PDA

View Full Version : Lobbying Pack for HR1207 (Federal Reserve Transparency Act)

robert4rp08
03-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Materials to lobby your Rep to support the Federal Reserve Transparency Act. (http://distractiblehominid.blogspot.com/2009/03/lobbying-pack-for-hr-1207-federal.html)

I have assembled sort of a lobbying pack in support of Ron Paul's H.R. 1207: Federal Transparency Act of 2009. The pack can be downloaded here as a Word Document (http://www.distractiblehominid.com/files/HR1207_lobbying_pack.doc) (so that you can personalize it).

The pack was assembled from resources obtained at the C4L site. It consists of a formal letter, the text of H.R. 1207, and supplemental information. I have tweaked the letter (Thanks Heather D) for our 'Democrat-rich' area-- it requires you to insert your and your Rep's information. The text of the legislation is as it appears on the thomas.loc website. The supplemental information consists of info from the C4L flyer and Ron Paul's address on the House floor.

This is a prime opportunity to expose the Federal Reserve. This bill already has 28 and growing co-sponsors and is getting bipartisanship support. I plan on getting this info to my Representative by all means possible (email, fax, snail mail, and leaving it at his office). I hope that you will join me in this endeavor!

robert4rp08
03-04-2009, 03:50 PM
The letter:

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[Your Phone Number]

[Today's Date]

[Representative's Name]
[Representative's Local Office Address]
[Representative's Phone Number]

Dear Representative [Representative's Name Here],

I urgently seek your Support and Co-Sponsorship of H.R. 1207: The Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009.

Recently, it has come to light that the Federal Reserve is not accountable to American citizens. While we are required by law to give an accounting of every penny we come in contact with, the Federal Reserve, in contrast, can spend as it pleases without Congressional approval or oversight. In this economic crisis, we deserve an accounting of how our money is being spent-- H.R. 1207 will shed light on the Federal Reserve. President Obama pledged to bring transparency to Washington D.C., and by supporting this piece of legislation you are assisting the President in achieving this very worthy goal.

President Obama also pledged to work with both parties in order to find bi-partisan solutions to the problems facing America. H.R. 1207 currently has bi-partisan support amongst its 28 and growing co-sponsors. Your support for this legislation will demonstrate a willingness on your part to put the interests of your constituents before party loyalties.

This critical legislation is short and concise, and can be read in less than 5 minutes. I encourage you to take the time to read H.R. 1207, and then swiftly act to support it. A lack of support for H.R. 1207 suggests that you oppose the President's goals of transparency and bi-partisanship, and instead favor secrecy and division.

Thank you in advance for your attention. I have every expectation that you will do right by your constituents and support this measure to bring accountability to the Federal Reserve.

Sincerely,
[Signature]
[Your Name Here]
[Your Contact Info]

robert4rp08
03-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Supplemental Information

As of today, almost $10 trillion in bailouts and loans have been agreed to by Congress, the Treasury Department, and the Federal Reserve.

With our national debt approaching $11 trillion, it is critical that we demand a full accounting of how the government has spent our money.

The Federal Reserve, the unelected central bank of the United States, releases details of its meetings and activities on its own time-table, if at all. Its monopoly over the flow of money and credit in our country has once again led us into a preventable economic crisis.

Yet, the Federal Reserve has refused to tell Congress and the rest of us how it is spending our tax dollars as it piles bailout on top of bailout and lends to other nations.

The Treasury’s supplementary financing accounts that fund Fed facilities allow the Treasury to funnel money to Wall Street without GAO or Congressional oversight.

The Federal Reserve Transparency Act would eliminate restrictions on GAO audits of the Federal Reserve and open Fed operations to enhanced scrutiny. We hear officials constantly lauding the benefits of transparency and especially bemoaning the opacity of the Fed, its monetary policy, and its funding facilities. By opening all Fed operations to a GAO audit and calling for such an audit to be completed by the end of 2010, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act would achieve much-needed transparency of the Federal Reserve.

Omphfullas Zamboni
03-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Done. Faxed to my District Representative via http://faxzero.com/

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-04-2009, 05:12 PM
bump

nayjevin
03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
thanks, Robert -- good stuff

grand list of media emails: (1000's ???)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=47&highlight=media+contacts

bunklocoempire
03-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Bumpity bump.

