PDA

View Full Version : Rally for the Republic Lingering Questions

raystone
03-04-2009, 10:32 PM
First, a couple of the fond memories...

Seeing Ron Paul walk out amid the confetti blasts, his reaction of surprise and humility.

Hearing the loudest "End the Fed" chant ever made in the history of the world.

-

The Q's.
- Why were made to wait over 90 minutes (close to 2 hours?) to enter the arena from the time doors should have been open ? Looking for conspiracies here :)

- How did the arena go from being about half filled most of the day to packed right before Ron Paul was introduced ? In other words, where did everyone else come from ?

- Why did Tucker Carlson disappear never to return ?

muzzled dogg
03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
1) dunno, i hitch-hiked in and was late

2) dunno, ppl chillin in the halls i guess

3) who cares

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 11:02 PM
I heard Tucker left when he heard Ventura talking about 9/11.

Athan
03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
I think the last one had to do with 9/11 truthers. Some people really get turned off with their claims.

I'm not saying they are wrong. They just need to know who to unload on. Tucker wasn't one of them since HE was attending the rally. Jeesh.

TheTyke
03-04-2009, 11:04 PM
- I still wonder why we had to wait so long. Was pretty cool seeing the lobby and street side filled up though! :)

- It seemed like a lot of people came mainly to hear Ron Paul speak. A pity, because the rest of the rally was awesome too.

- Edit: Others already covered this.

And my question is... when the heck is the official DVD going to release? At the rate it's been delayed, it will probably cost $5,000 of worthless paper by the time it finally comes out.....

Austin
03-04-2009, 11:06 PM
First, a couple of the fond memories...

Seeing Ron Paul walk out amid the confetti blasts, his reaction of surprise and humility.

Hearing the loudest "End the Fed" chant ever made in the history of the world.

-

The Q's.
- Why were made to wait over 90 minutes (close to 2 hours?) to enter the arena from the time doors should have been open ? Looking for conspiracies here :)

- How did the arena go from being about half filled most of the day to packed right before Ron Paul was introduced ? In other words, where did everyone else come from ?

- Why did Tucker Carlson disappear never to return ?

1. I'm not sure on this, at all, so take it with several grains of salt. It may have been the placement of advertisements on the seats, which took forever. I was a volunteer and we had a few dozen people placing newspapers, DVD's, pamphlets, etc. so maybe that caused a delay? Honestly, I don't recall.

2. To fill the empty seats, they started handing out free tickets at the college campuses and on the streets. They probably told them when Ron was going to speak, so a lot showed up around that time. Also, the fact that many people were doing their exhibits and viewing exhibits during other speakers is certainly a contributing factor.

3. Ventura and 9/11, definitely.

LibertyEagle
03-04-2009, 11:07 PM
My understanding is that Tucker agreed to emcee under the condition that Truther stuff would not be discussed. It's also my understanding that all the speakers agreed to that, including Ventura. Someone did not keep his word.

Matt Collins
03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
- Why were made to wait over 90 minutes (close to 2 hours?) to enter the arena from the time doors should have been open ? Looking for conspiracies here :)I'm a professional audio engineer. I put on arena and stadium events for a living.

Delays can be anything from Aimee was running behind on her soundcheck, to the venue people hadn't set the chairs up yet, to the media was still using the room to conduct interviews, to the money hadn't xfered to the venue yet (highly unlikely), to there were not enough security and ushers in place, to the crowd railing wasn't setup, the video people were not finished setting up the IMAG system... etc...

Who knows? There are lots of many many many possibilities.

How did the arena go from being about half filled most of the day to packed right before Ron Paul was introduced? In other words, where did everyone else come from ?It was a week day. Many locals work during the day meaning they couldn't show up until later. Also if you were on the floor then it got really crowded at the end because everyone rushed the floor for Ron. And the schedule was published I think a day or two in advance so locals were able to wait until the end so that they could come see Ron.

- Why did Tucker Carlson disappear never to return ?Because he's a hypocrite.

