PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone go to see Ron Paul in Utah today?

smtwngrl
09-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm just wondering how he fared there. :)

And by the way, I was just reading that this past week at BYU's devotional--in Provo--the subject was the Constitution.

walt
09-15-2007, 05:57 PM
click search - type - utah - you'll find your answer - no need for new thread

katao
09-15-2007, 06:01 PM
I went - it was awesome. At least 500+ packed (standing room only) the restored Union Pacific hall. Great speech (similar to the USC speech) - he also hinted at his Health Freedom Initiative (which he will detail at the fund raising dinner) which is a great focus for Utah because of its huge number of vitamin/supplement companies here. The energy in the hall was amazing. I was in the very back with 2 of my kids holding huge signs so I missed some of his speech - I'm anxious for someone to post video to YouTube.

Lord Xar
09-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I went - it was awesome. At least 500+ packed (standing room only) the restored Union Pacific hall. Great speech (similar to the USC speech) - he also hinted at his Health Freedom Initiative (which he will detail at the fund raising dinner) which is a great focus for Utah because of its huge number so vitamin/supplement companies here. The energy in the hall was amazing. I was in the very back with 2 of my kids holding huge signs so I missed some of his speech - I'm anxious for someone to post video to YouTube.

I love it....

You keep reading about these other rally's with other candidates with a hundred or two-hundred people, and then DR. PAUL comes out and blows doors with 500+ at EVERY EVENT and most at 800+ and not a word from MSM...

Awesome... any other news from the day?

Hook
09-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Dr. Paul will be hosting a dinner here this evening, for those that can afford $2000 a plate.
A bit rich for my blood.

kylebrotherton
09-15-2007, 06:12 PM
click search - type - utah - you'll find your answer - no need for new thread

Search does not work for me. It has a captcha verification, but there's no image.

walt
09-15-2007, 06:14 PM
very strange - it wasn't working two weeks ago - I thought it was fully fixed. It's working fine for me right now.

Ronnie Is Batshit Crazy
09-15-2007, 06:28 PM
I'll bet Ronnie could muster 2% with the Bring'em Young crowd.

Swmorgan77
09-15-2007, 07:50 PM
GREAT RALLY, huge energetic turnout!!!

I've got very shaky, amatuer video of the whole speech I am capturing right now.

At this moment, I am working with a Salt Lake tribune reporter to get her the audio ASAP so she can get a story in tomorrow's paper.

Does anyone know of anywhere that the audio has been uploaded already, so I don't have to finish capturing before I get the audio to her?

Karrl
09-15-2007, 10:38 PM
The rally in SLC today was just wonderful!! I estimated the crowd as closer to 700. It was standing room only in the Grand Hall. They announced the tour has so far generated $350,000 in donations.

Swmorgan77
09-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Here's a link to some local media coverage of the rally:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1812196

Leave some comments on the page while you're there too :)

Thomas_Paine
09-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Had a GREAT time at the rally today.

Did anyone else who went see a guy in a red shirt going around spreading lies about Ron? He approached my wife and said that Ron Paul is "all talk" and that he would never really do what he said. My friend had a video camera so we went over to the guy and I confronted him about his statements. He quickly back peddled and said that didn't really know much about Ron Paul to which I said that he should be making false statements about him then. When the video is posted I'll let everyone know....

Had great success selling RP Revolution t-shirts to raise money for Ron. In 30 minutes I raised over $300.00 (beyond expenses)! If I had more t-shirts and another guy I'm sure we could double that figure.

If don't have money to give you can always do something similar to this, it was very easy.

archemeedees
09-15-2007, 11:25 PM
The rally was nothing short of amazing. It was so cool to be a part of something I'd only previously seen on YouTube. What an awesome, enthusiastic crowd.

I was a little worried when I arrived at 12:45 to see only about seventy-five people there. But within the half hour the crowd had exploded to standing room only. I have no skill for estimating numbers in a crowd, so I hope someone can post the attendance numbers if they know them.

