PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh Just Said "I Love Ron Paul!"

pennycat
03-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Happen to be listening (gotta know what conservatives are up to) and after saying that Republicans are running for cover in the Obama vs. Limbaugh spat, he says, "Ron Paul just got finished being grilled by (can't remember the reporters name)... I love Ron Paul, now I didn't think he was presidential material, but I love Ron Paul. He stands up for freedom."

ClayTrainor
03-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Lets get RP on there, and challenge ol' Rushy boy on the Patriot act and Illegal wars...

MRoCkEd
03-04-2009, 01:43 PM
surprised he reacted so positively even after dr. paul "went after rush" on supporting the war and patriot act

it seems everyone loves ron paul after he stopped running.. haha

Cowlesy
03-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Ron always elevates the discourse, and frankly if Rush said that, it is impressive that he didn't fall for Shuster's baiting of Ron to say something critical (Ron was critical of Rush's policy stances of civil liberties, but not Rush personally).

RonPaulVolunteer
03-04-2009, 01:49 PM
"He stands up for Freedom"
"He's not Presidential material"

Well which is it, make up your mind Rush...

Join The Paul Side
03-04-2009, 01:56 PM
surprised he reacted so positively even after dr. paul "went after rush" on supporting the war and patriot act

it seems everyone loves ron paul after he stopped running.. haha

Rush doesn't want to mess with us. :D

Kiss the ring, Rush! :)

ladyjade3
03-04-2009, 01:56 PM

Mutually exclusive.

AJ Antimony
03-04-2009, 01:58 PM

Call me crazy, but Rush IS saying here that people who are presidential material are those who do not stand up for freedom.

dannno
03-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Mutually exclusive.

That's like, your opinion, man..

This would make a great political cartoon, though.

[Picture of Limbaugh] [Picture of Paul]

"I LOVE Ron Paul!!" "I don't care about Rush."

Todd
03-04-2009, 02:03 PM
It's real easy for Rush to start waving the Ron Paul flag now. But I remember a particular caller who wanted him to mention Paul more during the primaries. And all Rush said was "you want me to mention Ron Paul more. OK....Ron Paul...Republican candidate for President".

Thanks bunches Rush :rolleyes:

Join The Paul Side
03-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Isn't it funny how Micheal Steele and Congressional Republicans back pedal to suck up to Rush, but Ron doesn't have to bow down to him and gets respect from the guy?

This is awesome. :D

Stary Hickory
03-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Well Ron Paul has flown under the radar for a very long time. He was warning about economic collapse when everyone was partying during the economic boom. of course Ron Paul sounded like a nut, and Rush still does not understand the Austrian Theory of the Business Cycle. Hence according to his rationale Ron Paul was nuts for many years.

Maybe Rush will come around, a non interventionist foreign policy has been traditionally a conservative position. And with better understanding of economics Ron Paul's views become above reproach.

Mort
03-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Good for Rush!

Lucille
03-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Happen to be listening (gotta know what conservatives are up to) and after saying that Republicans are running for cover in the Obama vs. Limbaugh spat, he says, "Ron Paul just got finished being grilled by (can't remember the reporters name)... I love Ron Paul, now I didn't think he was presidential material, but I love Ron Paul. He stands up for freedom."

He's catching on, I'm telling ya!

After Paul's impassioned defense (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul157.html) of Rush over the oxycontin thingy and the War on (Some) Drugs, you'd think he would have been more supportive of Paul all along.

Better late than never.

zach
03-04-2009, 02:23 PM
good.. respect is a good thing no matter who gives it.

Theocrat
03-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Philosophically speaking, Congressman Paul needs to put his foot on Rush Limbaugh's neck and chop off his head.

Lucille
03-04-2009, 02:34 PM

Was it the David Schuster (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YwPAlcf11M) interview on MSNCB? That was awesome. Paul made Schuster look like a superficial fool.

angelatc
03-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Call me crazy, but Rush IS saying here that people who are presidential material are those who do not stand up for freedom.

