PDA

View Full Version : Att:CFL ..... Get a frikken decent video camera

Joe3113
03-05-2009, 07:30 AM
On youtube, appearances are very important.

When you make videos like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lRpJ1GLm5Q&feature=channel_page) that look like they were taken by a 15-year-old high school student with his $50 video camera ..... its not good.

Take a look at the quality over at http://www.larouchepac.com

Yes they are lunatic fawning acolytes of Alexander Hamilton, Lincoln and FDR .... BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE THE F^&*ING BRAINS TO MAKE HIGH QUALITY VIDEOS.

Another point. The CFL site looks like a piece of SH&%. Whoever designed it is an f-head.

Please grow a brain and make the necessary changes.

nayjevin
03-05-2009, 07:41 AM
I couldn't agree more -- the talent evaluation of CFL is weak, very weak.

The best way to do something about it is probably to contact them directly, with a somewhat nicer tone :)

Matt Collins
03-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Yeah I was disappointed with the quality of the video of the Judge from CPAC that was posted on YouTube.

TruthisTreason
03-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Why "we" expect CFL to do something amazing, we should look inside, to the "I".

In what's left of humanity I've found how to dare to think, seek, and love. I've rediscovered the lost and holy word-I.

"I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failure to live up to these possibilities."
Ayn Rand

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 08:32 AM
i have a hd/HD Video camera in Colorado:)

mczerone
03-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Why "we" expect CFL to do something amazing, we should look inside, to the "I".

In what's left of humanity I've found how to dare to think, seek, and love. I've rediscovered the lost and holy word-I.

"I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failure to live up to these possibilities."
Ayn Rand

I think the discontent comes from people wanting to be involved, but not wanting to support half-assed attempts that won't be able to go the distance.

Yes, you should always take the "I" approach - but when you are taking action to support a common goal, it is desirable to work with an organization. And when the leading organization isn't doing what you think is quality work it can be quite frustrating.

My advice: join the CFL and raise the standards or start a competing organization that meets your standards. That's how life works: take whats presented to you, or make your own system, but bitching doesn't get you anywhere, whether the problems are personal or systemic.

Jeremy
03-05-2009, 08:57 AM
i have a hd/HD Video camera in Colorado:)

the camera they use is HD because you can watch it in HD

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 09:01 AM
the camera they use is HD because you can watch it in HD

well mine doesn't say hd for the hell of it. it is a higher end hd camera for video production!! hollywood quality, trust me it wasn't cheap!!

Jeremy
03-05-2009, 09:07 AM
well they probably just need auto adjusting light

LibertyEagle
03-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Are you talking about the video that LadyJade made?

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 09:13 AM
well they probably just need auto adjusting light

lighting is usually the cause of bad video.. i liked the video:0 but i hear you on quality. I am not as judging on that but i can see where folks do!!

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Are you talking about the video that LadyJade made?

yeah the video geeks and production folks are having a tantrum hehe:)

i like the video for sure:) and rachel rocks:)

Matt Collins
03-05-2009, 09:33 AM
lighting is usually the cause of bad video.. i liked the video:0 but i hear you on quality. I am not as judging on that but i can see where folks do!!

Yeah the lighting at the CPAC speeches, at least the one I saw with the Judge, was horrible. In fact it looked like there was almost no light pointed at them at all.

LibertyEagle
03-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Well, why don't some of you professional videographers step up and offer to start doing some of these for them?

AdamT
03-05-2009, 09:53 AM
The problem with that is the lighting.

ladyjade3
03-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I wasn't happy with the lighting either. Adjusting the bright/contrast helped a little, but didn't fix it. Maybe it would have been better not to post it at all?

I have the camera I have (and it is HD) because it is compact enough for me to carry around and do my thing. They used it as a backup at the forum when Plan A didn't work out.

ladyjade3
03-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Here's part 2 of the abominable thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tge5Qx0jby0
Please don't watch if you need prettier lighting to enjoy. The point of this is what he's saying.

I really really really love making videos for you guys, editing stuff together, finding the right music... I'm always looking to improve, though. Be nice.

TruthisTreason
03-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Here's part 2 of the abominable thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tge5Qx0jby0
Please don't watch if you need prettier lighting to enjoy. The point of this is what he's saying.

I really really really love making videos for you guys, editing stuff together, finding the right music... I'm always looking to improve, though. Be nice.

Thanks for the videos!

LibertyEagle
03-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Love your videos, LadyJade. :)

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-05-2009, 06:28 PM
The CFL has a lot of room for improvement when it comes to stimulating the grass roots.

LibertyEagle
03-06-2009, 12:19 PM
The CFL has a lot of room for improvement when it comes to stimulating the grass roots.

Stimulate the grassroots? :confused: Turn on the news! Is that enough stimulation for you? If that's not, I don't know what it's going to take.

Matt Collins
03-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Stimulate the grassroots? :confused: Turn on the news! Is that enough stimulation for you? If that's not, I don't know what it's going to take.Very good point. Maybe he should've used the word "organize" instead of "stimulate".

But I've been TV free for about a year and love it.

dr. hfn
03-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I think the site is a very useful tool

Bman
03-11-2009, 03:44 PM

Are you shooting that in 24p? It would probably work better to shoot at the normal 30 frames if you are.

Bman
03-11-2009, 03:47 PM

Also here's an intro song for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEwHeGsaAgg

I can send you a wave file if you like it.