Explain to a democrat today, the troops would be home if the repubs didn’t have access to the magic checkbook. –Federal Reserve.
(also ask ‘em if the O-man is really about TRANSPARENCY)

Explain to a republican today, the dems wouldn’t be passin’ spending bills if they didn’t have access to the magic checkbook. –Federal Reserve.

Bunkloco

Kotin
03-04-2009, 07:12 PM
great layout man.. makes it really easy to do.

lets get it DONE!!

zach
03-04-2009, 07:18 PM
sweet.

I'm on it!

edit: do I include the supplemental info in the letter?
Also, here's a great site to contact your representative: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

bunklocoempire
03-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Bump. Aint this "sticky" material? :confused:

Bunkloco

sluggo
03-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Bump.

I second that sticky.

sluggo
03-06-2009, 05:44 PM
another bump

Paulatized
03-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Major issue - bump

WCR
03-06-2009, 08:32 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but every time I click the THOMAS link to view the bill it takes me to a Jim Gerlach bill.

Is this the right one? http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1207

GovTrack ftw. :)

nayjevin
03-07-2009, 05:06 AM
bump

JohnJay
03-07-2009, 10:19 AM
These 71 members of the House Financial Services Committee need to especially be called and emailed at this stage or it'll never get out of committee -
and we need to get a media outlet like MSNBC Hardball to get this idea out in the public disscussion as well.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/committee.xpd?id=HSBA

"Why should a government-established agency, whose police force has federal law enforcement powers, and whose notes have legal tender status in this country, be allowed to enter into agreements with foreign powers and foreign banking institutions with no oversight?"

- Ron Paul, in introducing H.R. 1207

sluggo
03-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm passing this out to my local CFL members.

sluggo
03-08-2009, 07:22 AM
another bump

mefleabyte
03-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but every time I click the THOMAS link to view the bill it takes me to a Jim Gerlach bill.

Is this the right one? http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1207

GovTrack ftw. :)

Yes! Now up to 21 Co-Sponsors!

Cosponsors [as of 2009-03-07]
Rep. Roscoe Bartlett [R-MD]
Rep. Dean Heller [R-NV]
Rep. Bill Posey [R-FL]
Rep. Dennis Rehberg [R-MT]
Rep. Paul Broun [R-GA]
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher [R-CA]
Rep. Neil Abercrombie [D-HI]
Rep. Gene Taylor [D-MS]
Rep. Michele Bachmann [R-MN]
Rep. Lynn Woolsey [D-CA]
Rep. Walter Jones [R-NC]
Rep. Steve Kagen [D-WI]
Rep. Jason Chaffetz [R-UT]
Rep. Clifford Stearns [R-FL]
Rep. Jack Kingston [R-GA]
Rep. Donald Young [R-AK]
Rep. Scott Garrett [R-NJ]
Rep. John Duncan [R-TN]
Rep. Ted Poe [R-TX]
Rep. Dan Burton [R-IN]
Rep. Tom McClintock [R-CA]

mstrmac1
03-12-2009, 07:08 PM
The Federal Reserve Transparency Act, Congressman Paul's bill to audit the Fed, is now up to 28 cosponsors! (6 Democrats and 22 Repubs.)

Rep Abercrombie, Neil [D, HI-1]
Rep Alexander, Rodney [R, LA-5]
Rep Bachmann, Michele [R, MN-6]
Rep Bartlett, Roscoe G. [R, MD-6]
Rep Broun, Paul C. [R, GA-10]
Rep Burton, Dan [R, IN-5]
Rep Chaffetz, Jason [R, UT-3]
Rep DeFazio, Peter A. [D, OR-4]
Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [R, TN-2]
Rep Foxx, Virginia [R, NC-5]
Rep Garrett, Scott [R, NJ-5]
Rep Grayson, Alan [D, FL-8]
Rep Heller, Dean [R, NV-2]
Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [R, NC-3]
Rep Kagen, Steve [D, WI-8]
Rep Kingston, Jack [R, GA-1]
Rep Marchant, Kenny [R, TX-24]
Rep McClintock, Tom [R, CA-4]
Rep Petri, Thomas E. [R, WI-6]
Rep Poe, Ted [R, TX-2]
Rep Posey, Bill [R, FL-15]
Rep Price, Tom [R, GA-6]
Rep Rehberg, Denny [R, MT]
Rep Rohrabacher, Dana [R, CA-46]
Rep Stearns, Cliff [R, FL-6]
Rep Taylor, Gene [D, MS-4]
Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [D, CA-6]
Rep Young, Don [R, AK]

