PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Floridians, you have some work to do

LibertyEagle
09-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Thompson courts gun advocates in Florida

Despite his pitch for support, some of the gun advocates were not convinced that the former Tennessee senator was completely on their side.

"I was all for him until I started reading the votes," said gun dealer Ken Strevels, standing at a table lined with machine guns, including an enormous .50 caliber rifle held up by a tripod. "I'm not sure now. He's flipping on the vote. It's like he's working both sides."

A Gun Owners of America report said Thompson voted "anti-gun" 14 times on 33 votes the group tracked during his eight years in the Senate, ending in 2003.

Tim Smith, a Winter Haven dealer, said the report raises questions about whether Thompson is entirely pro-gun. But among the Republican candidates in 2008, Smith said Thompson may offer the best choice.

"We really have nobody that we would consider a 100 percent pro-gun candidate running," said Smith, who acknowledged that some of Thompson's votes came on issues that were "borderline anti-gun issues."

For the rest of the article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070915/ap_on_el_pr/thompson_gun_show

Dr. Paul has a 100% record and they clearly do not know it. Somehow, we've got to get the information out. Any ideas?

Lord Xar
09-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Yes, convince more than 1% of voters Ronnie isn\'t a delusional nut case.

hahahah.. here you are posting like an imbecile for the past few hours spouting rhetoric with no sense of validity, and Ron Paul is delusional? hahhahahhaha

Are you a communist?

disinter
09-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Also, Floridians, please attend the value voters debate on Monday and vote in their straw poll!!

transistor
09-15-2007, 06:14 PM
http://blogs.theledger.com/default.asp?item=676821

What Happened to "Never Speak Ill of Another Republican?''
Contributed by Bill Rufty - Posted: September 15, 2007 3:26:15 PM

The presidential campaign appearance of the former U.S.senator from Tennessee, Fred Thompson, at the Lakeland Gun Show today brought with it a little street dram that you often see between political parties, seldom used against another candidate in the same party.

A handful of supporters for Ron Paul, a former Libertarian Party candidate for president and former Republican congressman who now is running for the GOP nomination, waved Paul signs at Thompson and in front of cameras trying to capture the event. They also passed out leaflets claiming Thompson wasn't as pro-gun as he claims using in some examples what appeared to be procedural votes rather than the final vote on the issue.

Paul is near the bottom rung of the campaign ladder and Thompson is trying to climb into the top tier. But, perhaps unknown to the top Paul aides, some of his supporters may not be helping the cause.

They are pushy and as one lady at today's gathering said, "rude.''

Some, certainly not his rank and file believers, have a habit of e-mailing newspapers and televisions or calling and telling them how they are missing the ground swell for Paul, calling us stupid and that we are controlled by the powerful and wealthy.

Oh, that'll do it fellas. You won us over for sure.

lol, a FT fan getting sand in his vagina

LibertyEagle
09-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Well, honestly, I am hearing that kind of thing from quite a few directions. Apparently, there are some people who have been put off of Ron Paul because of how we approached them. I've heard the stories of Paul supporters being rude and pushy several times.

I doubt all of them are made up.

Just a heads up that we need to be very polite. Especially to these mainstream folks. :) We sure don't want to be driving people away from Dr. Paul.

LibertyEagle
09-16-2007, 11:12 AM
bump

Geronimo
09-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I work with a guy who knows that I support Ron Paul. The other day he told me that some guy came up to him and asked him if he'd ever heard of Ron Paul. He said that the guy was rather fanatical about it, and that he felt like he was being approached by a 'born again Christian" (his words not mine) ..kind of mind set.

Dustancostine
09-16-2007, 11:32 AM
It is also how this writer tries to down play RP accomplishments by calling him a former Republican Congressman. He is a Republican Congressman.

pennycat
09-16-2007, 11:38 AM
I wasn't there, but I know a few people in the Lakeland RP Meetup. They are all excellent supporters of RP including the organizer. Any disparaging comments should be retracted.

As evidence I submit the following video and report:

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070916/NEWS/709160493/1039

Anyone that feels this is not legitimate campaigning, can go back to sitting in front of their computer. Or maybe you've done that already;-)

LibertyEagle
09-16-2007, 11:48 AM
pennycat,

The point of this thread is not to criticize Florida supporters, in any way. I know they're great! It's just an FYI about the comment made by a gun advocate there that there aren't any 100% pro gun candidates on the ticket. He even remarked that Thompson wasn't that great, but he didn't see anyone better. In other words, they haven't heard about Ron Paul's strong stance on the 2nd amendment. I was just hoping that maybe someone would take this and run with it and maybe come up with a way to get out the information, either through the 2nd amendment fliers that are in Campaign Materials, here on this forum, or some totally other approach.

I'm sure we have this same problem in a whole lot of states. But, this article was about Florida, so I thought I would bring it to the attention of the Florida RP supporters. Nothing more than that.