PDA

View Full Version : YOUTUBE censoring

ruggedindividualist
03-06-2009, 08:35 AM
I went back to a Youtube linked from Lewrockwell last week

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8PDFxtozJw)

and found the initial negative comments had all been deleted and there were only glowing comments posted. It was the Youtube about the Tom Palmer "Atlas" organization that is "spreading the ideas of liberty" globally. I tried to give some of the comments the "thumbs down" (and most of them had mostly thumbs down, which is curious considering there were no negative comments posted) as well but it didn't stick, they were set back as they were initially. Is this standard for youtube??
I have heard of them censoring but this seems very blatant.

pcosmar
03-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Just go through and put a "Thumbs Up" on the negative ones.
Looks like some anti freedom folks were busy.

Zippyjuan
03-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Could not say about your particular example but they do pull some videos over copyright issues.

ruggedindividualist
03-07-2009, 07:21 AM
I've been reading up on this. Apparently it is the person who places the youtube video who can moderate comments and delete the negative ones! So, in this instance, we have the hilarious spectacle of the CATO spawned "ATLAS "freedom" organization deleting all speech from the comments section they don't like! I guess the Tom Palmer "Brand" of liberty brooks no deviation from its standard! What quality control!

I think I'll stick to generic liberty, thanks!

FrankRep
03-07-2009, 07:25 AM
I went back to a Youtube linked from Lewrockwell last week

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8PDFxtozJw)

and found the initial negative comments had all been deleted and there were only glowing comments posted. It was the Youtube about the Tom Palmer "Atlas" organization that is "spreading the ideas of liberty" globally. I tried to give some of the comments the "thumbs down" (and most of them had mostly thumbs down, which is curious considering there were no negative comments posted) as well but it didn't stick, they were set back as they were initially. Is this standard for youtube??
I have heard of them censoring but this seems very blatant.

The owner of the video can delete comments.

idiom
03-07-2009, 06:45 PM
And Youtube can do whatever the hell it wants with its own site and donated videos and comments.