Matt Collins
03-04-2009, 11:16 PM
And my question is... when the heck is the official DVD going to release? At the rate it's been delayed, it will probably cost $5,000 of worthless paper by the time it finally comes out.....According to what I have heard (read) is that they are waiting on the copyrights to be cleared so that all of the music is "legal". They should've considered this when they played non-royalty-free music at the event. :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
03-04-2009, 11:17 PM
My understanding is that Tucker agreed to emcee under the condition that Truther stuff would not be discussed. It's also my understanding that all the speakers agreed to that, including Ventura. Someone did not keep his word.Hmmm... I had not heard this before. But Tucker is still a hypocrite for telling everyone to "be tolerant of others' views" and then he bails because of what is someone else's view :rolleyes::(:mad:

LibertyEagle
03-04-2009, 11:18 PM
According to what I have heard (read) is that they are waiting on the copyrights to be cleared so that all of the music is "legal". They should've considered this when they played non-royalty-free music at the event. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Matt Collins
03-04-2009, 11:31 PM
:rolleyes:Hey, it doesn't take a copyright attorney to realize this. I realize I've got a greater understanding of copyright than even most non-IP attorneys, but still SOMEONE should've been "in the know" on issues like this. According to Don Rasmussen they hired a company out of Redmond, WA to produce the R4R. This is the same company that does MSFT events. SURELY there was someone there who understand copyrights... if not then they need to get some of their money back. I mean ultimately it's CFL's responsibility but whoever puts on the event should know about the legal aspects and ramifications of their actions or made the CFL aware that it might have been an issue. Or the CFL's attorneys should've advised them on it.

LibertyEagle
03-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Hey, it doesn't take a copyright attorney to realize this. I realize I've got a greater understanding of copyright than even most non-IP attorneys, but still SOMEONE should've been "in the know" on issues like this. According to Don Rasmussen they hired a company out of Redmond, WA to produce the R4R. This is the same company that does MSFT events. SURELY there was someone there who understand copyrights... if not then they need to get some of their money back. I mean ultimately it's CFL's responsibility but whoever puts on the event should know about the legal aspects and ramifications of their actions or made the CFL aware that it might have been an issue. Or the CFL's attorneys should've advised them on it.

Matt, woulda, coulda, shoulda. Isn't there something more important to do than to gripe about spilled milk? I mean, what does it further?

LibertyEagle
03-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Hmmm... I had not heard this before. But Tucker is still a hypocrite for telling everyone to "be tolerant of others' views" and then he bails because of what is someone else's view :rolleyes::(:mad:

Get real. He can't be associated with that stuff and hope to ever have an opportunity to get back on TV. That's his career, Matt, and he can't do us much good if he's not on the air.

Ninja Homer
03-04-2009, 11:44 PM
1. I assumed they were waiting for me (I was a little late). :rolleyes:

2. There were a lot of people walking around looking at the different booths most of the time. I'm sure they all went in to watch Ron Paul. I don't know if that would account for all of them, but certainly some. Also I think there were probably quite a few local people that attended after work (it was on a Tuesday). They were giving away a lot of free tickets to local people.

3. Because Tucker is an asshole. He couldn't be associated with the 2 very good questions Ventura brought up about 9/11, so he ditched the rest of the Rally without telling anybody he was leaving. :mad: Last I heard of Tucker, he was kissing Joe Scarborough's ass for the occasional cameo on Morning Joe. Karma's a bitch. :D

Feelgood
03-04-2009, 11:56 PM
What DVD are people talking about? I got the DVD from C-Span right after it was released some time ago. Are they doing a different DVD or something? Hell I have the Ron Paul speech up on my site, been there for some time now.

torchbearer
03-05-2009, 12:01 AM
What DVD are people talking about? I got the DVD from C-Span right after it was released some time ago. Are they doing a different DVD or something? Hell I have the Ron Paul speech up on my site, been there for some time now.

C4L was suppose to have a dvd.

Matt Collins
03-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Get real. He can't be associated with that stuff and hope to ever have an opportunity to get back on TV. That's his career, Matt, and he can't do us much good if he's not on the air.Well we don't know for sure if it would've precluded him or not in the future. Of course he should be mindfull of who he is associating with.... but as long as he wasn't the one supporting it or saying it I don't really think a case could be made against him. Remember I also work for one of the largest broadcast companies in the US with some of the top nationally syndicated talent. It's not like he was out there with Alex Jones or anything, he was with a former governor of a soverign state!

And besides, the biggest problem I have is the fact that he told everyone to be tolerant of other views expressed at the R4R but yet he himself was intolerant. That's hypocritical even if Venture might have gone against some previous agreement.

