PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel the same?

BillyDkid
03-06-2009, 10:07 AM
You know, I don't want the US to fall to pieces and I don't want my retirement to evaporate, but my feeling is this - if this is going to happen, I wish it would just happen. To me it feels like having the Sword of Damocles hanging over our heads. If it is inevitable that these bailouts and stimulus packages are going to destroy the economy and life as we know it, I wish it would just happen rather than having to wait around for the inevitable. At least then I would know what to do and what to expect. It's like when a loved one is sick and dying in the hospital - obviously, you don't want them to die, but if it is inevitable, you would like to get it over with. Uncertainty is tough to deal with. Even bad certainty is better than uncertainty a lot of the time.

LittleLightShining
03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
I do, but I'm not really that worried about it. It feels like riptide to me. You can fight it and maybe drown or just go with it and end up back on the shore. I'm not saying I've given up and it's not worth fighting but there's only so much I can do. I'm swimming right now. When the tide comes I'll just have to see where I've landed and hope it's not too far from where I left my stuff.

pcosmar
03-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Yup
I know the feelings. Hang in. prepare, and take care of friends and family.
We can possibly help the others when the rude awakening comes.

raiha
03-06-2009, 03:21 PM
What happens if its a Tsunami LLS?

LittleLightShining
03-06-2009, 03:38 PM
What happens if its a Tsunami LLS?
I don't know. But no one can stop a tsunami. All you can do is forget your stuff, run and pray.

John of Des Moines
03-06-2009, 03:53 PM
You do one of three things:

1) Use the time you have now before shtf and prep-up. Buy the things you will need in the future (starting with ass-wipe) with the time left. You will be well ahead of the masses.

2) Sit around bitting you're nails uselessly.

3) Act as if a big dinosaur killing comet is on it's way with a small blue/green planet in its cross hairs. And lucky you, you're on the continent that's going to get the direct hit and there's no boats, plane, trains or automobiles left. So party like you're going to die. Have endless sex and drugs. Then repent right before it hits.

The choice is yours.

Bradley in DC
03-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Knowing is everything. One of my retirement accounts is with a PrudentBear fund that went up about 28% last year. ;)

dannno
03-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Load up on TP and store it in your attic. Make more garden space on your property.

Get a bunch of these for your family and to trade when SHTF:

http://www.backcountry.com/store/EXT0005/Katadyn-Pocket-Water-Microfilter.html?CMP_ID=PD_GOO001&CP=Google&CMP=KNC-Google&mv_pc=r101&gcid=S2000x135&keyword=&s_kwcid=katadyn%20pocket%20filter|3120945551

Plenty of stuff to do to prepare.

heavenlyboy34
03-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Load up on TP and store it in your attic. Make more garden space on your property.

Get a bunch of these for your family and to trade when SHTF:

http://www.backcountry.com/store/EXT0005/Katadyn-Pocket-Water-Microfilter.html?CMP_ID=PD_GOO001&CP=Google&CMP=KNC-Google&mv_pc=r101&gcid=S2000x135&keyword=&s_kwcid=katadyn%20pocket%20filter|3120945551 (http://www.backcountry.com/store/EXT0005/Katadyn-Pocket-Water-Microfilter.html?CMP_ID=PD_GOO001&CP=Google&CMP=KNC-Google&mv_pc=r101&gcid=S2000x135&keyword=&s_kwcid=katadyn%20pocket%20filter%7C3120945551)

Plenty of stuff to do to prepare.

Houses in Arizona don't have attics. :p:( I'm-a gonna get me a storage shed when I can afford it. ;):)

nate895
03-06-2009, 06:52 PM
I feel the same way as the OP, I just want the whole thing to collapse after tomorrow since that is when I get my gun.