I used to spar with friends who also took various disciplines of martial arts. It helped us all find our discipline's shortcomings. My fighting style is... interesting... to say the least.

I figure if they can get past the rifles and shotgun, then the .45, then the sharp, pointed objects, I might as well give them a good fight. :D

Well, not only that... but it is also fun! However I think you will like BJJ better than the previous arts you were in. I did.

Semper Vigilans
03-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, not only that... but it is also fun! However I think you will like BJJ better than the previous arts you were in. I did.

I think so too, but I just can't find anyone in my po-dunk town that teaches it.

LandonCook
03-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I think so too, but I just can't find anyone in my po-dunk town that teaches it.

I find that in alot of places, hopefully me and my friend's business will be able to solve that problem for people in small towns. Im from one, I understand.

Bman
03-09-2009, 06:46 PM
How many people here who believe in liberty also know how to defend themselves from a physical attack?

I fight MMA in Harrison Arkansas, and study Karate Kempo, Shotokan, and Jiu-jitsu. Stay it tip top shape. Are there any more libertarians out there like me?

All I know is the Kimbo Slice would kick the living snot out of Fedor Emelianenko.

JoshLowry
03-09-2009, 07:07 PM
All I know is the Kimbo Slice would kick the living snot out of Fedor Emelianenko.

That's like saying John McCain is a peace loving candidate.

Eric21ND
03-09-2009, 07:50 PM
I've been a UFC fan since 1993

Bman
03-09-2009, 07:52 PM
That's like saying John McCain is a peace loving candidate.

Yeah it was a joke.

Eric21ND
03-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Kimbo got dropped by a guy who got cut from the UFC. Fedor would send Kimbo back to the boat yard.

Freedom 4 all
03-10-2009, 06:53 AM

LOL, not so much. Kimbo's a street thug, he's a very good street thug but he wouldn't last long against a real pro figher opponent. Fedor of all people would destroy him in seconds.

Freedom 4 all
03-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Yeah it was a joke.

Oh, that makes more sense then.

Truth Warrior
03-10-2009, 07:18 AM
http://www.krav-maga.com/ (http://www.krav-maga.com/)

ItsTime
03-10-2009, 09:13 AM
I was a brown belt before my mother got sick and my parents could not pay for me to go to lessons anymore.

Todd
03-10-2009, 09:20 AM

Same here.

I took some Okinawan Karate (Shorin Ryu) for a time. I was in great shape....but time is in short supply these days.

LiveFree79
03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
UFC is a joke! So is most MMA. BJJ is trendy and a lot of it is all hype or meant to be effective in a competition with rules and soft mats. Martial arts is an entirely different thing than self defense. I've trained in martial arts and I've since trained in self defense. I'd suggest everyone interested in self defense to look into www.veearnisjitsu.com and www.defenseinstitute.com Professor David James shit is real life saving "martial arts". It will teach you knife defense as well as gun defense. MMA doesn't even touch on weapons defense. Here's an example of Professor David Jame's concepts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e8xNmi77PM

krazy kaju
03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
People need to abandon the martial arts that do not spar and instead focus on the ones that do. Nothing will give you real life experience than actual fighting. That's why I propose that everyone either take judo, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, boxing, kickboxing (not cardio kickboxing), muay Thai, MMA, or some combination of these.

LiveFree79
03-10-2009, 10:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx8oxGrF2F4&feature=related

"stomp on his head!" LOL. That's self defense!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee8-t76unkE&feature=related
I've personally trained under this guy.......he's no joke!

LiveFree79
03-10-2009, 10:40 AM
People need to abandon the martial arts that do not spar and instead focus on the ones that do. Nothing will give you real life experience than actual fighting. That's why I propose that everyone either take judo, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, boxing, kickboxing (not cardio kickboxing), muay Thai, MMA, or some combination of these.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Real life fighting is not the same thing as self defense. Despite the hype and the popularity BJJ is very ineffective in a street self defense situation. Most BJJ ends up on the ground in some sort of grapple. If someone has a gun to your head or a knife to your throat the last thing you're going to do is try to put on a fancy lock. That's what BJJ teaches. That is not realistic at all when you are in a parking lot or a bar. If any of the arts you mentioned is worth anything in a "fight" it's probably boxing. Kickboxing is worthless. Most people are not skilled enough to be a good kickboxer. Plus one wrong kick and you're finished. Muay Thai isn't bad and is better than BJJ. But NONE of those arts deal with effective defense against edged weapons, guns, etc. Judo is a joke! No disrespect to anyone that trains in those arts but what works in a dojo does not work in the street.

