PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know Who CFL uses to make phone calls on their behalf?

Lord Xar
03-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know if CFL uses a third party vendor to make the phone calls for them?

I received a phone call from CFL and the person did put me thru to a recorded phone message but before I speak further, I'd like to know "who" was calling me in relation was it an actual supporter OR outsourced?

Let me know if you can.

MRoCkEd
03-05-2009, 02:06 PM
They hired a call center

Lord Xar
03-05-2009, 02:14 PM
ok. that is not good. The person that called me barely spoke proper english. Sounded like he literally had a 6th grade education. arghhhhh.

Debbie Hopper
03-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Dean, if you let me know what your last name is and what state you're from, I can contact the director of the call center to let him know about your experience with the operator, and he would be able to identify exactly who the operator was that called you and track if there have been any other complaints about that operator.

Lord Xar
03-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Dean, if you let me know what your last name is and what state you're from, I can contact the director of the call center to let him know about your experience with the operator, and he would be able to identify exactly who the operator was that called you and track if there have been any other complaints about that operator.

well, the guy was nice, he just sounded well .. like English is his second language but not in that good way. Like he literally was uneducated. I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Though I think you could see if those calls are generating any donations or if you are getting alot of hangups etc... I was slightly putoff and I am a HUGE RON PAUL guy. lol.

hillertexas
03-05-2009, 03:03 PM
My experience was fine...got the call last night (Houston, TX). The caller sounded like a young American woman.

kahless
03-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Was the number (202) 730-9944?

Two days in a row I got a call and kept saying hello, I could hear the call center in the background and then they hang up. I searched the number on the web and found other people saying they were getting hang-ups from Campaign for Liberty at that number.

I called a friends who also got a hang up on his answering machine from that same number.

Incompetence or sabotage? Has someone reported the call center problems to CFL?

hillertexas
03-05-2009, 03:19 PM

Two days in a row I got a call and kept saying hello, I could hear the call center in the background and then they hang up. I searched the number on the web and found other people saying they were getting hang-ups from Campaign for Liberty at that number.

I called a friends who also got a hang up on his answering machine from that same number.

Yes, that was the #.

UtahApocalypse
03-05-2009, 03:21 PM
http://www.callferret.com/202-730-9944.html

Good information for CFL

slacker921
03-05-2009, 03:25 PM
I got a call today.. they put me through to the recorded message (lasted several minutes). The whole thing was fine, but the recorded message was long and didn't really tell me much.

Can someone tell me what they said they'd do with my money? Other than pay their own salaries and keep the lights on..

They should have learned from grassroots. If someone here set up a chip-in and said they were going to "spread the message" and didn't give any details they wouldn't get much. But we've seen time and again that donations pour in when there's a concrete goal (tv ads for a certain city, a blimp, billboards for a certain city, signs for a region, re-election to Congress, etc).

angelatc
03-05-2009, 03:31 PM
I got my call last night. Part of Tate's recording was repeated. I can't remember the exact verbiage, but if I saw a transcript I could pick it out. Somewhere around the bailouts and it being hard to know who to trust any more.

Mandrik
03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
I got the call on Tuesday. I could tell right away it was someone reading a script, but that's ok. I just listened to the message and asked them to mail me the stuff.

Mani
03-05-2009, 04:00 PM
They called me last night...The call was a bit long and I was in the middle of an appt.

I tried to ask "how long is the message?" but they transferred me before they heard me. I listened to 5-6 minutes but then I had to go and I didn't get to hear the rest of it.

It talked about needing support and what's wrong with Washington, but I didn't hear specifics, it was general.

Was there a concrete goal or something?

Crowish
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM

Same here.

micahnelson
03-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Ron Paul is a really great, and honest man. He is, however, unable to discern between good work and bad work. Everything i have ever gotten from his office or his campaign has been pretty pretty pretty bad.

I got the call, same story. Mumbles Mcgee asked me if i wanted to listen to something- I said sure. And halfway through I got bored.

Can anyone tell me why the CFL is acting like a PAC from the 1980s? They should be tearing up facebook- making facebook apps that have broadbased anti-authority, anti-government appeal. Young people between the ages of 16-28 REALLY REALLY go for that sort of thing if done right.

But, Robocalls.

Its so annoying. Ron Paul's job is to be a statesman and a thinker. He does that very well. C4L's job is to communicate that message and they fail hard.

