PDA

View Full Version : Everytime I think I found...

hotbrownsauce
03-06-2009, 04:12 AM
Every time I think I've been enlightened and feel "Wow, I don't think anything else can top this." I am proven wrong by something else... days... weeks... months... years later.

I was interested in law... found a book by Cleon Skousen years ago and felt like "Wow".
Found Mike Badnirak (Spelling). "Wow"
Found the ACLU, "Wow".
Ron Paul, "Wow".
And many other things in between.

Does that happen to you, that you just keep stumbling over new "Awe" inspiring material and feel "Wow" how am I going to top this?

It's like layers building upon layers. I find it very arousing or stimulative. My brain is like a sponge, a sponge that soaks up knowledge!

sailor
03-06-2009, 04:53 AM
No.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-06-2009, 06:14 AM
"Wow" = a kick in the butt from a state of solid dogma to fluid Truth

the key is to not take your fluid Truth and freeze it solid, but allow your mind to be like water.

the realization of the Truth is actually the breaking down of your personality (self, ego, the I Am) - when this happens the self fights back and solidifies whatever information you have just incorporated into your reality. It does this in order to survive. It convinces you that you need perspective on Truth via a personality in order to understand Truth. It is all a lie.

You have been poured into the glass of humanness and you believe you are the glass. The glass, however, is not a solid construct but a narrow view of the mind's eye.

Be like water, and you will no longer need to play the game of "Wow".

Enlightenment is not an end, but a means.

Truth Warrior
03-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Every time I think I've been enlightened and feel "Wow, I don't think anything else can top this." I am proven wrong by something else... days... weeks... months... years later.

I was interested in law... found a book by Cleon Skousen years ago and felt like "Wow".
Found Mike Badnirak (Spelling). "Wow"
Found the ACLU, "Wow".
Ron Paul, "Wow".
And many other things in between.

Does that happen to you, that you just keep stumbling over new "Awe" inspiring material and feel "Wow" how am I going to top this?

It's like layers building upon layers. I find it very arousing or stimulative. My brain is like a sponge, a sponge that soaks up knowledge!

It's called growth.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." ;)

Enjoy the journey and the quest. :)

gilliganscorner
03-06-2009, 06:57 AM
When you stand on the shoulders of giants, you can see for miles....

Natalie
03-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Yeah, except for me it's sort of the opposite. Every time the government does something incredibly stupid, I think, Wow, this has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Then they do something ever dumber. They never cease to amaze me.

Truth Warrior
03-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Yeah, except for me it's sort of the opposite. Every time the government does something incredibly stupid, I think, Wow, this has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Then they do something ever dumber. They never cease to amaze me. There is method and agenda behind TPTB "madness" and "stupidity".<IMHO> They have done their homework well. ;)

"Taking the State wherever found, striking into its history at any point, one sees no way to differentiate the activities of its founders, administrators, and beneficiaries from those of a professional-criminal class." ~ Albert Jay Nock, Our Enemy, The State

Kludge
03-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Every time I enter Hot Topics or read new posts by specific people, I get a "wow" moment.

Danke
03-06-2009, 10:25 AM
I take whatever is common knowledge, mainstream, etc. and do a 180. That seems to be where the truth lies.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-06-2009, 11:04 AM
anybody else hungry?

torchbearer
03-06-2009, 11:11 AM
anybody else hungry?

for FREEDOM FRIES!

hotbrownsauce
03-06-2009, 12:35 PM
lol

I guess what I was really trying to say was that I keep finding new things, like people and institutions, that simply amaze me with their brilliance. Also, that I always find something better with more or a different brilliance later.

This doesn't mean I think everything stays that brilliant... like the ACLU for example I was real into the Organization for a while. I found out that the ACLU may be well intended but I think they lack many things so they don't seem as brilliant now. The latest "thing" I have been fascinated with is Milton Friedman.

(I'm a full time College student so I have had limited time to study many of the things liberty minded people have that are older.)

Truth Warrior
03-06-2009, 12:38 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/red-pill-or-blue-pill.jpg

:)

Theocrat
03-06-2009, 12:53 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/red-pill-or-blue-pill.jpg

http://echochambers.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/alice-in-front-of-rabbit-hole9.jpg

;)

JoshLowry
03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
http://echochambers.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/alice-in-front-of-rabbit-hole9.jpg

;)

Don't go in there! There is no return!

Truth Warrior
03-06-2009, 01:34 PM
don't go in there! There is no return!

