PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff stated today on the Judges TV show he is not serious about a Senate

Hamer
03-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Peter Schiff stated today on Judge Napolitano's webcast on Wednesday March 4 between 2:00 & 3PM ET that he is not seriously considering running for Senate.

Rand Paul was also on the show and stated he will not run against Jim Bunning.

In the case of Rand Paul if Jim Bunning drops out he will run but the comments by Peter were very clear and I quote "I am not seriously considering running for Senate"

www.retakecongress.com

www.rtrradio.com

RevolutionSD
03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I for one am glad Schiff will not run for senate. He would have no impact and as it is he is getting lots of MSM exposure, likely to continue the more he is proven correct.

The best thing we can do is not participate in the system in any way. Maybe Schiff can lead an agorism movement instead.

nobody's_hero
03-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Well, I hope the folks at PEAC can find someone to run against Dodd.

mport1
03-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Schiff has said many times that he will not run.

NYgs23
03-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Schiff does not strike me as a political type. Few libertarians are I suppose, but certainly not Schiff.

dannno
03-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Schiff does not strike me as a political type. Few libertarians are I suppose, but certainly not Schiff.

That's precisely why we need to convince him to run... though as far as looking like a political figure and having the ability to act as one, Schiff does strike me personally as a "political type".

ClayTrainor
03-04-2009, 06:27 PM
We should keep pushing schiff to run...

Hamer
03-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Isn't forcing someone to do something they don't want to do exactly what we preach is the wrong way of doing things?

ClayTrainor
03-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Isn't forcing someone to do something they don't want to do exactly what we preach is the wrong way of doing things?

no one will force him to do anything... it's called pressure.

It's ultimately his choice, and no one is impeding on that. I don't think he is offended, or turned off by the efforts... if we could convince him that he might actually win, his mind might change... who knows.

There's no force here.

Austin
03-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Poopie.

Well, I still want him to run. I agree, we should keep the pressure on.

Schiff > Kudlow

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I just hope we have either Rand Paul or Schiff in 2010. We need at least a couple competitive, high caliber candidates running for high office. We need to elect others (while we still can, at least). We cannot expect Ron Paul to carry the torch forever as the sole voice of liberty in Congress.

runningdiz
03-04-2009, 07:44 PM
I think its best that he does not run either. He would serve our cause better doing what he does not. He has a better chance of getting his own TV show then winning a seat in the senate.

Kotin
03-04-2009, 08:25 PM
The best thing we can do is not participate in the system in any way.

yeah.. that makes a ton of sense :rolleyes:

TruthisTreason
03-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Peter Schiff stated today on Judge Napolitano's webcast on Wednesday March 4 between 2:00 & 3PM ET that he is not seriously considering running for Senate.

Rand Paul was also on the show and stated he will not run against Jim Bunning.

In the case of Rand Paul if Jim Bunning drops out he will run but the comments by Peter were very clear and I quote "I am not seriously considering running for Senate"

www.retakecongress.com

www.rtrradio.com

Bunning is done!

qh4dotcom
03-04-2009, 08:45 PM

Kent Snyder talked Ron Paul into running for president in 2007 even though RP didn't want to run.

Imperial
03-04-2009, 08:56 PM
disappointing.

Feelgood
03-04-2009, 09:42 PM
And this is one of the things that bother me greatly about so many that are here. If they have no interest in running, LEAVE THEM THE HELL ALONE! This is why the whole Schiff moneybomb thing was a complete scam, and I laugh at all the idiots that donated!

Schiff does not want to run, and I dont blame him, LEAVE HIM THE HELL ALONE!

Ron Paul is not interested in running for POTUS again, and I dont blame him, LEAVE HIM THE HELL ALONE!

Let's move on folks, and just keep plugging away at the freedom message. Eventually someone of prominence will hear the message and decide to step up to the plate. Trying to pressure or coerce people into doing something they dont want to do, is simply wrong, on all counts! :rolleyes:

What happens when Obama's Police state comes to your house to "pressure" you into giving your food and belongings away to the needy? Bet you wont appreciate being "pressured" into doing it.

RSLudlum
03-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Kent Snyder talked Ron Paul into running for president in 2007 even though RP didn't want to run.

Seduction is great. I like being seduced. :D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7875134359110829988&ei=61KvSe7aMIiGqwKOjP3uDw#31m

rckt24
03-04-2009, 10:12 PM
There is nothing wrong with showing them that the support is there for them to run. When they say that they will definitely not run then you can stop trying to persuade them.

gls
03-04-2009, 10:12 PM
What happens when Obama's Police state comes to your house to "pressure" you into giving your food and belongings away to the needy? Bet you wont appreciate being "pressured" into doing it.

Apples and oranges. Schiff has had plenty of opportunities to reject the idea outright and has not. All it would take is saying "No. I do not want to run. Please halt the draft effort."

TruthisTreason
03-04-2009, 10:13 PM
There is nothing wrong with showing them that the support is there for them to run. When they say that they will definitely not run then you can stop trying to persuade them.

In my world Jim Bunning has decided not to run! I'm proceeding on for Rand Paul 2010... JOIN ME!

Feelgood
03-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Apples and oranges. Schiff has had plenty of opportunities to reject the idea outright and has not. All it would take is saying "No. I do not want to run. Please halt the draft effort."

Sadly, you are wrong. It takes alot more then that to get through to the people in these forums. Ron Paul was asked over and over to run third party or independent, and he states repeatedly he was not interested in doing so. Despite that, there were ALOT of people in these forums hell bent on pressuring RP to run third party. How many times does someone have to say they are not interested before people just let it go?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXtEPKlJhak

qh4dotcom
03-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Have you heard any politician admit that they will be running in 2012?

I haven't even heard Obama saying he'll be running for re-election.

Schiff is no different.

gls
03-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Sadly, you are wrong. It takes alot more then that to get through to the people in these forums. Ron Paul was asked over and over to run third party or independent, and he states repeatedly he was not interested in doing so. Despite that, there were ALOT of people in these forums hell bent on pressuring RP to run third party. How many times does someone have to say they are not interested before people just let it go?!

I checked the video. Schiff said "I'm not entertaining it seriously, right now." If he was feeling as harassed as you claim, he would have said "No I will not, and I wish they would stop." Peter crafts his words carefully but he always says what he means. He can take care of himself.

He Who Pawns
03-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I hope Schiff will change his mind!

We need someone to carry the banner for us in 2010. Dodd is the fattest, ripest target out there.