Minarchy4Sale
03-05-2009, 04:11 PM
my caller was a gap tooth ghettoid with a 4th grade edumacation who was struggling to read the script. She was not impolite, but I wasn't exactly filled with confidence. I didn't have time to listen to the message, and they keep calling. I won't answer again.

this particular 'campaign' is not a good idea, IMO. CFL needs to DO something with the part of my money that they ALREADY have before asking me for more. Doing nothing but spending my money on illiterates to call me 10 times to ask me for more money is a bad strategy.

kahless
03-05-2009, 04:53 PM
my caller was a gap tooth ghettoid with a 4th grade edumacation who was struggling to read the script. She was not impolite, but I wasn't exactly filled with confidence. I didn't have time to listen to the message, and they keep calling. I won't answer again.

this particular 'campaign' is not a good idea, IMO. CFL needs to DO something with the part of my money that they ALREADY have before asking me for more. Doing nothing but spending my money on illiterates to call me 10 times to ask me for more money is a bad strategy.

These same illiterates probably voted for Obama therefore possibly another reason they just call and hang up. Whom ever is supervising them probably thinks they are doing a good job based on the call log shows calls are being made.

If not that some technical, incompetence or just plain lazy problem they are having.

Lord Xar
03-05-2009, 05:06 PM
These same illiterates probably voted for Obama therefore possibly another reason they just call and hang up. Whom ever is supervising them probably thinks they are doing a good job based on the call log shows calls are being made.

If not that some technical, incompetence or just plain lazy problem they are having.

Mine seemed the same. I wasn't pleased. Now, granted others have heard from well spoken inviduals, but mine seemed to be speaking from a script and it like he was having a hard time reading it or he was a product of the Los Angeles school system. Ghetto'ish or Barroish... wasn't sure.

I am with the other poster... why aren't these things "checked" out.. first. Also, if they are hanging up, that is friggin annoying. they can say they called (a receiver is picked up), but just hang up - call is logged. I am sure they don't have a timer going.

MRoCkEd
03-05-2009, 05:40 PM
If they're going to robocall, they should at least keep the message to 1-2 minutes and straight to the point

nayjevin
03-05-2009, 06:25 PM
mine was nice until I asked, 'are you at the Campaign for Liberty offices or are you a 3rd party?'

'3rd party'

'okay, I would like the survey, but any donation I make will be directly through the CFL site. Do you have a way to give them feedback'

'no'

then she tried to verify my address - it is 2 years old and I've never entered it into CFL's website.

so I contacted CFL just in case it wasn't them calling - and this is the response I received:

Hello, we received your message regarding the robo-call you received. Campaign for Liberty has contracted with a company to manage robo-calls to the thousands of Campaign for Liberty members, so you did receive a legitimate call.
Thank you for your question!

nayjevin
03-05-2009, 06:27 PM
I don't like the idea of spending money on robocalls - but it may be very, very cheap for the return -- and the people who receive the calls may be largely like many of us -- in that even if it's really bad they won't hate Ron Paul or forget about liberty or anything.

Lord Xar
03-05-2009, 06:36 PM
I don't like the idea of spending money on robocalls - but it may be very, very cheap for the return -- and the people who receive the calls may be largely like many of us -- in that even if it's really bad they won't hate Ron Paul or forget about liberty or anything.

I agree. But my concerns are:

1. Getting uneducated phone dialers
2. Message was wayyyy too long

AdamT
03-05-2009, 06:44 PM
We just got a call from a 202 and they hung up instantly. I'm sure CFL got charged for it though.

Whoever they hired is likely scamming them with hang ups (and from the posts of others, is doing a piss poor job on the answered calls too).

When Lord Xar and crew ran their own call center out of LA, they totally nailed it and turned many people on to RP. Maybe the CFL should hire them?

MRoCkEd
03-05-2009, 06:47 PM
We just got a call from a 202 and they hung up instantly. I'm sure CFL got charged for it though.

Whoever they hired is likely scamming them with hang ups (and from the posts of others, is doing a piss poor job on the answered calls too).
let c4l know

Lord Xar
03-05-2009, 06:58 PM

When Lord Xar and crew ran their own call center out of LA, they totally nailed it and turned many people on to RP. Maybe the CFL should hire them?

Yeah, that was Steve Vincent's brainchild. There are alot of Ron Paul'ers still looking to get involved for Ron Paul, at least in Los Angeles I am sure --- I am fairly certain setting up something that we can patch into Ron Pauler's nationwide we could really create something nice.