"How Deep the Rabbit Hole Goes" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1054472&postcount=16)

:D

Truth Warrior
03-06-2009, 01:36 PM

;)

"How Deep the Rabbit Hole Goes" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1054472&postcount=16)

Truth Warrior
03-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Sometimes being on a "BLUE PILL" forum for a "RED PILL" candidate STILL just really cracks me up. :D

Uriel999
03-06-2009, 02:21 PM

;)

What happens if I take the blue pill AND the red pill at the same time? :D

heavenlyboy34
03-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Sometimes being on a "BLUE PILL" forum for a "RED PILL" candidate STILL just really cracks me up. :D

It frustrates the hell out of me sometimes! :eek::mad: Then after I take some deep breaths I laugh my ass off. ;):D:)

heavenlyboy34
03-06-2009, 02:24 PM
What happens if I take the blue pill AND the red pill at the same time? :D

you poop mini bunchies for a week! :eek:;)

Truth Warrior
03-06-2009, 02:24 PM
What happens if I take the blue pill AND the red pill at the same time? :D Best I can figure that would be like taking the "PURPLE PILL". Know the truth, but still be able to sleep at night. :D

sailor
03-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Best I can figure that would be like taking the "PURPLE PILL". Know the truth, but still be able to sleep at night. :D

So it`s like the worst of both worlds!!

Truth Warrior
03-06-2009, 02:45 PM
So it`s like the worst of both worlds!! "Your mileage may vary, from what is listed". :D

JoshLowry
03-06-2009, 02:47 PM

:mad:

I'm tired of you and heavenlyboy taking ambiguous cracks at this forum and making broad false statements of the members who participate here.

We have a great community here, it's not perfect but it functions for the most part. If you want to better it, then please do so constructively.

Do leave if you just want to bitch and rock the boat. If you don't like the content here, then stop visiting this site.

[/headache]

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Don't go in there! There is no return!

mmm, but there can be..... Mr. Reagan.

http://www.hackthematrix.org/matrix/pics/m1/rebels/cypher.jpg

hotbrownsauce
03-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Well, at least we all agree that the path the government is taking us is the wrong one with an unhealthy end.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Well, at least we all agree that the path the government is taking us is the wrong one with an unhealthy end.

yes, we all die but the human race gets recycled in the end (beginning).

......wait, what? who's talking?

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsB/1651-16142.gif

Truth Warrior
03-07-2009, 05:18 AM
:mad:

I'm tired of you and heavenlyboy taking ambiguous cracks at this forum and making broad false statements of the members who participate here.

We have a great community here, it's not perfect but it functions for the most part. If you want to better it, then please do so constructively.

Do leave if you just want to bitch and rock the boat. If you don't like the content here, then stop visiting this site.

[/headache]

Thank you for finally providing the missing piece, confirmation and explanation for the attention and singled out "special treatment" I've received for quite some time now from some of the forum "leaders". I suppose that I'm expected to feel pleased, flattered and honored by all of the personalized attention from the forum PTB.
Please excuse me for not.

The "community" here is fine. Perhaps with just a few dozen more "Guidelines" from you, and a few other minor tweaks you may indeed achieve your "perfection". As with America, it's great in spite of it's governments, not because of them.<IMHO> As above, so below. BTW, that's exactly what I'm doing. I regret that you don't seem to understand that. I believe that Ron would understand.

The content here is not the problem. I just ignore about 95% of it. The problems lie elsewhere. I "bitch and rock the boat" about SOME of the problems. As interestingly enough, that is one of the several characteristics that I happen to share with Ron, and probably goes a very long way towards explaining some of the reasons why I respect and like him.

On the bright side and hopefully a positive note to end, 99.75% of the threads and 99.14% of the posts here, are NOT my forum content. Be happy! ;)

Thanks! :)

"But let it not be said that we did nothing." -- Ron Paul

nayjevin
03-07-2009, 05:58 AM

don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, here, TruthWarrior. Josh has a point, imo

Truth Warrior
03-07-2009, 08:32 AM
don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, here, TruthWarrior. Josh has a point, imo So do I.<IMHO> Is it required that you and I agree?

kaleidoscope eyes
03-07-2009, 08:48 AM
A pot often needs to be stirred occasionally to keep the contents within from becoming scalded, burnt, and inedible.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-07-2009, 08:54 AM

"The Tao is like an empty bowl,
Which in being used can never be filled up."

torchbearer
03-07-2009, 08:59 AM
If certain people respected properties rights, they wouldn't walk up onto other people's property and disrespect the privilege of being there.

fedup100
03-07-2009, 01:58 PM
TW, I just think Josh is just asking that you stop baiting members to the mouth of the rabbit hole and then vituperating them for showing up.

It would appear you and your devoted followers are working diligently to force the wrong pill down the wrong throats, IMHO. :(

Kludge
03-07-2009, 02:00 PM
vituperating

:D I learned a new word today!

RCA
03-07-2009, 02:52 PM
See my signature for lots of enlightenment. Possibly the most enlightenment one can find anywhere in the world.

Gosmokesome
03-07-2009, 03:03 PM
YEAH ITS AMAZING!
I love it, you wonder how you were able to live without it! Its like man discovering fire over and over again!

JoshLowry
03-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Thank you for finally providing the missing piece, confirmation and explanation for the attention and singled out "special treatment" I've received for quite some time now from some of the forum "leaders". I suppose that I'm expected to feel pleased, flattered and honored by all of the personalized attention from the forum PTB.
Please excuse me for not.

The "community" here is fine. Perhaps with just a few dozen more "Guidelines" from you, and a few other minor tweaks you may indeed achieve your "perfection". As with America, it's great in spite of it's governments, not because of them.<IMHO> As above, so below. BTW, that's exactly what I'm doing. I regret that you don't seem to understand that. I believe that Ron would understand.