LiveFree79
03-10-2009, 10:44 AM
You can spend hours and hours sparring in a BJJ dojo. You can spend hours and hours sparring in a tae kwon do dojo? So what? When was the last time two BJJ guys dressed up in redman suits and went after each other? Sparring doesn't mean anything. That's the entire problem with traditional martial arts. Most MMA is also geared towards rules and "cages" or controlled environments. Most MMA fights end up on the ground. There is no groin strikes, there is no eye gouging, there is no biting. If someone tries to get you in a leg lock trust me you bit a hunk of flesh out of his leg and he'll let go. Look at Holyfields reaction when Tyson bit his ear. Now multiply that by 100. You eye gouge someone who's got you on the ground they will let go. Same thing with groin strikes. Or fish hooking. Rip someone's ear off and they'll be in pain. Fish hook someone's nose and they'll be in pain! Most martial arts do not teach you "dirty" or "violence" tactics like that. Those type of tactics will save your life when someone wants to kill you.

specsaregood
03-10-2009, 10:44 AM

specsaregood
03-10-2009, 10:47 AM

LiveFree79
03-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I'd agree with that. At the American Kenpo school I took part in, we did 30 minute sparring sessions in our group classes. 5 minute "rounds" with no stopping, ie: we didn't count "points". People got paired up randomly so you fought people of all different sizes and ages.

With that said, one of things obvious from watching MMA is to not neglect the grappling. A lot of the martial arts are focused more on striking. I recognize this weakness in my own experience, I can strike well and if I can keep the fight on our feet, I can hold my own; but if i get into a streetfight with somebody with a lot of BJJ or wrestling experience, ie: somebody that wants to take the fight to the ground, I could be in for a world of hurt. Lucky for me, the few times I have needed my skills for defence it has been over and I was walking away; before I ended up on the ground.

Trust me if you're standing in a parking lot with concrete and gravel there IS NO BJJ guy that will try to take you to the ground. Ask yourself why BJJ is practiced on nice mats in a clean dojo. No glass, no gravel, no concrete, etc. BJJ can be effective but not the way it is taught in most mainstream schools in the US. You need to find a system that teaches real world self defense. I.e. incorporates many of the arts BUT also teaches you knife and gun defense.

LiveFree79
03-10-2009, 10:51 AM
It's funny should say that, the vast majority of "techniques" I learned were all about "street situations" and using dirty tricks and defending against weapons. Of course the downside to that stuff is that you can't really practice it against somebody. I mean, should I fishhook and eye gouge my sparring partner?

Here's the difference between probably what you've learned and a real street situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnhO8CtpWig&feature=related

specsaregood

LiveFree79
I've seen the way most martial arts teach students against knives and guns. It's not realistic and it's usually done at a distance.

specsaregood
03-10-2009, 10:54 AM

LiveFree79
03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Well all I know of BJJ is what I have seen in MMA. But wrestling I do have experience seeing in real life. I've seen friends with a lot wrestling experience get into fights, and they always take it to the ground and end it quickly.

Getting into a fight having someone wanting to kill you for your sneakers is two different things.

I had a blackbelt friend in martial arts answer my question to him what if someone pulls a knife on you? He said well in all honesty I'd run! That is the smartest most honest answer I've ever heard from a BJJ guy. Problem is sometimes you can't run. And trust me no wrestler is going to wrestle around on concrete with broken glass, gravel etc. It might happen in a college bar or gym class whatever. Why do you think wrestlers wrestle on nice padded mats? Cause that shit hurts otherwise.

LiveFree79
03-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Actually, that's pretty much the stuff I did learn. :)

But did you see the subtle differences he was talking about in the beginning? I seen how a lot of martial arts train knife defense from a distance or gun defense. They've got their arm out with the knife to your neck. People who are angry and in raged DO NOT attack like that. They grab you, shove you or pull you in close and stick that knife right into your throat. No BJJ guy is going to try to put a lock on some guy who's got you up against a wall with a knife to your throat. It's not realistic.

LiveFree79
03-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Here's another example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uny7ptDTgt0&NR=1

LiveFree79
03-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Now contrast that with this? LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsi9OloTkuA&feature=related Notice how these guys are the same size? YOu think that shit is going to work with someone who outweighs you by 50 lbs? LMAO!

specsaregood
03-10-2009, 11:06 AM

krazy kaju
03-10-2009, 11:08 AM
what works in a dojo does not work in the street.