Matt Collins
03-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Matt, woulda, coulda, shoulda. Isn't there something more important to do than to gripe about spilled milk? I mean, what does it further?I'm not complaining about anything. I'm offering advice and opinion so that hopefully people read it and become more educated which will hopefully keep situations like this from arising again.

TheTyke
03-05-2009, 04:33 AM
Since the hangup with the DVD is about copyrights, I am presuming that it will include the music, and all the neat stuff in between speeches.

From what I heard the camera angles on the CSPAN version were not the most dramatic, and there was a lot of missing content. But I haven't seen it, since I'm waiting on the Campaign for Liberty version!

Flirple
03-05-2009, 08:13 PM
My understanding is that Tucker agreed to emcee under the condition that Truther stuff would not be discussed. It's also my understanding that all the speakers agreed to that, including Ventura. Someone did not keep his word.

Yep. And I won't lie I would have done the exact same thing Tucker did. I myself walked out on Ventura when he went there (up until then it was a great speech). I was also completely humiliated about how almost the entire crowd was eating up his truther BS.

Which is it going to be rEVOLutionaries?....do you believe in "blowback" and Ron's sound logic or do you believe truther nonsense? You can't have it both ways. And I don't know how those same people cheered for both Jesse AND Ron's talking points on those issues on the same night.

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Yep. And I won't lie I would have done the exact same thing Tucker did. I myself walked out on Ventura when he went there (up until then it was a great speech). I was also completely humiliated about how almost the entire crowd was eating up his truther BS.

Which is it going to be rEVOLutionaries?....do you believe in "blowback" and Ron's sound logic or do you believe truther nonsense? You can't have it both ways. And I don't know how those same people cheered for both Jesse AND Ron's talking points on those issues on the same night.

i would assume they were cheering for liberty and freedom really;) i was one of them i cheered for everyone who spoke.

Young Paleocon
03-05-2009, 08:48 PM
I talked to Tucker when he and Ariana Huffington came to debate on my campus last semester and he confirmed the truthers/Ventura drove him off. He just didn't want to be associated with them.

MRoCkEd
03-05-2009, 08:53 PM
I see.. but Jesse did ask some valid questions: why hasn't bin laden been charged with 9/11?

Flirple
03-06-2009, 11:22 PM
i would assume they were cheering for liberty and freedom really;) i was one of them i cheered for everyone who spoke.

So was I. But that is not what I am talking about. I am referring to the moment Jesse said "And I want to talk about something else that I know certain people don't want me talking about tonight..." (not a verbatim quote) and when he paused before continuing, the crowd went absolutely crazy. It was palpable. It wasn't just a minority segment of truthers in the crowd. It was the majority and the way that they reacted was distinct from any other applause line of the whole day up until that point. For them, it was a catharsis of what had been repressed and bubbling beneath the surface the entire campaign.

On that night, in that arena, at that moment, too many self proclaimed "wolfs" showed that they had become exactly what they hate..."sheep". Easily herded by any charismatic anti-authoritarian crackpot. As long as the ideology/cause is anti-government and is hated by the "MSM" , they're in!

It was in direct contradiction and a slap-in-the-face of all the other intellectuals Including Ron Paul that spoke that day about foreign policy.

And don't fool yourself. Those people were not going crazy for those 2 simple, innocent, and reasonable sounding questions asked by Jessse. They were going nuts for what Jesse wasn't saying but they know he believes. That is, that the towers were brought down by a controlled demolition, a plane never hit the pentagon, blah, blah, blah... He was just conveniently making use of the same technique that all intellectually dishonest nuts use..."I'm just asking questions. I don't pretend to have all the answers I'm just a concerned patriot asking questions"

torchbearer
03-06-2009, 11:44 PM
I see.. but Jesse did ask some valid questions: why hasn't bin laden been charged with 9/11?

I think Ventura had very reasonable questions and didn't go into accusations based on nothing.
I didn't see anything wrong with what he said.

Matt Collins
03-07-2009, 12:00 AM
He was just conveniently making use of the same technique that all intellectually dishonest nuts use..."I'm just asking questions. I don't pretend to have all the answers I'm just a concerned patriot asking questions"I disagree; I'm not a truther either. While his questions were certainly valid and he made good points. But I agree that it was the wrong venue for it and that if he agreed not to in advance then he shouldn't have done so.