The content here is not the problem. I just ignore about 95% of it. The problems lie elsewhere. I "bitch and rock the boat" about SOME of the problems. As interestingly enough, that is one of the several characteristics that I happen to share with Ron, and probably goes a very long way towards explaining some of the reasons why I respect and like him.

On the bright side and hopefully a positive note to end, 99.75% of the threads and 99.14% of the posts here, are NOT my forum content. Be happy! ;)

Thanks! :)

"But let it not be said that we did nothing." -- Ron Paul

I haven't directed any moderators to single you out. It seems that you just happen to get under the skin of more than one person with moderator privileges.

You don't get special treatment because of some top down authority. You feeling pleased, honored, or flattered was never my intention. No excuses necessary.

Unlike Ron Paul, you haven't been singled out for a message of freedom, prosperity, or peace. I'll let you think it over why that is.

I'm not looking for a "perfection" just an order to things. Maybe I will add more guidelines. I don't know why you have a problem (you seem sarcastic) with me exercising my property rights in order to better this private forum.

fedup100
03-07-2009, 03:28 PM
:D I learned a new word today!

:o:D:rolleyes:

raiha
03-07-2009, 03:35 PM
My WOW moment was when Josh told me TW had a prob with the forum and members!:) Guess my skimming, un-thorough behaviour misses these salient points!
If i cared what people thought of me here i would have been gone in November (a year ago) Here we all are for better or for worse and we can't change each others peculiarities or irritating habits, neither should we try. Probably works better to sort out any interpersonal issues via PM so the rest of us don't have to endure them.

torchbearer
03-07-2009, 03:38 PM
My WOW moment was when Josh told me TW had a prob with the forum and members!:) Guess my skimming, un-thorough behaviour misses these salient points!
If i cared what people thought of me here i would have been gone in November (a year ago) Here we all are for better or for worse and we can't change each others peculiarities or irritating habits, neither should we try. Probably works better to sort out any interpersonal issues via PM so the rest of us don't have to endure them.

Sorry you missed it, but the 'problem' has been here for awhile.
An activist website that is trolled by someone who mocks activism.

Kludge
03-07-2009, 03:39 PM
we can't change each others peculiarities or irritating habits, neither should we try.

Idunno, I'm always looking to see how others react to what I say and do and modify my behavior if I respect the person.

raiha
03-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes Kludge but that is modifying our OWN responses NOT trying to interfere how someone else presents themselves. That is none of our business. If people want to hoist themselves by their own petards, let them.

Kludge
03-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Yes Kludge but that is modifying our OWN responses NOT trying to interfere how someone else presents themselves. That is none of our business. If people want to hoist themselves by their own petards, let them.

I am able to modify because others interfere and either call me on shit or point out some tendency they've noticed about me. Communication leads to "growth".

Truth Warrior
03-07-2009, 04:01 PM
I haven't directed any moderators to single you out. It seems that you just happen to get under the skin of more than one person with moderator privileges.

You don't get special treatment because of some top down authority. You feeling pleased, honored, or flattered was never my intention. No excuses necessary.

Unlike Ron Paul, you haven't been singled out for a message of freedom, prosperity, or peace. I'll let you think it over why that is.

I'm not looking for a "perfection" just an order to things. Maybe I will add more guidelines. I don't know why you have a problem (you seem sarcastic) with me exercising my property rights in order to better this private forum. The ultimate personal responsibility for what is allowed to go on here rises to the top.<IMHO> The buck stops there. ;)

One might reasonably assume that holding some members accountable/punished for violating your forum "Guidelines" would also apply equally ( if not even more so ) to members "person with moderator privileges" violating your forum "Guidelines". This is not the case. Nor are all members held accountable to and by the same standards in many many other instances. Of course, I can only assume that you are already aware of all of this, that is constantly going on. I can also add that you don't seem to always abide by nor be particularly bound by your own forum "Guidelines". These types of situations are NOT addressed nor resolved by adding MORE "Guidelines".<IMHO> Attempting to hold others accountable to behavior standards higher than your own is usually not a real good nor workable idea. ;)

raiha
03-07-2009, 04:47 PM
I am able to modify because others interfere and either call me on shit or point out some tendency they've noticed about me. Communication leads to "growth".
I'm not saying you ignore a situation. I'm not non-confrontative. All I am saying is we cannot do a thing about someone else if they choose to be the way they are. That's their right. What we CAN do is watch our own responses to them and take responsibility for that! Alot of problems arise in personal relationships and in the world when we expect another person to have a personality transplant because the one they have is disagreeable to US.
I agree with what you are saying also. Challenging someone is important and DOES indeed lead to growth. But if we are over-invested in another human being changing because we don't like their style, we will become irritated and discontented.

satchelmcqueen
03-07-2009, 08:43 PM
since finding ron paul a few yaers ago, i am now not suprised by what i learn now. i just listen and soak it all up. at first i was shocked, but now i just listen.