PDA

View Full Version : Any Utah News, rally reports?

Johnnybags
09-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Anyone?

Hook
09-15-2007, 05:44 PM
I went down there. But I was 2 hours late so people were just leaving or milling around.

Original_Intent
09-15-2007, 07:20 PM
It was great he gave a great speech, it was pretty much the USC speech. There were about 700 people in attendance and they said that this week they raised almost half a million dollars but again asked everyone to donate as much as they could - even as well as they are doing they obviously need a lot more.

Very enthusiastic crowd and I was pleased with the size i was afraid the whole state was Romneyfied.

My boys and I all got to shake hands with Congressman Paul, we didn't do the photo-op because the poor man was getting mobbed. The local television news did a nice piece on the rally and also spliced in an interview, special mention that RP is the only anti-war Republican.

Hopefully with the two fundraisers in SLC it will push them well over the $500,000 for the week.

I took the camcorder and was going to throw it on Youtube, but it would have been essentially audio only as I did not have a good position to film it so I gave it up.

Swmorgan77
09-15-2007, 07:51 PM
My shaky, amateur video is coming soon. Several ppl had cameras and tripods so we'll get a good one at some point I'm sure.

archemeedees
09-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Awesome rally. So inspiring to see the place packed. I was thrilled to see that not all Utahns are asleep;)