PDA

View Full Version : They are attacking me already

Matt Collins
03-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Well the games have begun...

Apparently some of the status-quo /establishment GOP types are starting their attacks on me. The comments on these two articles is where it is originating.

Please check it out so that you know what we're up against. Feel free to comment if you care to.

Ron Paul-Republican making run at Davidson GOP chair:
http://www.examiner.com/x-3875-Nashville-Public-Policy-Examiner~y2009m3d6-Ron-Paul-Republican-making-a-run-at-Davidson-GOP-chair#comments

A Revolution In The Davidson County GOP?:
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/03/06/a-revolution-in-the-davidson-county-gop/

LibertyEagle
03-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Matt,

Most of them are good.

Truth Warrior
03-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Are they conservatives, Matt?

Deborah K
03-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Matt, I don't see any attacks on you. The remarks concerning you were quite complimentary. When you go up against Sterns, say in a debate, or even an interview, find out first, if you haven't already, if she was for the Iraq invasion. Find out what she knows about our monetary system. The one poster claims she is so conservative blah, blah, blah....fiscally...blah...what does she know about our current economic condition? I know you're running for a local position, but if the republican party is really gonna change, it needs to start at the local level, and with a knowledge of the current national issues.

Just my opinion.

Liberty Star
03-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Even if they attack you, dont let them bring you down.

euphemia
03-08-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm so sick of loser politics I could die. We have been begging for a true Constitutional conservative in Middle Tennessee, but the Davidson County Republican Party won't support them when they run. We should have gotten at least a coattail effect in 1994, but it was hard to even get the county headquarters to return our calls. They would call us to tell us where to take the yard signs.

Nothing has changed, I can tell you that.

The status-quo, stick-in-the-mud, asleep-at-the-wheel candidate has been Vice-Chair for two years and is only now setting goals to do what Matt has already done. I've lived in this county for over 30 years, and I know it's so.

Talk about a breath of fresh air. Hang in there, Matt.

Kotin
03-08-2009, 06:06 PM
did not see much of any "attacks"

remember matt, you are going to have thick skin.

Kludge
03-08-2009, 06:08 PM
you are going to have thick skin.

Transform yourself, Mr. Collins. Become the Reptilian.... Evolve....

Tell yourself this every night just prior to sleeping.

Matt Collins
03-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah I'm not asking to start a flame war by any means, and of course I don't want anyone to respond to those comments in a rude or offensive manner. If one won't behave in such a way then by all means respond. But remember this is the real deal where the rubber meets the road and all of the big wigs and also the casual voter is reading this with great interest. It's not the time to be abrasive, we are trying to win votes. But I think that reasoned, intelligent, and rational discourse is acceptable.

nobody's_hero
03-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah, don't get overly defensive. It can be construed as a sign of insecurity.

Remember Matt, you are:

The island in the eye of the hurricane.

The refuge of uncommon sensibility in the hail of obfuscation.

The key to free liberty from tyranny's dark cage of oppression.

Some have even called you, "the man."

I'm out of titles, someone pick up where I left off, please. Keep it going.

Matt Collins
03-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Matt, I don't see any attacks on you. The remarks concerning you were quite complimentary.

did not see much of any "attacks"

Actually they are attacking me by attacking the chairman. The chairman did not endorse me, but he does stand by his comments. Lots of people do not like him. They are trying to tie me to him and this is one method they are using to do it.

They are trying to say that he's a "bad guy" and that if he thinks I should be the next chairman then I shouldn't be based upon his "endorsement" even though he never endorsed me. :rolleyes:

When you go up against Sterns, say in a debate, or even an interview, find out first, if you haven't already, if she was for the Iraq invasion. Find out what she knows about our monetary system. The one poster claims she is so conservative blah, blah, blah....fiscally...blah...what does she know about our current economic condition? I know you're running for a local position, but if the republican party is really gonna change, it needs to start at the local level, and with a knowledge of the current national issues.

Just my opinion.Very good advice. Thank you for that. Since it is such a local race and both of us are really "nobodies" politically speaking neither of us have really gone on the record for anything (yet).

remember matt, you are going to have thick skin.Absolutely. I know where I stand and I have the high ground in terms of policy. Nothing anyone says will really bother me too much unless it's an outright lie. Hopefully my opposition (and those that support her) won't stoop to that level; I know I certianly won't.

TheConstitutionLives
03-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Well the games have begun...

Apparently some of the status-quo /establishment GOP types are starting their attacks on me. The comments on these two articles is where it is originating.

Please check it out so that you know what we're up against. Feel free to comment if you care to.

Ron Paul-Republican making run at Davidson GOP chair:
http://www.examiner.com/x-3875-Nashville-Public-Policy-Examiner~y2009m3d6-Ron-Paul-Republican-making-a-run-at-Davidson-GOP-chair#comments

A Revolution In The Davidson County GOP?:
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/03/06/a-revolution-in-the-davidson-county-gop/

Matt, should you be posting so much on this board? I mean, aren't these people coming over here and reading what you're running back here and writing? Do what you want but I don't know if it's the smartest thing to do.

pacelli
03-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Remember Matt, you are:

The island in the eye of the hurricane.

The refuge of uncommon sensibility in the hail of obfuscation.

The key to free liberty from tyranny's dark cage of oppression.

Some have even called you, "the man."

I'm out of titles, someone pick up where I left off, please. Keep it going.

Someone with an occasionally strange sense of humor.

Pauls' Revere
03-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Transform yourself, Mr. Collins. Become the Reptilian.... Evolve....

Tell yourself this every night just prior to sleeping.

LOL...and thick scaly skin.

RickyJ
03-08-2009, 08:54 PM
You should defend yourself against any and all attacks in timely matter otherwise you might lose. Smear politics works, so it will be used. But try to not bring out the dirt on your opponent if you can help it, but if you must, then do it in nice way. :)

Congratulations for taking on the establishment Republicans in your area. That takes a lot of guts. I will keep you in my prayers.

Matt Collins
03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
But try to not bring out the dirt on your opponent if you can help it, but if you must, then do it in nice way. :)I don't have any dirt on my opponent except for the fact that she represents the "status-quo establishment" but everyone knows that. Besides I don't want to play dirty.

Cowlesy
03-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Matt, should you be posting so much on this board? I mean, aren't these people coming over here and reading what you're running back here and writing? Do what you want but I don't know if it's the smartest thing to do.

Yes. If you were to become a threat, every stupid thing you have ever posted here will be plastered up for all to see --- you're a smart guy and know this.

ingrid
03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Yes. If you were to become a threat, every stupid thing you have ever posted here will be plastered up for all to see --- you're a smart guy and know this.

This point was brought up before...about how easy it is to find his posts through a google search. As long as he's not saying anything here that he wouldn't say in real life, then he's probably fine.