Ron Paul is a force to be reckoned with and 'those hangups' are probably from leftist who don't want Obama's agenda tampered with. The message is fairly anti-Obama, so I can see some of the callers whispering amongst themselves to "hang up" so the donations don't come in. As I am sure once a hangup is recorded, the number is bypassed - which subsequently reduces donations.

UtahApocalypse
03-05-2009, 07:10 PM
This issue needs to be directly addressed by the C4L right now!! If it is costing money, and turning off our own fellow membership that is a absolutely unacceptable sign.

Roxi
03-05-2009, 07:16 PM
i too received the call. the first person was a man, barely understood him, sounded very ghetto... then the very long message that i did enjoy however... then the girl who came on was very very polite and well versed. I told her i wouldn't be giving her my credit card over the phone for a donation but to send me the stuff and i would make my donation through campaign for liberty.

that being said i want to say this.... i worked in call centers for 9 years... calls are made on an automatic dialer. because of many different state laws the dialer is allowed to let it ring a specific amount of times, after that number of rings it will automatically hang up the call. if the call is answered, the dialer has no way of knowing whether that answer was made by a live person or an answering machine. At that point the call is rerouted to the next available telemarketer. at that point between the rerouting and the time the rep comes on, because of a delay (usually around 3-4 seconds) a lot of people hang up because they either only hear silence or clicking. I don't know how many times i would get the beep that a live call was on the line only to hear someone hanging up and mumbling "fucking robo calls". the first person you talk to is only a telemarketer. most of the time they are very inexperienced or in the case of non commission calls, just don't give a shit. the second person you talk to is someone who has been at the company long enough to show they can close a call, and get a credit card out of the person, this person is called a TO or "takeover". some companies also use a "third party verification" person which is almost never actually "third party" it is a supervisor or manager who has been at the company a long time and wants to verify that the customer understands they are charging a credit card at that moment.

so anyway.... the hang ups were most likely not someone hanging up on you on purpose... not that they don't do that, because they do... if your sitting at a cubicle for 7 hours with a manager walking around making sure you are making calls and not just sitting there playing tetris on your cellphone, you learn how to make it look like you are working by putting your headset on mute, and just hanging up on each person that answers and marking it as an answering machine.

also in today's economy, telemarketing companies are really hurting for clients... so this type of call was probably very very cheap for CFL to do.... however i would have made calls for free, i wish they would have asked for some input from us, as I am sure there are a lot of other people like me willing to make those calls... but since there is so much infighting and devision between us and them, this probably was the easiest way to go without a big headache, and 20,000 emails about WHY they decided to do these types of calls.

StudentForPaul08
03-05-2009, 08:16 PM
wow, i had the same phone call except I had what seemed to be an middle-aged indian lady. I was very confused, and thought it was some sort of fraud or something.

Lord Xar
03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
i too received the call. the first person was a man, barely understood him, sounded very ghetto... then the very long message that i did enjoy however... then the girl who came on was very very polite and well versed. I told her i wouldn't be giving her my credit card over the phone for a donation but to send me the stuff and i would make my donation through campaign for liberty.

that being said i want to say this.... i worked in call centers for 9 years... calls are made on an automatic dialer. because of many different state laws the dialer is allowed to let it ring a specific amount of times, after that number of rings it will automatically hang up the call. if the call is answered, the dialer has no way of knowing whether that answer was made by a live person or an answering machine. At that point the call is rerouted to the next available telemarketer. at that point between the rerouting and the time the rep comes on, because of a delay (usually around 3-4 seconds) a lot of people hang up because they either only hear silence or clicking. I don't know how many times i would get the beep that a live call was on the line only to hear someone hanging up and mumbling "fucking robo calls". the first person you talk to is only a telemarketer. most of the time they are very inexperienced or in the case of non commission calls, just don't give a shit. the second person you talk to is someone who has been at the company long enough to show they can close a call, and get a credit card out of the person, this person is called a TO or "takeover". some companies also use a "third party verification" person which is almost never actually "third party" it is a supervisor or manager who has been at the company a long time and wants to verify that the customer understands they are charging a credit card at that moment.

so anyway.... the hang ups were most likely not someone hanging up on you on purpose... not that they don't do that, because they do... if your sitting at a cubicle for 7 hours with a manager walking around making sure you are making calls and not just sitting there playing tetris on your cellphone, you learn how to make it look like you are working by putting your headset on mute, and just hanging up on each person that answers and marking it as an answering machine.

also in today's economy, telemarketing companies are really hurting for clients... so this type of call was probably very very cheap for CFL to do.... however i would have made calls for free, i wish they would have asked for some input from us, as I am sure there are a lot of other people like me willing to make those calls... but since there is so much infighting and devision between us and them, this probably was the easiest way to go without a big headache, and 20,000 emails about WHY they decided to do these types of calls.

