PDA

View Full Version : Mexican President Tells US how to Fix Economy, Nation!

Chosen
03-08-2009, 09:17 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...migration.html

Sounds like this tyrant is upset because his remittances are drying up. Not as many illegal aliens from Mexico shooting money out of the US.

For those unaware of the problem, many illegals earn money here, wire it back home out of our economy and subsist by using our welfare entitlements sytem.

Calderon: US should fix economy, then immigration

By TRACI CARL
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

Mexico's President Felipe Calderon speaks during an interview with the Associated Press in Mexico City, Thursday, Feb. 26, 2009. In the interview, Calderon rejected U.S. government reports that questioned whether the Mexican government is losing control of its territory to drug cartels. (AP Photo/Dario Lopez-Mills) MEXICO CITY -- President Felipe Calderon said Thursday he knows Barack Obama is committed to immigration reform, but that the best thing the American president can do - even for Mexicans - is to fix the U.S. economy.
In an interview with The Associated Press, Calderon said his pragmatism dictates that "the priority right now is to re-establish some kind of order in the economy."

"Immigration reform is a commitment of President Obama; I know that and he told me that, and it could be a very good thing to do in favor of Mexico and other nations," Calderon said in English. "But the best thing that President Obama and his government could do in favor of Mexico and the region is to solve the economic problem in the U.S."

Calderon also said Mexico and the United States need to focus on creating jobs for all of their people rather than on stopping people from crossing borders. He said the economies cannot be separated.

"The American economy has abundant capital, and the Mexican economy is abundant in labor. One is a large economy, the other is a small economy. We are sharing 3,000 kilometers of border," he said. "So it's impossible to try to stop some kind of integration between these factors of production."

Calderon said more jobs in Mexico will prevent Mexicans from heading north.
"I don't want to be a president watching, everyday, Mexican people trying to cross the border. I don't want to see in the future my country losing, everyday, the best of our people," Calderon said. "And I say the best of our people, because migrants to the U.S. are the youngest people, the bravest people, the hardest workers, and we need all of them here."

"Every single migrant to the United States is one family that is losing the father, or one family that is losing a son," he added. "We are losing leadership. We are losing courage."

akihabro
03-08-2009, 11:26 PM
So he wants us to fix our economy so Mexicans can get more jobs, but then he says he doesn't want them to leave Mexico for work. I'm confused. Of course he wants to intertwine our economies and erase the border.

Athan
03-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Mexico is fucked and has always been fucked. All that is changing now is the "raspas" (translation: "Strawberries" which is a nickname given to the rich and spoiled class of mexicans) are starting to worry that their foot on the neck of the people is coming off.

akihabro
03-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Mexico has been very helpful to the U.S by supplying copious amounts of drugs, safe haven for tax evaders and criminals, spring break fun, cheap vacations and hard working day laborers who stand outside of Home Depot and U-Haul who make me want to rent a bigger truck and take a 3 hour trip south.

Truth Warrior
03-13-2009, 05:31 AM
He can't do that to other countries. That's D.C.s job.

acptulsa
03-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Misleading headline. Is there a political leader in all the world who isn't blaming this mess on the U.S. government right now? Are any of them wrong?