If you don't see your rep on this list, contact him/her today and urge them to support the bill!

robert4rp08
03-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Glad that I could help. Nice job. My rep isn't a co-sponsor yet... time to 'get him' again!

raystone
03-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Visited my congressperson's regional office today with 3 others. Her Field Representative at the office sat down and listened to us for about 20 minutes. We told him we'll be back again and again until she co-sponsors HR1207, and each time with more people.

Paulitical Correctness
03-12-2009, 08:36 PM
This thread makes me smile.

sluggo
03-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Glad that I could help. Nice job. My rep isn't a co-sponsor yet... time to 'get him' again!

Thank you for putting this together! Makes it easier for all of us.

One suggestion though - in your pre-written letter, I'd recommend updating the "11 co-sponsors" part with "28 co-sponsors".

robert4rp08
03-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Thank you for putting this together! Makes it easier for all of us.

One suggestion though - in your pre-written letter, I'd recommend updating the "11 co-sponsors" part with "28 co-sponsors".

Good call. Updated to "28 and growing" :D

me3
03-13-2009, 12:27 PM
If your rep is not a cosponsor, won't return your letters, and you have no success contacting their office, then you need to play dirty.

There must be a few copywriters on this forum.

Need a couple drafts, substitute in the Rep's name, protesting that they won't respond to constituent requests to support legislation to audit the constituents money.

Those letters need to go to every local newspaper. They need to be posted on every major newspaper message board online. They need to be sent to local talk radio hosts, and people need to call in to talk radio and admonish the reps for promoting government secrecy. Republicans are probably must susceptible to those charges, as they are relying on an anti-Obama position to have any credibility these days.

All you have to do is start the ball rolling. Other people will carry it to the endzone for you. Set brushfires in their minds....

But if your rep hasn't signed on yet, it means they don't probably don't intend to. If they keep ignoring you, you're wasting your time trying to talk to them. Publicly pressure them by using the media to draw the attention of thousands to the bill. Dual purpose. Pressure the rep, educate the public.

My fiat 2 cents.

The C4L tries hard, but I'm not sure they have a grassroots strategy for education. It seems to all be based on participating on, and focusing upon, and depending upon politicians to "see the light" and effect change. Change has to come from root strikers.

sluggo
03-13-2009, 12:38 PM
If your rep is not a cosponsor, won't return your letters, and you have no success contacting their office, then you need to play dirty.

There must be a few copywriters on this forum.

Need a couple drafts, substitute in the Rep's name, protesting that they won't respond to constituent requests to support legislation to audit the constituents money.

Those letters need to go to every local newspaper. They need to be posted on every major newspaper message board online. They need to be sent to local talk radio hosts, and people need to call in to talk radio and admonish the reps for promoting government secrecy. Republicans are probably must susceptible to those charges, as they are relying on an anti-Obama position to have any credibility these days.

All you have to do is start the ball rolling. Other people will carry it to the endzone for you. Set brushfires in their minds....

But if your rep hasn't signed on yet, it means they don't probably don't intend to. If they keep ignoring you, you're wasting your time trying to talk to them. Publicly pressure them by using the media to draw the attention of thousands to the bill. Dual purpose. Pressure the rep, educate the public.

My fiat 2 cents.

The C4L tries hard, but I'm not sure they have a grassroots strategy for education. It seems to all be based on participating on, and focusing upon, and depending upon politicians to "see the light" and effect change. Change has to come from root strikers.

All good suggestions.

We need to make some noise about this bill.

me3
03-13-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm surprised no one has setup a FED bomb yet. This legislation is very important.

Someone should setup a website (I did my part in the past, have other offline concerns right now) to collect

Pledges to

Call talk Radio
Write a letter to the local editor
Comment on a NY Times blog
Post/comment on political blogs and forums
Email their relatives

on April 2nd or something like that.