Well, if you have a rationale for why there are hangups then that totally blows a hole in my theory on "the leftist conspiracy" -- THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its times like these that I really question my paranoia.. hahahha

AdamT
03-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Seems like all the CFL had to do was put out the word for volunteers and people would've lined up to do calls for them. And actual supporters would've been passionate in talking to people about RP.

LibertyEagle
03-05-2009, 09:47 PM
This issue needs to be directly addressed by the C4L right now!! If it is costing money, and turning off our own fellow membership that is a absolutely unacceptable sign.

Oh stop it. Did you see the post by Debbie Hopper above your own? As soon as they heard about the problem, they started tracking it down. They don't want this to be happening anymore than we do.

Geez.

angelatc
03-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Oh stop it. Did you see the post by Debbie Hopper above your own? As soon as they heard about the problem, they started tracking it down. They don't want this to be happening anymore than we do.

Geez.

I hope she saw the message I posted - the recording I heard had Tate repeating 2 lines of the spiel.

tangent4ronpaul
03-05-2009, 11:37 PM
I think others covered my first two points, but to emphasize:

Why are they not using RP/CFL volunteers for this? Even if they don't want to use volunteers - there are plenty of supporters that are out of work or stay at home moms or whatever (you can work from anywhere with the right setup) that I would much rather see being paid to do this than some Obama supporter. Lets take care of our own - FIRST! An employed supporter is more involved, making connections, gluing people together by building moral. They are motivated to do their job right because they believe in it. By giving our people jobs, we are also enabling them to donate and making it easier for them to be involved in other campaign related activities.

It also seems like the CFL spends most of it's funds trying to raise more funds... contracting out to some random 3rd party to do calls when we have that capability within the movement does not make me happy. :(

Whenever I get e-mails / calls / mail from NRA-ILA, GOA, Downsize DC and similar organizations they are VERY SPECIFIC about what they have done in the past and how they will use any funds raised. They also educate me about current legislation and ask for action on my part about that legislation. Generally contacting elected representatives (and providing the information or tools to do that as well as talking points) as well as asking me to spread the word about what's going on.

When they ask for donations, it is always at the end so they can continue to do what they just did by contacting me and asking for may participation to put pressure on Congress. It's an afterthought and not a hard sell. It most certainly is NOT the primary reason for contacting me.

These organizations are very effective and because of that have no problem getting support or donations. So far, I have not seen C4L do anything right. It's more like a nightmare / slow motion train wreck called PCC Redux.

-t

Jace
03-06-2009, 01:19 AM

LibertyEagle
03-06-2009, 01:29 AM
These organizations are very effective and because of that have no problem getting support or donations. So far, I have not seen C4L do anything right. It's more like a nightmare / slow motion train wreck called PCC Redux.

-t

Oh yeah, really? Like the Rally for the Republic just stunk, did it? How about CPAC just the other day and the forum held afterwards with Judge Napolitano, Thomas Woods, Bruce Fein, et al., that a number of CPAC members attended? Did that stink too? :rolleyes: Sure, there are plenty of improvements that can be made, but blanket statements like yours are just a bit too much, IMO.

Thrashertm
03-06-2009, 01:45 AM

I had a similar experience. The person that called me could speak English, but was not exactly articulate.

Thrashertm
03-06-2009, 01:53 AM

lol so right!

Thrashertm
03-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Ron Paul is a really great, and honest man. He is, however, unable to discern between good work and bad work. Everything i have ever gotten from his office or his campaign has been pretty pretty pretty bad.

I got the call, same story. Mumbles Mcgee asked me if i wanted to listen to something- I said sure. And halfway through I got bored.

Can anyone tell me why the CFL is acting like a PAC from the 1980s? They should be tearing up facebook- making facebook apps that have broadbased anti-authority, anti-government appeal. Young people between the ages of 16-28 REALLY REALLY go for that sort of thing if done right.

But, Robocalls.

Its so annoying. Ron Paul's job is to be a statesman and a thinker. He does that very well. C4L's job is to communicate that message and they fail hard.