That's not true. I stand up for freedom but I am not Presidential material.

heavenlyboy34
03-04-2009, 02:38 PM
It's real easy for Rush to start waving the Ron Paul flag now. But I remember a particular caller who wanted him to mention Paul more during the primaries. And all Rush said was "you want me to mention Ron Paul more. OK....Ron Paul...Republican candidate for President".

Thanks bunches Rush :rolleyes:

I heard him hang up on callers who tried to bring up RP. :mad::p Rush needs to sit in the corner wearing a dunce cap for a few years. :p

heavenlyboy34
03-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Philosophically speaking, Congressman Paul needs to put his foot on Rush Limbaugh's neck and chop off his head.

We agree on something! How about that?! :D:)

acptulsa
03-04-2009, 02:39 PM

Douglas Adams said that the best person to put in power is the person who least wants the job, as that person has no agenda and will merely do the best job they can and get their term over with. So long as that person is intelligent and well grounded, I think it an exceptionally good point. And I would vote for you for president of these United States in a heartbeat.

tremendoustie
03-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Douglas Adams said that the best person to put in power is the person who least wants the job, as that person has no agenda and will merely do the best job they can and get their term over with. So long as that person is intelligent and well grounded, I think it an exceptionally good point. And I would vote for you for president of these United States in a heartbeat.

As would I, but I'm glad you would have an agenda :)

fr33domfightr
03-04-2009, 04:44 PM

I don't agree with your statement. I think Rush means RP didn't have the personality to be a leader. Even I questioned RPs desire to be president when he didn't take a more active roll in his own campaign organization. I think many people (of all parties) didn't like RP because he didn't ACT like a politician, whereas many RP supporters probably liked that aspect of him. He's a statesman. The problem is, to find someone who is conservative AND is presidential (in Rush's mind) might be impossible.

Rush would probably mention Ronald Reagan as a good choice from the past, but even Reagan would be lacking with most RP supporters since he didn't promote civil liberties.

FF

Recession
03-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Blah I am tired of hearing that name

speciallyblend
03-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Ron always elevates the discourse, and frankly if Rush said that, it is impressive that he didn't fall for Shuster's baiting of Ron to say something critical (Ron was critical of Rush's policy stances of civil liberties, but not Rush personally).

yep , i give ron paul credit. I feel like bumping some gop's heads!!

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-04-2009, 06:46 PM
nt

anaconda
03-04-2009, 06:57 PM
I love Ron Paul, now I didn't think he was presidential material, but I love Ron Paul. He stands up for freedom."

Limbaugh isn't human being material. He's a cheap whore for the military-industrial-media complex. Let the status quo melting and dying RNC and Rush embrace one another in their scheming to appease the war makers and the freedom robbers. We will have no use for them as the millions of American Patriots rally over the next 4 years to birth a new Republican Party (or a Party by different name) and throw the Limbaughs and Hannitys and Steeles and Jindals and Gingrichs and Rockefellers and Roves and Cheneys on a pemanent scrap heap from which there will be no extrication.

Conza88
03-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Oh my God.

ARE YOU ALL FCKEN BLIND?!

Can you not see they are trying to lump all the Republicans in with Ron Paul!??!

<Rush is one of the most disliked Personalities in the US>

Rush: "I LOVE RON PAUL"
They are trying to suppress a REAL faction breaking off! FFS!

This is what it's all about; during the BUSH years the "left" eventually became "OPPOSITION" - Keither Olberman, Chris Matthews etc. ALL THE 'DISSENT' WAS MOSTLY FUNNELED THERE. It kept the "lefties" in the Democractic party.

We knew better than that, but we appreciated the attacks on Bush.

NOW, Faux is the new ANTI-STATUS QUO CHANNEL. The coin has been flipped.

What happened to the "left" during the Bush years, is going to happen to the "right" during the Obama years.

THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.

