PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Claims to be A Libertarian

FreedomFighter8008
03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Did so on today's show. All 3 guests stated that they were also Libertarians to include Penn (of course). I don't have a way to YouTube it, but hopefully someone here will.

bkreigh
03-04-2009, 04:25 PM
yeah im watching it as well. How about that commie early on the show? WOW

jack555
03-04-2009, 04:26 PM
This is old news,where have u been ;)

IMO he is the most sincere of the people now saying they are libertarian and the only one I would trust (and only trust 90% never 100%)

FreedomFighter8008
03-04-2009, 04:34 PM
yeah im watching it as well. How about that commie early on the show? WOW

I missed him. Just got home at 2:30 and tuned in. What happened?

FreedomFighter8008
03-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Stephen Moore is one of the other guys on with him. Don't know who the fourth guy is.

gls
03-04-2009, 04:36 PM
I like all of the exposure Beck's been giving to certain issues lately, but if he's a libertarian I'm the pope.

malkusm
03-04-2009, 04:40 PM
IMO he is the most sincere of the people now saying they are libertarian and the only one I would trust (and only trust 90% never 100%)

Don't say this too loud, people will hear you through the walls of the forum and swoop in to call you a commie idiot bastard who wants to nominate Rush Limbaugh leader of the GOP.

FreedomFighter8008
03-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Don't say this too loud, people will hear you through the walls of the forum and swoop in to call you a commie idiot bastard who wants to nominate Rush Limbaugh leader of the GOP.

Shhhhh . . . they're listening . . . ;)

HOLLYWOOD
03-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Additionally,

When's BECK going to admit he's a Conservative, Republican, Constitutionalist, & WAY OVER PAID for what he does for a living? ;)

MsDoodahs
03-04-2009, 04:57 PM
The other guy was Mark Skousen.

http://www.mskousen.com/

Natalie
03-04-2009, 04:57 PM
*pukes*

They are stealing our word, just like they stole "liberal." Bastards! :p;)

FreedomFighter8008
03-04-2009, 05:00 PM
*pukes*

I don't necessarily agree with that. Beck might be, but I do believe that the other three are Libertarian -- especially Penn.

FunkBuddha
03-04-2009, 05:32 PM
I liked what Penn said about them passing the stimulus bill. He said last time he listened to someone when they said that we had to act now he ended up with 5 Sham-wows or something like that.

Truth Warrior
03-04-2009, 06:28 PM
And I can "claim" to be an aardvark, but that sure doesn't make me one. :D

malkusm
03-04-2009, 06:41 PM
I liked what Penn said about them passing the stimulus bill. He said last time he listened to someone when they said that we had to act now he ended up with 5 Sham-wows or something like that.

Hahaha! :D

Gonna use this in the future....

heavenlyboy34
03-04-2009, 07:12 PM
*pukes*

Yeah! :mad: Did you hear a couple weeks ago when Hannitard claimed to be "libertarian"? :eek: I had to struggle to keep from laughing my ass off at that schmuck! :rolleyes:;)

Conza88
03-04-2009, 07:24 PM
*pukes*

They are stealing our word, just like they stole "liberal." Bastards!

Correct.

Ex Post Facto
03-04-2009, 09:03 PM
It is possible to hold other views even while most of your views fall into the category of Libertarian. As a libertarian I hold the view that the federal government as designed around the constitution should be ran as close to libertarian views as is possible but that states can swing around slightly and provide extra benefits to it's people, if agreed on by the state population, being checked by the constitution itself. States that want welfare can have it as far as I'm concerned, how they go about funding it is a constitutional matter. If they want to charge everyone for parking their vehicle on a street, to fund it so be it. But they will not violate the constitution in doing so.

Conza88
03-04-2009, 09:19 PM
It is possible to hold other views even while most of your views fall into the category of Libertarian. As a libertarian I hold the view that the federal government as designed around the constitution should be ran as close to libertarian views as is possible but that states can swing around slightly and provide extra benefits to it's people, if agreed on by the state population, being checked by the constitution itself. States that want welfare can have it as far as I'm concerned, how they go about funding it is a constitutional matter. If they want to charge everyone for parking their vehicle on a street, to fund it so be it. But they will not violate the constitution in doing so.

Then you're not a Libertarian. So don't call yourself one.

Violation of the non aggression principle and private property rights.

Call yourself a states (collectivist) rights-er. Or whatever, just not a Libertarian.

You sully it's name. And dilute it's value as a Label to describe an ideology.

NEPA_Revolution
03-04-2009, 10:12 PM
I like all of the exposure Beck's been giving to certain issues lately, but if he's a libertarian I'm the pope.

No... you fail. I AM the pope.