I'm sorry to say it, but I'm not going to donate to the CFL or Ron Paul until I see some examples of campaign competency. The grass roots with its money bombs etc. has been much more forward-thinking than the campaign. The campaign should hire some of those people, but also needs to bring in some of Obama's people if they can be lured.

hotbrownsauce
03-06-2009, 02:27 AM
Lets not forget that peoples privacy is a concern. I think hiring a company is a nice way to protect privacy rather than give information away to random janes and joes.

I missed the call I got because I was working. However IF I received a call from "CFL" and it wasn't a supporter I'd be very precarious too. (That can be a good thing!)

Thrashertm there are dozens of other opportunities out there for you. We all want to see great results just like you. I think your statement is evidence of how strong we are. You need results and you need them now, you want an impact on the system and you want it now. This attitude drives the movement. Real Change, Real Education, and Real Freedom!

Let me sum it up for you. With out our relentless desire to always push the envelope we would not be where we are today, nor could we continue. Trust me when I say we are there with you. There is a great many of us young people waiting for our chance. I for instance am going to college so money is tight and time is tighter. I live near St. Louis and am trying my hardest to get things together so I can go to the first CFL conference.

There are so many bright liberty minded fellows here.....our ingenuity, spontaneity, and fervor is not over.

CFL is having an impact. Give it time and the fruit of its work will be revealed. In the mean time do what you think is best. =)

tangent4ronpaul
03-06-2009, 04:05 AM
Oh yeah, really? Like the Rally for the Republic just stunk, did it? How about CPAC just the other day and the forum held afterwards with Judge Napolitano, Thomas Woods, Bruce Fein, et al., that a number of CPAC members attended? Did that stink too? :rolleyes: Sure, there are plenty of improvements that can be made, but blanket statements like yours are just a bit too much, IMO.

The R4R was a nice dog an pony show, but it didn't really accomplish anything beyond getting some time on C-SPAN for our cause and other publicity. On thing it did do was shake up existing state organizations across the country by excluding anyone that couldn't show up from leadership positions in C4L. The political school I heard was good, but it was contracted out - not done by C4L. The timing of the announcement also stepped on the march and resulted in lower attendance for that event.

C4L didn't do CPAC. First I've heard about the forum afterward - was that a C4L event or part of CPAC? What good came out of it other than trying to get a few more members and donors for C4L? That I didn't hear about it beforehand is another problem. I'm on the mailing list.

What about the survey they put out that didn't work (broken script), and was once again primarily for fund raising? Haven't these people ever heard about testing things before announcing them?

What about the radio and TV ads that totally sucked? Then failing to tell people that donated where they were broadcast. And again, at least half of supporters didn't even know they were doing that.

And people are bitching about the quality of weekly videos... Again, it might help if they mentioned they were doing weekly video's as many, like me, signed up initially and didn't bother to when they told everyone they had to sign up again.

Noticed how few have stepped up to be precinct leaders - I mean pay us dues, sign a secrecy agreement with asinine terms, all for the privileged of letting us lead you - puuulllleeeze! - is it any wonder people are not flocking to sign up?

Can they do anything right?

When they start demonstrating some competence, and start doing things that will make a difference I'd be happy to get behind them.

-t

LibertyEagle
03-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Tangent,

The Ron Paul campaign is OVER. Do you think we can move on now? Or, at what point do you think that would be possible? Do you think that will be before or after we are thrown in gulags?

If you want to be offered something on a silver platter, you're going to be waiting a long time. Don't you understand that we're not doing THEM a favor by signing up as a precinct leader, or getting involved at the local level. We are doing OURSELVES a favor. If you haven't heard, the bad guys are getting close to our front doors. Instead of taking aim at the people on OUR SIDE, maybe we might want to remember who our enemies are.

No one is making you get involved with the C4L. The action is at the state and local levels. If your state organization doesn't want to ask for help from C4L, then don't.

And people are bitching about the quality of weekly videos... Again, it might help if they mentioned they were doing weekly video's as many, like me, signed up initially and didn't bother to when they told everyone they had to sign up again.
Yes, that would be nice. A lot of things would be nice. But, isn't this really your own responsibility? You're the one who chose not to re-sign.

Noticed how few have stepped up to be precinct leaders - I mean pay us dues, sign a secrecy agreement with asinine terms, all for the privileged of letting us lead you - puuulllleeeze! - is it any wonder people are not flocking to sign up?

Oh c'mon, you know why they're doing that. They want to try to weed out some of the trolls and our enemies. I know you know this isn't a game we're playing. There are plenty of people who would like to derail our efforts.

