PDA

View Full Version : First riots in the United States

Elwar
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Ok, with unemployment rising, there are going to be a lot of frustrated people with a lot of time on their hands.

It seems like the higher the unemployment in other countries, the more likely that a riot occurs...so when do you think the first riot of this administration will occur?

Deborah K
03-06-2009, 11:53 AM
It'll happen right after the rise in home invasions.

hotbrownsauce
03-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I think the people wont riot anytime soon because the government is going to save them. People rely so much on the government I think they wont riot for a while longer until SH!+ really hits the fan.

I think I came to the realization last night just how dumbed down people are... That the average person expects and wants government involvement. They can't explain why or why not, its just that that is how things are done and the only way people know how to do.

youngbuck
03-06-2009, 12:42 PM
There's no guarantee that riots are going to happen anytime soon on a large scale. Sure, it very plausible, but the question shouldn't be when they're going to happen, but instead when do you think they might happen.

Elwar
03-06-2009, 12:47 PM
I wasn't thinking anything along the lines of mass riots against the government.

Just a riot in general. Which makes the most likely case...the final game of some sport.

pcosmar
03-06-2009, 12:49 PM
There's no guarantee that riots are going to happen anytime soon on a large scale. Sure, it very plausible, but the question shouldn't be when they're going to happen, but instead when do you think they might happen.

If they don't start from people just being pissed, TPTB will start them to consolidate their power.
It is the reason Obama was imposed on the population.

Feenix566
03-06-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't think there will be riots during Obama's presidency. Jimmy Carter was essentially exactly like Obama, and he didn't get riots. What he did get was Reagan.

Zippyjuan
03-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Well, if I hear of anybody who wants to start rioting I will send them over to your house. They can start there. Then you wouldn't miss the action.

When was the last time we had economic riots in this country?

pcosmar
03-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Well, if I hear of anybody who wants to start rioting I will send them over to your house. They can start there. Then you wouldn't miss the action.

When was the last time we had economic riots in this country?

Who said it had to be economic? could be , but I doubt it.
I expect racial, when "they" arrange an accident for The messiah.
With the blame being placed on some skinhead patsy that had neither the means nor expertise to pull it off.

youngbuck
03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
TPTB will start them to consolidate their power.
It is the reason Obama was imposed on the population.

Yea, good point. Didn't really look at that angle.

sailor
03-06-2009, 01:22 PM
When is the next Guns n` Roses concert??

Oh the good ole days...

Elwar
03-06-2009, 02:03 PM
I've been involved in two riots...there doesn't have to be any political motivation.

One that I was in happened because it snowed.

satchelmcqueen
03-06-2009, 02:04 PM
yeah, here is what is going to set me off if it happens... i get laid off from a 4 year job of land surveying. i am now starting school in ems work.

i find out yesterday that all counties within a 100 mile radius has hiring freezes on.

what the hell am i supposed to do now? go to school for a non existent job, or keep applying to companies that laugh at you when you ask for an application? i better get a job soon or im gonna lose it,

Elwar
03-06-2009, 02:11 PM
i find out yesterday that all counties within a 100 mile radius has hiring freezes on.

Hiring freeze?

Sounds like the "outlawing of firing" from Ayn Rand's We the Living

Uriel999
03-06-2009, 02:23 PM
It'll happen right after the rise in home invasions.

Rise in home invasions check (at least in my area, but then again after Katrina we got a lot of the New Orleans problematic citizens).

ClayTrainor
03-06-2009, 02:38 PM
It's never been more crucial to form a militia within your community....

Deborah K
03-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Rise in home invasions check (at least in my area, but then again after Katrina we got a lot of the New Orleans problematic citizens).

yeah, and there are going to a lot more 'problamatic citizens' as the unemployment rate goes up. People get desperate, and they take what they need, and they don't care who they take it from. Food riots are what I'm worried about.

raiha
03-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Sorry to hear that Satchel. Very sorry you have been laid off. I think everyone in the whole wide world (the ones with jobs) is holding his breath, waiting to be called in and given marching orders.

Danke
03-06-2009, 03:28 PM
yeah, here is what is going to set me off if it happens... i get laid off from a 4 year job of land surveying. i am now starting school in ems work.

what the hell am i supposed to do now? go to school for a non existent job, or keep applying to companies that laugh at you when you ask for an application? i better get a job soon or im gonna lose it,

Have you contacted Oprah? She may need more security during the economic turmoil.

How about FEMA, I hear they are looking for good workers, maybe as a guard?

hotbrownsauce
03-06-2009, 04:28 PM
OH! okay TPTB means "The Powers That Be".

Reason
03-06-2009, 04:47 PM
There won't be riots.

Riots would require Americans to care.

I don't see that as ever happening.

Original_Intent
03-06-2009, 05:33 PM
April 15 seems like a likely date for some turmoil.

people that lost their jobs AND owe taxes from last year = bad situation.

Deborah K
03-06-2009, 05:35 PM
There won't be riots.

Riots would require Americans to care.

I don't see that as ever happening.

Hungry people care.

Mandrik
03-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I think I came to the realization last night just how dumbed down people are... That the average person expects and wants government involvement. They can't explain why or why not, its just that that is how things are done and the only way people know how to do.

Actually, a lot of people can explain why they want government help. They see our government throwing billions to failed banks and businesses. People want their cut. I'm not saying it's right (it's obviously not), but that's the way some people look at it.

akihabro
03-06-2009, 07:51 PM
We need to start our own! So where is the most convenient place? Even if there is some small riots I'd be suprised it would be covered on the U.S wide news. The media blocked out film of riots/angry mods trying to withdrawl their money during the great depression to keep the peace. If I had a working video camera I'd love to post a video asking people how they felt about the situation and would they go so far as rioting?

akihabro
03-06-2009, 08:51 PM
The water is warming up!
http://wcbstv.com/breakingnewsalerts/recession.budget.protest.2.951551.html