Time is running out. 28 sponsors won't get anything done.

enjoiskaterguy
03-13-2009, 04:00 PM
thanks you guys for the pre-written letters. I e-mailed two Reps from CA...Mr. Mike Thompson
CA-1st (D) and a thank you letter to Lyn Woolsey....who voted for the stimulus and the bailout bills...so did Mike Thompson, but this is another day and another bill so we will have to see what happens. Good Luck to the rest of you in contacting your reps.

I have been using www.faxzero.com to fax my letters.

you can fax them without using a fax machine...its woncderful. Thanks for whoever put up that link...I think faxes are far my personable and professional than e-mails. Don't bother with e-mails. Faxes are tangible and more reliable to get into the hands and eyes of the reps.

sluggo
03-13-2009, 04:27 PM
My Congresscritter seems to have no intentions of supporting this legislation.

Monday I'm going to try to get on the local talk radio show and tell people that he cares more about bankers than taxpayers.

Imperial
03-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Jeff Flake, the Republican from Arizona, is noticeable absent...

me3
03-13-2009, 07:40 PM
My Congresscritter seems to have no intentions of supporting this legislation.

Monday I'm going to try to get on the local talk radio show and tell people that he cares more about bankers than taxpayers.
Exactly. He's ignoring you. He is refusing to be accountable as he burns money with the bankers and gives himself a raise.

DFF
03-14-2009, 02:29 AM
Sent. Now will Ted Poe stand up for LIberty? We'll see....

SaratogaForRonPaul
03-14-2009, 04:16 PM
A friend wrote to his congressman and received the below response:

Dear Friend:
Thank you for contacting my office in regards to H.R. 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009. Your correspondence is highly valuable and I appreciate your sentiments.
The Federal Reserve Transparency Act calls for an Audit of the Federal Reserve System. This report would include a detailed description of the findings and conclusion of the Comptroller General of the United States, and would be accompanied with recommendations for legislative or administrative action. However, Title 12, Ch.3, Subchapter II, §248b calls for the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System to order annual independent audits of the financial statements of each Federal reserve bank, as well as the Board itself. The fulfillment of this requirement should mean that a further audit is not necessary.
The Federal Reserve Transparency Act has been referred to the House Committee on Financial Services. I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind if this bill comes up for a vote before the full House of Representatives.
Again, thank you for your opinion and letter. I am most appreciative. Should you have additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. My door is always open.

Very Truly Yours,

Paul D. Tonko
MEMBER OF CONGRESS

I added the bold section to offset the argument for others for send in the letter:

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[Your Phone Number]

[Today's Date]

[Representative's Name]

I urgently seek your Support and Co-Sponsorship of H.R. 1207: The Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009.

Recently, it has come to light that the Federal Reserve is not accountable to American citizens. While we are required by law to give an accounting of every penny we come in contact with, the Federal Reserve, in contrast, can spend as it pleases without Congressional approval or oversight. In this economic crisis, we deserve an accounting of how our money is being spent-- H.R. 1207 will shed light on the Federal Reserve. President Obama pledged to bring transparency to Washington D.C., and by supporting this piece of legislation you are assisting the President in achieving this very worthy goal.

President Obama also pledged to work with both parties in order to find bi-partisan solutions to the problems facing America. H.R. 1207 currently has bi-partisan support amongst its 28 and counting co-sponsors. Your support for this legislation will demonstrate a willingness on your part to put the interests of your constituents before party loyalties.

This critical legislation is short and concise, and can be read in less than 5 minutes. I encourage you to take the time to read H.R. 1207, and then swiftly act to support it. A lack of support for H.R. 1207 suggests that you oppose the President's goals of transparency and bi-partisanship, and instead favor secrecy and division.

It should be noted that a common error among many members of Congress is that Title 12, Ch.3, Subchapter II, §248b, which orders the Board of Governors to give an annual independent audit of the Federal Reserve, provides the results of the audit to Congress or the public. In reality, these audits are held in secret by non-elected officials of a private corporation that controls the monetary policy of the United States of America with no Congressional oversight or regulation.

Thank you in advance for your attention. I have every expectation that you will do right by your constituents and support this measure to bring accountability to the Federal Reserve.