SimpleName
03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Beck seems to be pushing for more shocking stuff. First, his absolute opposition to stimulus/bailouts, then his opposition to government in general, and now...A LIBERTARIAN! Where is the C.I.A. when you need them? Get someone down to Fox News right now and arrest that guy! Keep him in captivity for 5 or 6 days, allowing brief periods of waterboarding while completely misleading him with lies. Maybe strip him down and throw him in a pile of terrorists (because you know they are just suspects). Take some pictures, distribute, and enjoy. I sense I've gone overboard.

Point is, I love how Beck is wreaking the rest of the media and the establishment's b/s. If only he would come just a bit further, leaving his moral, religious obsession behind. Maybe he should have Paul on to talk about how his faith has led him to cherish liberty and personal responsibility over enforcing his own moral code (using drugs, prostitution, etc.). With more exposure, surrounding himself with true libertarians, he'll eventually make his way over. I wish he would refer to himself as a conservative though. If you don't think even Bob Barr, a guy who hasn't been all too convincingly libertarian, you are definitely not a "true" libertarian. I do greatly respect everything he is trying to do though.

It was amazing to see 3 "libertarians" and a strong conservative on the show today.

Conza88
03-05-2009, 12:30 AM
http://blogmeisterusa.mu.nu/archives/koolAidPacketGrape.gif

Ex Post Facto
03-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Then you're not a Libertarian. So don't call yourself one.

Violation of the non aggression principle and private property rights.

Call yourself a states (collectivist) rights-er. Or whatever, just not a Libertarian.

You sully it's name. And dilute it's value as a Label to describe an ideology.

Oh that's right...I'm not a Ron Paul supporter either following that logic, because I don't support all of Ron Paul's ideas to a T. You missed the whole point of what was stated. There are varying degrees of everything. It's a right for me as an individual to support a certain way of life, irregardless of how you feel, so long as I don't take from you to fund it, or require that you participate. You call this being a collectivist? My god, what is a libertarian but a collective group that is based around individual liberties? Get off your high horse and think about what you are saying before you let garbage accusations fly through your mind, through your fingers and spew out onto your keyboard.

Conza88
03-05-2009, 04:32 AM
Oh that's right...I'm not a Ron Paul supporter either following that logic, because I don't support all of Ron Paul's ideas to a T. You missed the whole point of what was stated. There are varying degrees of everything. It's a right for me as an individual to support a certain way of life, irregardless of how you feel, so long as I don't take from you to fund it, or require that you participate. You call this being a collectivist? My god, what is a libertarian but a collective group that is based around individual liberties? Get off your high horse and think about what you are saying before you let garbage accusations fly through your mind, through your fingers and spew out onto your keyboard.

Fail.

You can support Ron Paul and not be a Libertarian.

That's got nothing to do with anything though, so don't "move the goal posts."

My point was about you calling yourself a Libertarian. And just like the war mongers break both fundamental principles of Libertarianism, they CANNOT be considered a Libertarian then. Same applies to all else.

Call yourself whatever you want, just kinda make sure the label is an accurate description. ;)

sailor
03-05-2009, 05:21 AM
Beck is no Libertarian. Where was he during the Bush years?? What has happened is the reputation of other tags like Conservative and Republican has been totally destroyed by the excesses of the Bush administration, so now some of them take our name to be more respectable.

They can fook off as far as I am concerned. We don`t need their politics associated with our name. Beck stands for some appauling things particularly on foreign policy. He is always going on about Putin and Russia. He is really a Reaganite I think.

paulitics
03-05-2009, 07:48 AM
Beck's contradictory views doesn't make him a libertarian. The many is shaky on habeus corpus and the 4th amendment, not to mention his love for pre-emptive wars. These rights are sacrosanct BEck, the founders were not ambivalent on what they meant.

Have we become so desensitised to how radically statist and unAmerican, unconstitutional this is, that we give him a pass because he talks good on the economy and mentions NWO. He warns his audience that fascism is coming, yet he is for the very policies that turn a country fascist. You ever wonder how Savage, Hannity, Limbaugh, and Beck can hold these views in their head and all have the power of influencing opinion? I'm of the opinion that they are not representative of the average conservative's thinking, but they have duped their audiences into thinking statist views are conservative.

Pennsylvania
03-05-2009, 08:06 AM
If Beck is starting to call himself a libertarian that could have a negative impact on public opinion of libertarianism if he never changes some of his views, but we need to give Beck some time. Sometimes people need to make that leap and start identifying with a certain philosophy before they understand that philosophy fully, or consistently. That is just human nature. Let's give Beck a chance and let him get comfortable with his newfound libertarian identity. In time, our refusal to chastise him for it will pay off as his views become more consistent. Remember it was just weeks ago that Beck was still calling himself a conservative. Considering the old saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", Beck, I think, has shown himself to be reasonably open-minded.

Truth Warrior
03-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Someone needs to ask Glenn for his opinion on the NAP.<IMHO> ;) While they're at it, they need to ask the LP members too. :D