PDA

View Full Version : What Happens When EVERY Nation Tries To Print Their Way Out?

JordanL
03-05-2009, 02:33 PM
We're quickly approaching that... even the Chinese appear poised to print their way into growth...

What happens if there is no market of last resort? That's never happened before, and I can't fathom how bad that could possibly be...

sam9657
03-05-2009, 02:39 PM
We're quickly approaching that... even the Chinese appear poised to print their way into growth...

What happens if there is no market of last resort? That's never happened before, and I can't fathom how bad that could possibly be...

The Chinese dont have to print, they have cash.

Thrashertm
03-05-2009, 02:39 PM
When everyone prints, the currencies all devalue and tangible assets become more expensive proportionally.

JordanL
03-05-2009, 02:41 PM
The Chinese dont have to print, they have cash.

Worth what exactly?

EDIT:

If the Chinese try to use their dollars they will send the market into shock...

Truth Warrior
03-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I'd guess TPTB "sock puppets" will be ordered to stop it.

hugolp
03-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Worth what exactly?

EDIT:

If the Chinese try to use their dollars they will send the market into shock...

They are alredy doint it. Several post in this forum about it.

Hugo

JordanL
03-05-2009, 02:53 PM
They are alredy doint it. Several post in this forum about it.

Hugo

Right, in a limited fashion... There would be NO market for T-Bills of the Chinese were doing it in any real capacity...

Feenix566
03-05-2009, 02:55 PM
when everyone prints, the currencies all devalue and tangible assets become more expensive proportionally.

qft :)

slacker921
03-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Also, in case you missed it.. Mexico and Japan have been using their dollar reserves. They don't have as much as China, and haven't dumped all reserves, but they are tapping into them.

acptulsa
03-05-2009, 03:07 PM
The Central Bankers all try to become inflationmeisters to the world. And if we're collectively as stupid as they think we are, one of them succeeds.

Original_Intent
03-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Our printing presses are bigger.

Mutually Assured (Financial) Destruction.

MrNick
03-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Mafd?

"A sound banker, alas, is not one who foresees danger and avoids it, but one who, when he is ruined, is ruined in a conventional way along with his fellows, so that no one can really blame him." - John Maynard Keynes, 1931.

JordanL
03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
MAD: Mutually Assured Destruction
GLAD: Gradual Liquidated Asset Destruction

krazy kaju
03-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Not all nations will experience inflation. Japan tried to inflate out of its 10-year depression, yet failed.

JordanL
03-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Not all nations will experience inflation. Japan tried to inflate out of its 10-year depression, yet failed.

Well it did inflate, it just didn't fix the depression... which is how quantitative easing works.

MrNick
03-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Well it did inflate, it just didn't fix the depression... which is how quantitative easing works.

Now Great Britain is doing that...:rolleyes: they're idiots.

not.your.average.joe
03-05-2009, 04:38 PM
OOOooo,oooo, I know I know. A brand new shiny, GLOBAL government and economy, all run through one centralized bank! Isn't that great! They will swoop right in and save us all from destroying ourselves. Capitalism will be blamed & freedom will be lost, put to rest for decades until the sheeple finally are pushed far enough to revolt. Who knows how long that will take...

*edit, hopefully we come to our senses (as a country) before it comes to that, but sadly I think the people who will oppose such a thing will be in the minority and have a hard fight in front of them.

tmosley
03-05-2009, 04:45 PM

Yes, but they just gave money to the banks. Our government is SPENDING it.

intelliot
03-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Are Hong Kong's and Switzerland's currencies being inflated?

These are the 2 places I always think about because Ron Paul previously mentioned them as good role models in interviews (Hong Kong long ago, 1988 I think; and Switzerland more recently when he interviewed at Google).

MrNick
03-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Are Hong Kong's and Switzerland's currencies being inflated?

These are the 2 places I always think about because Ron Paul previously mentioned them as good role models in interviews (Hong Kong long ago, 1988 I think; and Switzerland more recently when he interviewed at Google).

I think Singapore is another nation that would be a good role model.

malkusm
03-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Well, if everyone inflates, the U.S. Dollar index might keep going up, even though its purchasing power is decreasing. They don't have to keep inflation in check, they just have to keep it lower than it is in other countries, to claim a "strong currency."