C4L didn't do CPAC. First I've heard about the forum afterward - was that a C4L event or part of CPAC? What good came out of it other than trying to get a few more members and donors for C4L? That I didn't hear about it beforehand is another problem. I'm on the mailing list.
C4L had a table at CPAC. A bunch of volunteers were there to talk to CPAC attendees. And yes, they had a Liberty Forum afterwards with Judge Napolitano. Thomas Woods, Bruce Fein and Ron Paul. It was filled to the brim. What did it do? Well, for one, it reminded a lot of CPAC attendees of what used to be called, conservatism. As opposed to the neocon BS they heard during some of the CPAC presentations.

Why didn't you hear about it? I have no idea. I heard about it about a zillion times. But, then again, I am signed up and I read over on the C4L website. Lots of good stuff. I'm confused though. You say here you were signed up, but above you said you didn't bother to re-sign. Which is it?

Just curious, but were you at the Rally for the Republic? I noticed you said you were not at the training.

tangent4ronpaul
03-06-2009, 07:51 AM
I signed up the first time and get some mailings from them. I didn't sign up the second time.

I had responsibilities here so was not at the R4R, though I watched it on C-SPAN, as I did CPAC.

Most here in in this state find C4L too controlling and not giving us enough freedom.

Is it too much to ask for some competence? - when I hear about something C4L is doing, it's usually about them messing it up again. At least there are murmurings here and there about the grassroots stepping up to the plate and doing what C4L won't. And when it comes down to it, C4L can't support candidates, so we are going to have to.

-t

Elwar
03-06-2009, 08:17 AM
my caller was a gap tooth ghettoid with a 4th grade edumacation who was struggling to read the script. She was not impolite, but I wasn't exactly filled with confidence.

I think I had the same caller...very unenthusiastic, missed a few words in the script and had to go back.

I listened to the message, she came back on and asked if I wanted the survey (I said yes). Then I knew she would ask me three times to donate so I waited as she struggled through asking.."Can you donate $100"..no.."ok, then how about $75, blah blah blah"..no.."then would you consider $40 or $50"...no

Who knows, maybe she supports Obama and doesn't want the CFL to get any money...or worse, she really is that incompetent.

No idea what her name was.

tangent4ronpaul
03-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Then I knew she would ask me three times to donate so I waited as she struggled through asking.."Can you donate $100"..no.."ok, then how about $75, blah blah blah"..no.."then would you consider $40 or $50"...no

YEACH! - that kind of tact makes me want to donate about as much as a survey asking me what my income is makes me want to continue it.

-t

UtahApocalypse
03-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I think the main poin t here is most everyone would rather REAL supporters be doing the work. C4l needs to be run like the grassroots, not like the campaign. Until that happens YES there are a lot of other grassroots actions going on independently. C4L could be the cornerstone, instead though they are doing as great of a job as the PCC.

LibertyEagle
03-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah, it would be great to have supporters making the calls. How do you suggest that they vett them to make sure a given person isn't from another camp and looking for an opportunity to harm us, or just a person who has an entirely different agenda that they'd love to push, under the C4L banner?

Also, I'm not too sure I agree with you guys who think that there are plenty of supporters to make calls like this. I remember back during the campaign and several begging for people to help make phone calls. Very few took them up on the offer and that was THEN. Imagine what it would be like now.

LibertyEagle
03-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I signed up the first time and get some mailings from them. I didn't sign up the second time.

I had responsibilities here so was not at the R4R, though I watched it on C-SPAN, as I did CPAC.

Most here in in this state find C4L too controlling and not giving us enough freedom.

Is it too much to ask for some competence? - when I hear about something C4L is doing, it's usually about them messing it up again. At least there are murmurings here and there about the grassroots stepping up to the plate and doing what C4L won't. And when it comes down to it, C4L can't support candidates, so we are going to have to.

-t
I think you've answered your own questions. You don't know about what is going on, because you haven't taken the minimal steps necessary to find out. But then, you go ahead anyway and throw arrows. :confused:

Yes, you probably only hear about the things they mess up on HERE, because most of the people active in the C4L are out there being active, and when they post are posting on the C4L website, rather than here.

That said, it's a good thing that Lord Xar raised this issue. According to Ms. Hooper, the C4L is on it and will get to the bottom of it.

tangent4ronpaul
03-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Yeah, it would be great to have supporters making the calls. How do you suggest that they vett them to make sure a given person isn't from another camp and looking for an opportunity to harm us, or just a person who has an entirely different agenda that they'd love to push, under the C4L banner?