Sincerely,
[Signature]
[Your Name Here]
[Your Contact Info]

nbhadja
03-14-2009, 10:35 PM
bump

raystone
03-14-2009, 11:00 PM

I added the bold section to offset the argument for others for send in the letter:

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[Your Phone Number]

[Today's Date]

[Representative's Name]

President Obama also pledged to work with both parties in order to find bi-partisan solutions to the problems facing America. H.R. 1207 currently has bi-partisan support amongst its 28 and counting co-sponsors. Your support for this legislation will demonstrate a willingness on your part to put the interests of your constituents before party loyalties.

It should be noted that a common error among many members of Congress is that Title 12, Ch.3, Subchapter II, §248b, which orders the Board of Governors to give an annual independent audit of the Federal Reserve, provides the results of the audit to Congress or the public. In reality, these audits are held in secret by non-elected officials of a private corporation that controls the monetary policy of the United States of America with no Congressional oversight or regulation.

Sincerely,
[Signature]
[Your Name Here]
[Your Contact Info]

Thank you

robert4rp08
03-15-2009, 08:26 AM

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[Your Phone Number]

[Today's Date]

[Representative's Name]

Sincerely,
[Signature]
[Your Name Here]
[Your Contact Info]

Awesome. Thanks!

ronpaulhawaii
03-15-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm curious about the hits you are getting. I've been posting your link just about every time I see 1207 mentioned on FB...

ingrid
03-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks! This information is great. Almost all the other material I've seen has been that the Fed is stealing our money, the Fed is going to cause riots and violence...etc. I'm not necessarily arguing with those points, but when we're writing to Congress, I think the argument that we should be allowed to see what they're doing is good enough, because you really can't argue with that.

President Obama pledged to bring transparency to Washington D.C., and by supporting this piece of legislation you are assisting the President in achieving this very worthy goal.
Ha. I especially like that part.

mstrmac1
03-15-2009, 09:13 PM
This bill has made it to the tea party web site.

http://www.reteaparty.com/

robert4rp08
03-15-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm curious about the hits you are getting. I've been posting your link just about every time I see 1207 mentioned on FB...

Unfortunately, blogspot doesn't have a hit counter for posts. However, I can tell you that the Word document has been downloaded 97 times. Thanks for spreading the word!

ronpaulhawaii
03-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Unfortunately, blogspot doesn't have a hit counter for posts. However, I can tell you that the Word document has been downloaded 97 times. Thanks for spreading the word!

:D

Great work on this. It is very much appreciated

TER
03-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Bump! Contact your representative today!

SaratogaForRonPaul
03-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Robert,

After passing this letter through CFL, Paul-Martin (Ron Paul's financial services aide) suggested the following change to what I previously wrote:

It should be noted that a common error among many members of Congress is that Title 12, Ch.3, Subchapter II, §248b, which orders the Board of Governors to give an annual independent audit of the Federal Reserve, provides substantive information to Congress or the public. In reality, these audits do not provide Congress with the critical information of how the Federal Reserve is handling trillions of taxpayer dollars, and we need to untie the hands of the Government Accountability Office by reforming Title 31, section 714 to allow them to conduct full, comprehensive audits.

Apparently, the audits in 12 USC 248b are sometimes made available, but are not substantial to tracking what the Fed does with the trillions of American taxpayer money.

BTW, they liked it enough they may send it out to the entire CFL membership. Good job.

For Freedom,
Steven Vasquez
Interim NY State Coordinator
Campaign forLiberty

dannno
03-17-2009, 03:46 PM
30 Current Co-sponsors (if your rep is here, be sure to thank them!!):

