PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Debate Opportunity on October 21

Joe Knows
09-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Got this in my email yesterday. I was selected as an abassador to Presidency IV in Orlando.

Congratulations on being selected as a County Ambassador to Presidency 4!

There was an overwhelming response to Presidency 4—we received over 3,500 applications from Republicans all across the great State of Florida. We are thrilled that you will be joining us next month as we welcome the Republican candidates for President of the United States. This will no doubt be an unforgettable weekend and a record-breaking event for Florida.

You will receive an information packet in the mail shortly including a map and hotel information, Orlando area activities, ambassador guest reservation information, and a tentative schedule of events.

The eyes of the nation will be on you, our 67 counties, and the entire State of Florida as our partners at FOX News broadcast parts of the Presidency 4 activities and the entire debate live, nationwide. Once again, Florida will be leading the nation and we are excited that you will play a key role as we approach the primary election in January and the rest of the 2008 presidential election cycle.

Look for your Presidency 4 Ambassador Packet in the mail soon!

Regards,
Jim Greer
Chairman, Republican Party of Florida

This might not be a very good crowd for the Dr. In order to be an ambassador you had to pay $100 to the RPOF. Most people did not know about the event, so it will primarily be attended by the Party Establishment. There are a couple of ways you can still attend.

http://www.rpof.org/p4_registration.php

This is a link so that you may attend as a volunteer, to help work behind the scenes. They specifically want College Republicans and Young Republicans. Sounds like they want some Ron Paul supporters.

http://www.rpof.org/p4_registration_media.php

This second link is so that you can sign up for media credentials. I do not know how strict they are, but I can see the possibility of some bloggers or other internet people getting in. After all we need to report everything that goes on that weekend for Dr. Paul.

Matt Collins
09-15-2007, 08:14 PM
What is "Presidency 4"?

Joe Knows
09-15-2007, 08:54 PM
What is "Presidency 4"?

Presidency IV is the name for the Republican Party of Florida state convention. It will be held the weekend of October 20-21. The website states:

This historic event will offer a full schedule of events featuring the major Republican Presidential candidates and many of Florida's elected Republican officials, culminating in a nationally-televised, prime-time debate broadcast on Sunday night by FOX News Channel.

Presidency IV will showcase the outstanding qualifications and leadership abilities of our major Republican candidates for President of the United States. It will also put our state and our Party in the national spotlight and will give us a chance to thank our grassroots activists who give so much to support our party and our candidates.

Presidency IV will prove, once again, that Florida's Republican leadership is just the sort of leadership that we need to foster safety, opportunity, and prosperity here in Florida and across the nation.

You can link to it here http://www.rpof.org/presidency_iv.php

There is supposed to be a big lunch with the Governor. All the Presidential candidates will be milling around all weekend to talk to grassroots supporters and raise money. Everything culminates on Sunday night with the live debate with FOX news.

Anyone can volunteer to help with the event and get in for free. All you have to do is register at http://www.rpof.org/p4_registration.php

WillInMiami
09-15-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm going to be there too. Got the same confirmation email last week.

Joe Knows
09-15-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm going to be there too. Got the same confirmation email last week.

See you there. Put out the word in your meetup group that you can volunteer and get in. We need all the Ron Paul supporters there we can get. Is anyone else going to the debate on this forum?