EXACTLY. If you don't constantly spar, you'll fail miserably in the street. You can do all of your fancy katas, forms, and static self defense "techniques," but they'll all fail when you're in a REAL situation where someone is attacking you.

This is why sparring martial arts like judo and boxing are superior to non-sparring martial arts like most forms of wing chun.

Saying that Brazilian jiu-jitsu and judo won't work is just a plain ole false statement. Sport BJJ isn't the greatest art to train for obvious reasons, but a jiujitsiero will still outdo some kata-engrossed karateka due to sparring. MOST real world fights don't involve guns or knives and are better dealt by grapplers. As for judo, you clearly have never done any grappling. A single judo throw could easily kill someone if they're on concrete.

Boxing, muay Thai, and kickboxing are all martial arts that one can become good in and have a good basis for fighting. When you train in a sparring environment, you learn what does and doesn't work in real life fighting, improve your speed much faster than in static training, and get in shape much more quickly.

This isn't to say that there are other, additional things that would need to be added into these arts to make them more street effective. There are, for example, krav maga schools that actually train boxing and grappling arts in addition to krav maga. This creates a powerful combination: someone who knows what to do in the event of a knife attack AND someone who has the reflexes necessary for a REAL fight.

LandonCook
03-10-2009, 01:46 PM
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Real life fighting is not the same thing as self defense. Despite the hype and the popularity BJJ is very ineffective in a street self defense situation. Most BJJ ends up on the ground in some sort of grapple. If someone has a gun to your head or a knife to your throat the last thing you're going to do is try to put on a fancy lock. That's what BJJ teaches. That is not realistic at all when you are in a parking lot or a bar. If any of the arts you mentioned is worth anything in a "fight" it's probably boxing. Kickboxing is worthless. Most people are not skilled enough to be a good kickboxer. Plus one wrong kick and you're finished. Muay Thai isn't bad and is better than BJJ. But NONE of those arts deal with effective defense against edged weapons, guns, etc. Judo is a joke! No disrespect to anyone that trains in those arts but what works in a dojo does not work in the street.

Dude, BJJ is for sport... nothing wrong with that.
But all martial art is not sport, i've taken Kuo Shou Sab Shou, Shotokan, and Karate Kempo... we learned all of what that guy was talking about. He's not that special. It just made me laugh.

I've fought in the street and the ring. Ring matches last 5 mins... Street fights last 5 seconds.

I do MMA for my health, and speed. Besides, its fun. Quit being a walking advertisement for joe douchebag.

LiveFree79
03-10-2009, 01:58 PM
But all martial art is not sport, i've taken Kuo Shou Sab Shou, Shotokan, and Karate Kempo... we learned all of what that guy was talking about. He's not that special. It just made me laugh.

The fact that you take anyting related to "karate" made me laugh. Kempo karate is a joke!

Shihan John Petrone, the big italian guy in the videos I posted, has actually grappled with a few of the Gracies. If you ever run into them ask them about him. You won't be laughing after you hear their response. And you know nothing........BJJ Is not just a sport. It's promoted as a self defense and fighting art all over the world. It has some concepts that are important and effective if used properly. But mostly it's ineffective by itself. Ever wonder why there are weight classes in BJJ and MMA?

LiveFree79
03-10-2009, 02:00 PM

I've fought in the street and the ring. Ring matches last 5 mins... Street fights last 5 seconds.

I do MMA for my health, and speed. Besides, its fun. Quit being a walking advertisement for joe douchebag.

Haha trust me buddy you've never been in a real self defense situation where someone wanted to smash your head in. Getting into a "fight" is not the same thing.

LandonCook
03-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Haha trust me buddy you've never been in a real self defense situation where someone wanted to smash your head in. Getting into a "fight" is not the same thing.

Ha! Yes I have, I've been attacked by multiple punks before, as well as had knifes pulled on me. Had that shit happen to me with my girlfriend before and I put that bastard in a hole so don't think you know anything about me.

LandonCook
03-10-2009, 09:21 PM
The fact that you take anyting related to "karate" made me laugh. Kempo karate is a joke!

Shihan John Petrone, the big italian guy in the videos I posted, has actually grappled with a few of the Gracies. If you ever run into them ask them about him. You won't be laughing after you hear their response. And you know nothing........BJJ Is not just a sport. It's promoted as a self defense and fighting art all over the world. It has some concepts that are important and effective if used properly. But mostly it's ineffective by itself. Ever wonder why there are weight classes in BJJ and MMA?

I learned everything that guy was saying in that video in Kempo.

