PDA

View Full Version : Paul askes for 75M in earmarks....

tangent4ronpaul
03-06-2009, 06:19 PM
So reports FOX News.

They didn't happen to mention that Paul asks for earmarks to return what the Fud Guv STEALS from his district and that after asking for them he ALWAYS VOTES AGAINST THEM! - They are un-constitutional.

YEAH RON PAUL!

-t

dannno
03-06-2009, 06:25 PM
This really makes me upset.

There was a time when I wasn't completely sure I wanted to support Ron Paul. The issues I wasn't sure about were abortion and immigration. Instead of agreeing to disagree, or just leaving behind the campaign I decided to find out more about his position on these issues, and more importantly WHY he held these positions. I even e-mailed the campaign about the immigration issue to get a few things cleared up. Turns out I supported his positions all along, but the way the media presents political issues they make it so black and white that there is no reasoning or explanation for anything. It's like our dumbed down school system, you can choose answer A, B, C or D. So friggin lame.

MRoCkEd
03-06-2009, 07:09 PM
When Russert first brought up this issue and I didn't fully understand it I was shocked and dissapointed. But as I learned more, I realized that this whole obsession over earmarks is really diverting attention from the actual issue - the spending itself. A congressman who votes against the spending but chooses to earmark it for certain projects just in case it passes is actually doing the right thing.

FrankRep
03-06-2009, 07:12 PM
So reports FOX News.

They didn't happen to mention that Paul asks for earmarks to return what the Fud Guv STEALS from his district and that after asking for them he ALWAYS VOTES AGAINST THEM! - They are un-constitutional.

YEAH RON PAUL!

-t

He still voted AGAINST It. lol

Kotin
03-06-2009, 07:22 PM
earmarks make up such a infantile percentage of the budget that its irrelevant anyway..

sarahgop
03-06-2009, 07:33 PM
every dollar counts

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-06-2009, 07:35 PM
every dollar counts

you have something you need to say?

Omphfullas Zamboni
03-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Is there a good source that explains how earmarks do not increase the spending within a piece of legislation?

LibertyEagle
03-06-2009, 08:05 PM
When Russert first brought up this issue and I didn't fully understand it I was shocked and dissapointed. But as I learned more, I realized that this whole obsession over earmarks is really diverting attention from the actual issue - the spending itself. A congressman who votes against the spending but chooses to earmark it for certain projects just in case it passes is actually doing the right thing.

That's a really good way to describe it. Thanks. :)

The One
03-06-2009, 08:30 PM
That's a really good way to describe it. Thanks. :)

This is better.......

Here is the situation.

Gov: I have a gun and am taking your money.
People: That sux. What are you going to do with it?
Gov: Why don't we ask your reps?

Gov: [to Fox News] Run a story on how these politicians are stealing this money via earmarks. Be sure to include that assclown Paul. Make him look baaaad.
Fox: My favorite thing to do!

People: Hey Dr. Paul!
Paul: Hey what?!
People: We want our money back.
Paul: I voted to not take it from you, but they took it anyway.
People: This sux!
Paul: I'll get as much back to you as I can.
People: So you've never voted to take money from us unconstitutionally?
Paul: Never. You can google my voting record and see I vote alone a lot.
People: But the TV said you took this money from us.
Paul: They lied. The money was already out of your hands. I just got as much as I could and brought it back to you in the form of needed projects. It's like having your lunch money stolen and then being handed a sloppy joe when you could have gone to the salad bar and built your own monster salad. You either starve or eat the sloppy joe. It sux!
People: TV sux!
Paul: Yes it does, but you know what? The internet loves you....and People.....I love you.
People: I love you too Doctor......I love you too.

[fade to black]

Originally posted by ForLiberty-RonPaul

The_Orlonater
03-06-2009, 08:30 PM
This really makes me upset.

There was a time when I wasn't completely sure I wanted to support Ron Paul. The issues I wasn't sure about were abortion and immigration. Instead of agreeing to disagree, or just leaving behind the campaign I decided to find out more about his position on these issues, and more importantly WHY he held these positions. I even e-mailed the campaign about the immigration issue to get a few things cleared up. Turns out I supported his positions all along, but the way the media presents political issues they make it so black and white that there is no reasoning or explanation for anything. It's like our dumbed down school system, you can choose answer A, B, C or D. So friggin lame.

In my school it's either "agree" ,or "disagree." We don't take, "it's a far too complicated position to embroil ourselves in."

constituent
03-06-2009, 09:32 PM
In my school it's either "agree" ,or "disagree." We don't take, "it's a far too complicated position to embroil ourselves in."

:sigh of relief:

thank you.

devil21
03-06-2009, 09:44 PM
every dollar counts

Never counted when GWB was in office.