Also, I'm not too sure I agree with you guys who think that there are plenty of supporters to make calls like this. I remember back during the campaign and several begging for people to help make phone calls. Very few took them up on the offer and that was THEN. Imagine what it would be like now.

Considering what call center employees are paid, you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar that 90-95% of them voted for Obama. Advertize in our circles and even if we got a few bad apples - it's still a HUGE improvement!

Actually paying people tends to attract a lot more ppl that stay with the task.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
03-06-2009, 02:47 PM
I think you've answered your own questions. You don't know about what is going on, because you haven't taken the minimal steps necessary to find out. But then, you go ahead anyway and throw arrows. :confused:

Yes, you probably only hear about the things they mess up on HERE, because most of the people active in the C4L are out there being active, and when they post are posting on the C4L website, rather than here.

That said, it's a good thing that Lord Xar raised this issue. According to Ms. Hooper, the C4L is on it and will get to the bottom of it.

If you think this is the only site I monitor you are a moron.

I have my ear to the ground a lot more than you think. But I have checked out the C4L site and do so periodically. That I don't check it regularly indicated the LOW quality of material coming out of there. I still organize almost 1,000 Meetup organizers - and C4L AIN'T what people are hyped about!

-t

Minarchy4Sale
03-06-2009, 02:59 PM
note to CFL.

Quit begging for money. Especially quit paying money to beg for money.

Start doing something that makes us want to GIVE you money.

That is all.

Your potential fan.

james1906
03-07-2009, 10:22 AM
I got a call too on my cell phone. The guy was polite, but like everyone else, his English skills were minimal. It was like ordering food at a Jack in the Box drive-thru. I was over at the neighbor's drinking a beer, so I just told the guy I'd donate online and the call ended.

I got a call again the next day, but I was driving so I didn't pick it up. No message was left.

Considering how dynamic the campaign was in fundraising, the majority of it being through the internet, I can't help but wonder why c4L is using the same tactics of vinyl siding salesmen in the 1980s.

LibertyEagle
03-07-2009, 11:17 AM
If you think this is the only site I monitor you are a moron.

I have my ear to the ground a lot more than you think. But I have checked out the C4L site and do so periodically. That I don't check it regularly indicated the LOW quality of material coming out of there.

-t

Apparently, your ear needs cleaning, or you would have known what they were doing at CPAC. They had it posted on their website and the information was also sent out in emails. It's your choice whether or not you want to get the daily emails. By your own words, you did not re-sign. That was your choice.

I still organize almost 1,000 Meetup organizers - and C4L AIN'T what people are hyped about!

Good for you.

C4L is only a tool. I would certainly hope that people were hyped about liberty and what they could do at their local and state levels to further it, rather than a tool, that they may or may not utilize to help them in their efforts.

torchbearer
03-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Apparently, your ear needs cleaning, or you would have known what they were doing at CPAC. They had it posted on their website and the information was also sent out in emails. It's your choice whether or not you want to get the daily emails. By your own words, you have said that you are not signed up. That was your choice.

Good for you.

C4L is only a tool. I would certainly hope that people were hyped about liberty and what they could do at their local and state levels to further it, rather than a tool, that they may or may not utilize to help them in their efforts.

I'm running into ol' friends in my local LP who seem to have disdain for the C4L simply because it wasn't them who started it and lead it.
It is petty jealous and not becoming of supposedly intelligent people.
They now see me as a "republican" and not an american patriot.
It is fucking stupid.

tangent4ronpaul
03-07-2009, 08:51 PM
There is most certaintly some resentment - OK, a lot of resentment. We expected the organization to be a big tent and instead they blew off offers of help, duplicated what other grassroots projects were doing and in so doing can't manage to get anything right.

It is a culture of us and them (from them), do it all in house and secrecy. Not what many of us expected or wanted. It is in so many ways the PCC all over again - and I'm fed up with that.

No, it's not jealousy - if I'd wanted to start such a bloated organization, I would have while we were waiting, and waiting and waiting (and watching tens of thousands of supporters drift away).

-t

AuH2O
03-08-2009, 10:28 PM
For the record, does anyone criticizing their effort have any direct market experience?

I only ask, because the fundamental rule of DM is that you must ignore negative response so long as positive response outweighs.

For example, it is a rule of political telemarketing the longer messages perform better than shorter ones. For every person that hangs up, someone stays on and donates more.