BJJ is a sport. Only practical in a ring with gloves and one challenger.

reduen
03-11-2009, 07:17 AM
My son took second in Arkansas first ever AAA sanctioned wrestling tournament last month...! (140 lb) I know he should have won but he worked real hard this season and finished like (25-4). Did the best he could... (I am very proud!!) :cool:

Just wanted to take the time to brag a little but seriously, you guys are too violent man.... (Wonder why Landon lost the election..?)

specsaregood
03-11-2009, 07:40 AM

Freedom 4 all
03-11-2009, 09:19 AM
UFC is a joke! So is most MMA. BJJ is trendy and a lot of it is all hype or meant to be effective in a competition with rules and soft mats. Martial arts is an entirely different thing than self defense. I've trained in martial arts and I've since trained in self defense. I'd suggest everyone interested in self defense to look into www.veearnisjitsu.com and www.defenseinstitute.com Professor David James shit is real life saving "martial arts". It will teach you knife defense as well as gun defense. MMA doesn't even touch on weapons defense. Here's an example of Professor David Jame's concepts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e8xNmi77PM

I'd advise you to check out www.bullshido.com. The BJJ doesn't work on the street argument doesn't fly. RBSD is actually surprisingly ineffective in a street situation because the sparring isn't full contact. On the occasions when you do spar full contact in RBSD, you can see the gaping holes if you look for them quite easy.

Freedom 4 all
03-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Now contrast that with this? LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsi9OloTkuA&feature=related Notice how these guys are the same size? YOu think that shit is going to work with someone who outweighs you by 50 lbs? LMAO!

First off, anyone trying to choke with two hands in that way is a tard. No MMA fighter would EVER choke like that. Also, check this video out, I'd say this guy weighed a bit more that 50 pounds over the BJJ guy but he still got his shoulder broken anyways.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xl7a_royce-gracie-vs-akebono_sport

LandonCook
03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
My son took second in Arkansas first ever AAA sanctioned wrestling tournament last month...! (140 lb) I know he should have won but he worked real hard this season and finished like (25-4). Did the best he could... (I am very proud!!) :cool:

Just wanted to take the time to brag a little but seriously, you guys are too violent man.... (Wonder why Landon lost the election..?)

Congrats on your son's success! And no one knew I was trained while I ran for office.

LandonCook
03-12-2009, 07:56 PM
First off, anyone trying to choke with two hands in that way is a tard. No MMA fighter would EVER choke like that. Also, check this video out, I'd say this guy weighed a bit more that 50 pounds over the BJJ guy but he still got his shoulder broken anyways.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xl7a_royce-gracie-vs-akebono_sport

That was gross....

The One
03-12-2009, 07:59 PM

Best post I've read all day.:D

Eric21ND
03-12-2009, 08:02 PM
I learned everything that guy was saying in that video in Kempo.

BJJ is a sport. Only practical in a ring with gloves and one challenger.

BJJ traces its orgin back to ancient Greek Pankration and then found its way to feudal Japan, Samurai used it on the battlefield when caught weaponless and was later modifed for street fighting in Brazil. If it didn't work in those situations it would've died out. It's the most practical martial art, because it still emphasis the "martial" in the art.

LandonCook
03-13-2009, 11:23 AM
BJJ traces its orgin back to ancient Greek Pankration and then found its way to feudal Japan, Samurai used it on the battlefield when caught weaponless and was later modifed for street fighting in Brazil. If it didn't work in those situations it would've died out. It's the most practical martial art, because it still emphasis the "martial" in the art.

I can see it being practical as long as something wasn't dragged out. Because in real situations you sometimes have to deal with more than one person. And not only that. But alot of which i've learned in BJJ I would never do because it normally involves too many sensitive spots for me that become exposed.

Up The Deise
03-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Just get yourself a gun. It's the lazy man's option but just as effective.

LandonCook
03-13-2009, 12:12 PM

I have a licensed Glock in my car... I wish it wasn't licensed... but... yeah...

jkr
03-13-2009, 12:19 PM
I studied KAJUKENBO for 4.5 years.

5 arts in 1, Hawaiian origin, so it is an "American" martial art

wish there was a school in Cincy...

specsaregood
03-13-2009, 12:21 PM

Drawing a gun should mean you should be prepared to kill somebody. I don't think all situations require lethal force; but hey that's just me. Besides that there are plenty of places you can't carry a gun, or wouldn't want to carry a gun.

jkr
03-13-2009, 12:48 PM
...and guns can run out of ammo.

all jokes aside, i wish we never had invented gunpowder...check that, i meant the china