PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Immigration is destroying our schools.

Chosen
03-07-2009, 09:45 PM
http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=research_researchf6ad

Breaking the Piggy Bank: How Illegal Immigration is Sending Schools Into the Red
Printer-Friendly Version
Send this article to a friend!

With states straining under gaping budget shortfalls, public schools throughout the country are facing some of the most significant decreases in state education funding in decades. In some states, drastic cuts mean lay-offs for teachers, larger class sizes, fewer textbooks, and eliminating sports, language programs, and after-school activities. Nearly two-thirds of the states have cut back or proposed reductions in support for childcare and early childhood programs. Some are even shortening the school week from five days to four.

While these massive budget deficits cannot be attributed to any single source, the enormous impact of large-scale illegal immigration cannot be ignored. The total K-12 school expenditure for illegal immigrants costs the states nearly $12 billion annually, and when the children born here to illegal aliens are added, the costs more than double to $28.6 billion.

This enormous expenditure of the taxpayers’ hard-earned contributions does not, however, represent the total costs. Special programs for non-English speakers are an additional fiscal burden as well as a hindrance to the overall learning environment. A recent study found that dual language programs represent an additional expense of $290 to $879 per pupil depending on the size of the class. In addition, because these children of illegal aliens come from families that are most often living in poverty, there is also a major expenditure for them on supplemental feeding programs in the schools. Those ancillary expenditures have not been included in the calculations in this report.

The data presented here provide yet one more illustration of the costs of turning a blind eye to illegal immigration and should provide further impetus for states to demand that the federal government finally take effective and decisive action to restore integrity to our nation's immigration laws.

Full Report here:
http://www.fairus.org/site/DocServer/piggybank05.pdf?docID=2301

Pauls' Revere
03-08-2009, 12:50 AM
bump

Kraig
03-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Good god, the public school systems are destroying themselves. That is what they are prone to do. Do you blame everything on illegals?

ChaosControl
03-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Illegals should not be allowed into our schools.

Kraig
03-18-2009, 11:23 AM

The government should not be allowed to force me to pay for schools that I don't attend.

ChaosControl
03-18-2009, 11:27 AM
The government should not be allowed to force me to pay for schools that I don't attend.

You'll get no disagreement from me on that.

Kraig
03-18-2009, 11:44 AM

Then the public schools can go to hell for all I care, because that is exactly what they are doing to me.

Danke
03-18-2009, 11:57 AM

Government should not be allowed into our schools.

ChaosControl
03-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Government should not be allowed into our schools.

Young Paleocon
03-18-2009, 01:48 PM
That fact that government enables illegal's should not mask the fact that both are a problem.