PDA

View Full Version : Thug Politics

john_anderson_ii
03-07-2009, 01:55 AM
I have somewhat of an insane idea. I say it's somewhat inane only because it's never been tried before in this direction and it would most certainly force media attention.

Lets think about our situation for a moment. Our government is using thugs to intimidate us. They use thugs in Blackwater, but that's nothing new, only televised this time. They also use thugs in the IRS, the DEA and H.S. Wherever there is an agent, a badge and a smile, that is a governmentally employed thug, paid to interact with you. The government is now executing an agenda to intimidate you into cooperation.

We've seen footage of the house and senate. Those people are not physically nor mentally intimidating, they wield governmental power as their intimidation stick, but they are frail, thoughtless and just plain boring. To the 70 year old, ten year term senator, intimidation is just something he has and can use at will. Even though he's not so much an intimidating figure himself.

I say we bring some of the human power aspect back into the house and the senate. Let's elect some thugs to do our bidding instead of paying for the government to hire some thugs to do theirs. Now I'm not advocating paying someone to beat up some senator or whatnot.

I'm saying....

Follow me...

We elect some straight up thugs! Imagine for a second, if you will, that some constituency manged to elect Eminem, the notorious rapper, to the house, and it somehow stuck. Do you like him? Do you agree with him? Doesn't he piss you off?

It doesn't matter does it?

These would become regular, everyday, normal questions upon capitol hill. People would be looking at him, as well as the capitol in the backdrop with some hyper scrutiny These questions in the last paragraph are rhetorical, they don't require an answer. However, they damn sure mean that people are wondering, imagining, asking questions themselves, and making up some sort of mental decision in their own mind. This is about 10 fold what congress can accomplish today.

My idea is simple. A few districts should organize to place men and women with no political ambition, but plenty of attitude at the top of the election process. When these men and women get to the house, they do nothing but question everything and stir up trouble, and thus debate.

Remember we aren't asking for law passing coalitions we are asking for hard questions in the midst of a media frenzy, and we need to elect divas and pre-Madonnas who deliver.

Basically, if capitol hill wants to put thugs and brutes in our front yards and school yards I think it's only fair that we put thugs and brutes on the senate floor. Again I'm not talking about thugs and brutes from off the street, but thugs and brutes properly elected from off the street. The senate or house cannot easily ask a duly elected representative of the people to leave the forum without some serious backlash, no matter how his commentary hurts the egos of those trying to pose as intellectuals. The power of an electoral district will accompany our own hooligans into the house to raise some eyebrows. What power will accompany the governments thugs onto our streets?

The heart of this idea is that a few districts organize to get some unknown, no shit stand up kind of guy elected. Neither the house nor senate can overturn such an election. Next this guy doesn't worry about his re-election, he's a one hit wonder from the get go, so he assumes a thuggish, bring it, kind of attitude. Thus he starts questioning and acting upon everything.

First of all, an Eminem inside the House?!? The media would hang on his every "maverick" word. If he was elected, and knew he was elected to be nothing more than a hooligan, the media would report his every word and thought. Finally, if the capitol gang tried to kick him out or banish him from proceedings, they would be excluding an entire constituency which just isn't acceptable.
This action alone would lead to discreditability, while our Johhny Maveric became a folk hero.

It's a loose/loose for the establishment, and a win/win for the everyday joes who partake in the scheme.

Seriously, if our house and our senate want to play hardball "state security" games with the American public, than we have every right to make our senate and house feel as uncomfortable and vulnerable as they make us feel. I say we Americans send some real American sentiment their way, and put in front of them the same kind of thug they put in front of us. I happen to know a few thugs, myself included who would be dying to go and intimidate without threatening, coerce without speaking. If our right/left totalitarian government wants to put their thugs in our neighborhoods to make sure we behave, we have every constitutional right to put our thugs into their neighborhood to make sure they behave. I'd be honored to be such a thug.

If you are serious about a sort of revolution returning this nation back to it's republic roots, consider this as a rudimentary step. We have to get people used to the idea of standing up in front a million person televised audience and delivering a redress of grievances that moves the audience. These people redressing our grievances can't be weak or scared. We, The People, no longer scare the house or senate from our homes or places of business. We must bring the force of "We The People" into the place of business of our house and senate in order for them to be properly held in awe of our control of this land. That's the way it has to be, and pretending otherwise is just fooling yourself.