These direct marketing techniques are how the conservative movement has succeeded for decades by avoiding the filter of the liberal media and GOP party elites. CFL should not ignore these methods.

torchbearer
03-08-2009, 10:37 PM
There is most certaintly some resentment - OK, a lot of resentment. We expected the organization to be a big tent and instead they blew off offers of help, duplicated what other grassroots projects were doing and in so doing can't manage to get anything right.

It is a culture of us and them (from them), do it all in house and secrecy. Not what many of us expected or wanted. It is in so many ways the PCC all over again - and I'm fed up with that.

No, it's not jealousy - if I'd wanted to start such a bloated organization, I would have while we were waiting, and waiting and waiting (and watching tens of thousands of supporters drift away).

-t

It is jealousy in my state.
They are now doing the same thing as the C4L in the LALP, but of course, with no effect, because they don't have the resources to do it.

specsaregood
03-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Yeah, attention CFL RoboCalls aren't how you win over this crowd, especially when they come in the morning on a saturday.

Liberty Rebellion
03-11-2009, 05:52 PM
I've gotten 3 calls from 853-958-9558 in the past 3 hours!

Quit calling me! I'm already going!

walt
03-11-2009, 09:00 PM
they are voilating the law by callng numbers on the do not call list - arrest the scum

TruckinMike
03-17-2009, 10:49 AM
ok. that is not good. The person that called me barely spoke proper english. Sounded like he literally had a 6th grade education. arghhhhh.

The same person called me. I could barely understand her... oops, mine was a her. I guess there is more than one illiterate dunce making calls for the Campaign for Liberty.

TMike

PS- this is only constructive criticism. I understand that without proper and honest feedback the C4L will continue as a sub-par organization. I am helping - Do not be offended.

bluto20
03-22-2009, 03:41 AM
the woman i talked to kept asking me to fork out 200/100 dollars even after i told her that i cannot afford to donate at the time but i would like the petition to sign. she could barely pronounce my name and address... i was abit disappointed with this coming from something of Ron Paul's.

jcarcinogen
03-30-2009, 09:36 PM
the woman i talked to kept asking me to fork out 200/100 dollars even after i told her that i cannot afford to donate at the time but i would like the petition to sign. she could barely pronounce my name and address... i was abit disappointed with this coming from something of Ron Paul's.

Randians. Ask the 1988 staff.;)

KCIndy
04-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I can't believe this!!

Whose boneheaded (no offense, but I just can't believe this!!!) idea was it to spend C4L money on a bunch of "robo-calls" instead of simply calling for volunteers and farming it out in-house???

First, this sort of telephone campaigning is not only NOT effective, it is very likely to be COUNTERPRODUCTIVE in the long run. I mean, almost everyone hates telemarketers. If C4L keeps this up, we're going to get the reputation as "those idiots who keep calling and interrupting my dinner."

Robo-calls might... might arguably be useful in an election, simply because so much of an election is based on name recognition rather than thoughtful debate. But right here, right now, I think C4L is going to be shooting itself in the foot.

What's the point of having a grassroots community and political movement if the "powers that be" at the top refuse to put the rank-and-file to good use??

Campaign For Liberty has over 140,000 members. Almost 30,000 are "dues-paying" account members - myself included - meaning that we believe enough in this movement we're willing to pay out of our own pocket to support it.
Even if just one in ten of the "dues" members would volunteer to make, say, 100 phone calls over the course of a week (about 14 calls per day, something that could happen over a couple hours each evening) we could probably accomplish more than some "ho-hum" phone bank...

I wish C4L would put something like this up for a vote, or at least up for discussion, before spending more member money.

arthurg
07-25-2011, 08:05 PM
I missed a call and nothing was left on my answer machine. They just hung up. It's a waste of a call. They could have left a few words about Dr Paul.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2011, 08:07 PM
I missed a call and nothing was left on my answer machine. They just hung up. It's a waste of a call. They could have left a few words about Dr Paul.

Uh, this is a 2 year old thread. Why bump it?

trey4sports
07-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Uh, this is a 2 year old thread. Why bump it?

C4L has called me 3 times in the last two days asking for money, and i'm guessing the above poster is referring to a bad experience lately.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2011, 08:19 PM

They cannot do that. They cannot endorse a candidate.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2011, 08:20 PM
C4L has called me 3 times in the last two days asking for money, and i'm guessing the above poster is referring to a bad experience lately.

Ugh. :( Oh well, just blow it off and go on. I doubt there are very many people there right now holding down the fort.