Rep Abercrombie, Neil [HI-1] - 2/26/2009
Rep Alexander, Rodney [LA-5] - 3/10/2009
Rep Bachmann, Michele [MN-6] - 2/26/2009
Rep Bartlett, Roscoe G. [MD-6] - 2/26/2009
Rep Blackburn, Marsha [TN-7] - 3/16/2009
Rep Broun, Paul C. [GA-10] - 2/26/2009
Rep Burton, Dan [IN-5] - 2/26/2009
Rep Chaffetz, Jason [UT-3] - 3/6/2009
Rep DeFazio, Peter A. [OR-4] - 3/9/2009
Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [TN-2] - 3/6/2009
Rep Foxx, Virginia [NC-5] - 3/10/2009
Rep Garrett, Scott [NJ-5] - 3/5/2009
Rep Grayson, Alan [FL-8] - 3/11/2009
Rep Heller, Dean [NV-2] - 3/6/2009
Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [NC-3] - 2/26/2009
Rep Kagen, Steve [WI-8] - 2/26/2009
Rep Kingston, Jack [GA-1] - 3/6/2009
Rep Marchant, Kenny [TX-24] - 3/11/2009
Rep McClintock, Tom [CA-4] - 3/6/2009
Rep Petri, Thomas E. [WI-6] - 3/10/2009
Rep Poe, Ted [TX-2] - 2/26/2009
Rep Posey, Bill [FL-15] - 2/26/2009
Rep Price, Tom [GA-6] - 3/10/2009
Rep Rehberg, Denny [MT] - 2/26/2009
Rep Rohrabacher, Dana [CA-46] - 3/6/2009
Rep Stearns, Cliff [FL-6] - 3/6/2009
Rep Taylor, Gene [MS-4] - 3/6/2009
Rep Wamp, Zach [TN-3] - 3/16/2009
Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [CA-6] - 2/26/2009
Rep Young, Don [AK] - 3/6/2009

dr. hfn
03-18-2009, 12:12 PM
awesome!

robert4rp08
03-18-2009, 12:59 PM
30 Current Co-sponsors (if your rep is here, be sure to thank them!!):

Thanks for the update. Where are you getting it from?

robert4rp08
03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Robert,

After passing this letter through CFL, Paul-Martin (Ron Paul's financial services aide) suggested the following change to what I previously wrote:

Apparently, the audits in 12 USC 248b are sometimes made available, but are not substantial to tracking what the Fed does with the trillions of American taxpayer money.

BTW, they liked it enough they may send it out to the entire CFL membership. Good job.

For Freedom,
Steven Vasquez
Interim NY State Coordinator
Campaign forLiberty

Awesome, thanks! I updated the document, etc.

RP4EVER
03-19-2009, 09:00 PM
ahahahahahahahaha; lets see it get killed im committee this time

nayjevin
03-19-2009, 09:15 PM
lobbying packs FTW

Imperial
03-21-2009, 08:54 PM
COSPONSORS(39)

Rep Akin, W. Todd [MO-2] - 3/19/2009
Rep Buchanan, Vern [FL-13] - 3/17/2009
Rep Burgess, Michael C. [TX-26] - 3/19/2009
Rep Castle, Michael N. [DE] - 3/17/2009
Rep Fleming, John [LA-4] - 3/18/2009
Rep Lummis, Cynthia M. [WY] - 3/19/2009
Rep McCotter, Thaddeus G. [MI-11] - 3/19/2009
Rep Peterson, Collin C. [MN-7] - 3/19/2009
Rep Platts, Todd Russell [PA-19] - 3/19/2009

I am still waiting for Kucinich and Flake to sign on; it seems strange their names are missing.

dr. hfn
03-21-2009, 10:39 PM
I've emailed my Rep/Senators multiple times, but they still haven't signed on. I even sent the petition back to the C4L that it sent to me about this!

dr. hfn
03-21-2009, 11:00 PM
amazing!

dr. hfn
03-21-2009, 11:41 PM
You need to CALL the C4L/YAL leadership and get this on their front pages NOW!

Imperial
03-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Liberty Maven wrote a good article that tipped me off to it, and the specific procedure to find the bill and whatnot.

eduardo89
03-23-2009, 09:41 PM
I was wondering if anyone has a good letter to fax/email-bomb news outlets with. As important as it is to get our reps aware, its just as important to get the public aware. The more people who know about this, the more pressure we'll be able to put on congress.

If anyone can post a good template or sent letter for newspapers, radio stations, ect. it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Cali4RonPaul
03-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Could someone please provide me with more specifics as to what the Federal Reserve avoids.

According to the Federal Reserve they submit themselves to the GAO for auditing.

In Dr. Paul's videos he says they audit everything except A. B. C. D. and E which is everything.

I would like to know what is A what is B what is C and what is D and E If he could be more specific.

ronpaulhawaii
03-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Could someone please provide me with more specifics as to what the Federal Reserve avoids.

According to the Federal Reserve they submit themselves to the GAO for auditing.

In Dr. Paul's videos he says they audit everything except A. B. C. D. and E which is everything.

I would like to know what is A what is B what is C and what is D and E If he could be more specific.

