PDA

View Full Version : Will fast food go out of business?

zach
03-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Just wondering..

I know that's where many people go since it's (usually) the cheapest form of food, but with everything else slowly collapsing, what about these giants?

torchbearer
03-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Just wondering..

I know that's where many people go since it's (usually) the cheapest form of food, but with everything else slowly collapsing, what about these giants?

I cook at home because it is even cheaper.
So they have room to decline.

zach
03-07-2009, 01:22 PM
I cook at home because it is even cheaper.
So they have room to decline.

Yep, I find that making my own food combos usually results in long-term savings and cheapness. However, I don't think the majority of people quite realize it too well.

ihsv
03-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Fast food will be the last to go out, because it's cheap and non-nutritional. In tough times, people will go to the McDonalds dollar menu before they go to TGI Fridays... Unless they've got their credit card with them.

euphemia
03-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Our county health department is now requiring restaurants to put calorie counts on the menu beside the item listing.

torchbearer
03-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Our county health department is now requiring restaurants to put calorie counts on the menu beside the item listing.

A store should at least be able to provide that info if asked.
I don't buy stuff If i don't know the contents.

Rael
03-07-2009, 01:31 PM
I read an article saying they would be the last to go out ofbusiness because they have more cost cutting methods avaliable to them than other food places like grocery stores