I AM part of the "Bring-em-young" crowd, (attended BYU if that's what you mean) and so are several other of the most active and effective advocates for Ron Paul that there are. Keep in mind that his national campaign manager is Mormon and so are a few other high-level members of his official staff. Kind of ironic, maybe we should point it out to Romney;)

Hook
09-15-2007, 11:40 PM
The rally was nothing short of amazing. It was so cool to be a part of something I'd only previously seen on YouTube. What an awesome, enthusiastic crowd.

I was a little worried when I arrived at 12:45 to see only about seventy-five people there. But within the half hour the crowd had exploded to standing room only. I have no skill for estimating numbers in a crowd, so I hope someone can post the attendance numbers if they know them.

I AM part of the "Bring-em-young" crowd, (attended BYU if that's what you mean) and so are several other of the most active and effective advocates for Ron Paul that there are. Keep in mind that his national campaign manager is Mormon and so are a few other high-level members of his official staff. Kind of ironic, maybe we should point it out to Romney;)

Don't worry about the Brigham Young comment. It is from a troll that has since been terminated earlier today :)

archemeedees
09-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Here's a link to the Salt Lake City meetup group message board thread where one of our members posted video links of the local press coverage.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/365/messages/boards/view/addpost?parent=11326055&forum=663451

Thanks for believing in Utah's ability to support Ron Paul;)

reduen
09-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Had a GREAT time at the rally today.

Did anyone else who went see a guy in a red shirt going around spreading lies about Ron? He approached my wife and said that Ron Paul is "all talk" and that he would never really do what he said. My friend had a video camera so we went over to the guy and I confronted him about his statements. He quickly back peddled and said that didn't really know much about Ron Paul to which I said that he should be making false statements about him then. When the video is posted I'll let everyone know....

Had great success selling RP Revolution t-shirts to raise money for Ron. In 30 minutes I raised over $300.00 (beyond expenses)! If I had more t-shirts and another guy I'm sure we could double that figure.

If don't have money to give you can always do something similar to this, it was very easy.

I went to Ames Iowa for the straw poll and there was a guy hanging around there doing similar things!! I was wise to his game from the moment he spoke to me. :D

Chester Copperpot
09-16-2007, 01:14 AM
The rally in SLC today was just wonderful!! I estimated the crowd as closer to 700. It was standing room only in the Grand Hall. They announced the tour has so far generated $350,000 in donations.

What part of the tour has generated $350k?? Just Utah.. seatlle? California? Everything?

Syren123
09-16-2007, 01:45 AM
Dr. Paul will be hosting a dinner here this evening, for those that can afford $2000 a plate.
A bit rich for my blood.

I just want to say this about that.

We know....we ALL KNOW....that $2000 is rich for many people's blood. There is no shame in that. The big ticket events are for one reason and one reason only: to RAISE MONEY. They're not to divide the supporters into groups, one gets more than the other. Not at all. For those who can donate, this is an opportunity to do so and get some face time with the Congressman. But for the large majority who can't, they try to provide some sort of way for everyone to get to see and hear Dr Paul in person - rallies, marches, whatever, and many times people can meet him and get their books signed and say hello, shake hands.

Everyone's efforts are important, whether it's making signs, marching, handing out flyers, tellingl friends...or donating $2000 and attending a dinner. Whatever it is you can do, God bless you for doing it. We're all in this together and the goal is the same - to get Ron Paul elected President.

Syren123
09-16-2007, 01:51 AM
ROCK ON, Salt Lake City!!! So glad you had an SRO rally, lots of supporters and RP energy!

propanes
09-16-2007, 02:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-wLHJiB3pc

Thor
09-16-2007, 03:09 AM

Good clip with a few small exceptions. Thx....

walt
09-16-2007, 05:37 AM

I really like this story. It would be an appropriate intro piece to pass around becasue it's short, yet comprehensive and has numbers of supporters there (validation).