Geezus fcken christ, you're all pretty much drinking the kool-aid.

How can you NOT SEE THIS? YOU'RE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS. Wake the hell up. http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4204/maddu7.gif

</rant>

ihsv
03-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Please! No "gotta Crush on Rush" crap! The guy's been a sellout forever, particularly during the Bush years.

Athan
03-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Too little too late.

kaleidoscope eyes
03-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Yes, El Rushbo, if you thought so much of Ron's freedom fighting ability... you could of at LEAST mentioned that DURING the campaign (instead of ignoring him and/or belittling him). Sure you didn't have to think he was all that presidential or whatever, but come on, you're not fooling anybody trying to imply you've been a secret fan all along.

As much as I love to hear Ron mentioned in a positive light anywhere in the media, any glancing praise from Rush is highly suspect. And anyway, too little too late.

tremendoustie
03-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Yes, El Rushbo, if you thought so much of Ron's freedom fighting ability... you could of at LEAST mentioned that DURING the campaign (instead of ignoring him and/or belittling him). Sure you didn't have to think he was all that presidential or whatever, but come on, you're not fooling anybody trying to imply you've been a secret fan all along.

As much as I love to hear Ron mentioned in a positive light anywhere in the media, any glancing praise from Rush is highly suspect. And anyway, too little too late.

The main reason to be happy about this, or any MSM support, is not because Rush (or whoever) might be "coming around". The reason to be happy about it is because people who listen to Rush (or whoever), will have further exposure to Paul, and more importantly, his ideas.

qh4dotcom
03-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Rush Limbaugh says he loves Ron Paul on his website

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_030409/content/01125104.guest.html

Story #3

specsaregood
03-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Story #3

Thanks for that, now that I read it --didn't hear it-- it comes off as slightly insulting.

RUSH: Well, folks, I'm starting to feel a little sorry for these Republicans. They're accepting these invitations to go on butt boy news shows, and the latest example is poor old Ron Paul. You know, I love Ron Paul. I didn't think he was presidential material, but Ron Paul is a guy that stands for freedom. Ron Paul just got through being harassed by David Shuster. "You -- you won't even denounce Rush Limbaugh? How could you not denouncing Rush Limbaugh? We're exploring why no Republican will denounce Rush Limbaugh! What are you afraid of?" I'm thinking, "These poor guys." If anybody's being distracted, it's them. They're not being allowed to talk about what they want to talk about. They're having to talk about me. I haven't decided yet , but I'm thinking of offering a brief amnesty period of a day or two where these Republicans can go on these shows and denounce me and give the Drive-Bys what they want, and then the Drive-Bys will get satisfied and move on to something else. I'm thinking about this. I'll announce the policy on this tomorrow as I think about it. Right now it just hit me as a -- what do you call it? -- a brain flash. But I'll debate with myself the policy and how it would manifest itself of granting a temporary amnesty to these poor Republicans who seem to not be able to get away from me.

He makes it seem like Ron Paul and others won't renounce him because they don't have his permission. Yup, that's more like what one would expect. He obviously saw the interview, and instead of addressing the points RP raised against Limbaughs "record" or acknowledging RP's offer to debate him, he concludes by implying that RP and the rest are his subordinates.

The One
03-04-2009, 10:08 PM
At least Rush didn't say he wants to french kiss RP like Beck did.

ladyjade3
03-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Ugh. And again - anytime Rush wants to coronate himself - I rejoin with MCCAIN. If you're so damn crucial to the real world, how could you let that happen, Rush?

Even in my Junkie video I quoted him as claiming he alone has the power to annoint the nominee. Really? eh, not so much after all, huh?

yaz
03-04-2009, 10:17 PM
At least Rush didn't say he wants to french kiss RP like Beck did.

um, that was awesome. lol. i watched that clip in iowa and everyone cracked up.

Dequeant
03-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Rush has to be careful with Ron Paul.