You might want to make separate thread in Economics and Sound Money

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204

Mani
03-24-2009, 03:50 PM
There is every idiotic group on earth in Facebook. How do we get the materials on Facebook? How do we get the group on Facebook?

Let's start up a group and get some of these .pdfs and things spreading around on facebook!

I don't know it that well, so I'm not sure how to set it up.

Alawn
03-24-2009, 04:10 PM
CFL sent me something in the mail like this to sign. Did anyone else get one?

robert4rp08
03-24-2009, 08:58 PM

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/uscode31/usc_sec_31_00000714----000-.html
(b) Under regulations of the Comptroller General, the Comptroller General shall audit an agency, but may carry out an onsite examination of an open insured bank or bank holding company only if the appropriate agency has consented in writing. Audits of the Federal Reserve Board and Federal reserve banks may not include—
(1) transactions for or with a foreign central bank, government of a foreign country, or nonprivate international financing organization;
(2) deliberations, decisions, or actions on monetary policy matters, including discount window operations, reserves of member banks, securities credit, interest on deposits, and open market operations;
(3) transactions made under the direction of the Federal Open Market Committee; or
(4) a part of a discussion or communication among or between members of the Board of Governors and officers and employees of the Federal Reserve System related to clauses (1)–(3) of this subsection.

robert4rp08
03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Also,
(1) Except as provided in this subsection, an officer or employee of the Government Accountability Office may not disclose information identifying an open bank, an open bank holding company, or a customer of an open or closed bank or bank holding company. The Comptroller General may disclose information related to the affairs of a closed bank or closed bank holding company identifying a customer of the closed bank or closed bank holding company only if the Comptroller General believes the customer had a controlling influence in the management of the closed bank or closed bank holding company or was related to or affiliated with a person or group having a controlling influence.

This is what Bernanke invoked in this Sanders vs. Bernanke (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUJIG3JNPk0) video.

dr. hfn
03-24-2009, 09:06 PM
CFL sent me something in the mail like this to sign. Did anyone else get one?

I think everyone did

Wulfgang
03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Now 44 co-sponsors. I've called my rep and both senators. Are they listening to me? Who knows. I'm beginning to think we should pool our money and hire a lobbyist.

eduardo89
03-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Does anyone have a good letter to send to media sources? I've already sent around 250 faxes to Congress, but would also like to bomb the media with emails/faxes about HR 1207

Imperial
03-28-2009, 04:59 PM
46 COSPONSORS:

Rep Buchanan, Vern [FL-13] - 3/17/2009
Rep Castle, Michael N. [DE] - 3/17/2009
Rep Fleming, John [LA-4] - 3/18/2009
Rep Akin, W. Todd [MO-2] - 3/19/2009
Rep Platts, Todd Russell [PA-19] - 3/19/2009
Rep Peterson, Collin C. [MN-7] - 3/19/2009
Rep McCotter, Thaddeus G. [MI-11] - 3/19/2009
Rep Lummis, Cynthia M. [WY] - 3/19/2009
Rep Burgess, Michael C. [TX-26] - 3/19/2009
Rep Sessions, Pete [TX-32] - 3/23/2009
Rep Deal, Nathan [GA-9] - 3/23/2009
Rep Franks, Trent [AZ-2] - 3/23/2009
Rep Miller, Jeff [FL-1] - 3/24/2009
Rep Blunt, Roy [MO-7] - 3/24/2009
Rep Stark, Fortney Pete [CA-13] - 3/26/2009
Rep Culberson, John Abney [TX-7] - 3/26/2009

HOLLYWOOD
04-22-2009, 10:13 PM
FYI:
As of April 7, 2009, the total U.S. federal debt was $ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar)11,152,772,833,835.89,[/URL] or about $36,676 [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_capita"]per capita (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt#cite_note-1)

Since it's April 23, you can probably add another $50 BILLION to the pile... Fiscal Lunatics

Supplemental Information

As of today, almost $10 trillion in bailouts and loans have been agreed to by Congress, the Treasury Department, and the Federal Reserve.

With our national debt approaching $11 trillion, it is critical that we demand a full accounting of how the government has spent our money...

buffalokid777
08-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Now 44 co-sponsors. I've called my rep and both senators. Are they listening to me? Who knows. I'm beginning to think we should pool our money and hire a lobbyist.

We are all Lobbyists now :)