It is easy for Rush to criticize the more moderate republicans, but Ron Paul is the only person who makes Rush look like a democrat. If you are Rush, you don't want Ron Paul criticizing you, because the truth hurts, especially when it is told by someone with far more credibility than yourself.

anaconda
03-04-2009, 10:28 PM
When the Republican Party as we know it meets its ultimate and immanent demise, it will take Limbaugh down with it and into permanent retirement.

Bman
03-04-2009, 11:12 PM

If Sarah Palin was presidential material, than anyone is. As much as I want to slam my head against the wall everyime I hear Sarah Palin talk, she really does show that anyone, ANYONE is presidential material.

Plus look at our last President.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBm5ZSWbD14

Conza88
03-04-2009, 11:25 PM
When the Republican Party as we know it meets its ultimate and immanent demise, it will take Limbaugh down with it and into permanent retirement.

The goal is as clear as day. Funnel all dissenters into the "opposition" or out of power party.

How The Elite Control Politics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTahZE4q90U)

fr33domfightr
03-05-2009, 12:22 AM
The main reason to be happy about this, or any MSM support, is not because Rush (or whoever) might be "coming around". The reason to be happy about it is because people who listen to Rush (or whoever), will have further exposure to Paul, and more importantly, his ideas.

Exactly! If Rush were to ignore or blow off RP as a "kook," most republicans would keep ignoring RP. Rush has a lot of influence in this regard. Since Rush says, "I Love Ron Paul," then all of a sudden, those same republicans that thought they hated RP will now give his ideas a second look.

Now, regarding the Democratic Party. As we've recently been made aware, the polling that James Carville sponsored in 2008, showed that people seem to hate Rush Limbaugh even more than they did Reverend Wright. The Dems (Carville, Begala, Rahm Emanuel) are trying to capitalize on this and are actively trying to link Rush Limbaugh to the Republican Party. The idea being, to get people to hate the Republicans even more than they already do. Now, "if" the Dems or liberal leaning media can link Ron Paul to Rush Limbaugh, that seals the deal. It puts Ron Paul in with the Republicans, and ensures plenty of hate for him because he's just like Rush. It doesn't mean RP IS like Rush, only that people will fall into the trap and believe what the media is saying.

As it stands right now, however, Ron Paul isn't changing his position on things. He still keeps talking like he has for many years. Even though the Dems might like to group him in with the Republcans, he needs to make sure his points come through, about the differences he's had with the Republican Party in years past, and encourage them to move to a true conservative position.

FF

revolutionary8
03-05-2009, 03:47 AM
Great. Since Rush "loves" RP, now all brainwashed independents and moderate Dems will start hating him.
Pretty sinister, and on the positive side- pretty desperate.

PoP somemore pills Rush- it'll make that landing a bit "easier".
"Hang em' high, and
Let em' dry"

revolutionary8
03-05-2009, 04:05 AM
The goal is as clear as day. Funnel all dissenters into the "opposition" or out of power party.

How The Elite Control Politics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTahZE4q90U)

yep. :( But be that as it may, I DO think there is a wild card still in play. Time will tell how it plays out. I think it is up to us to clear the deck- IOW- I think "we" may be the wild card.

Conza88
03-05-2009, 04:26 AM
yep. :( But be that as it may, I DO think there is a wild card still in play. Time will tell how it plays out. I think it is up to us to clear the deck- IOW- I think "we" may be the wild card.

OH "we" the Ron Paul rEVOLutionaries are definitely the wild card. They can't contain us, but they are TRYING REAL HARD to suck the clueless back into the leviathan.

"We" i.e YOU & ME who aren't brain dead tools falling back into the matrix, should do our best to point out the reality to the sheep and try turn the herd before they all go "George Town" on us. (Sip the kool-aid)... and start uttering, complete idiotic comments such as "GLen Beck is one of us" "He's changed" "Rush is great" "Let's start a move to give Beck increased ratings"...

/le sigh

tremendoustie
03-05-2009, 04:37 AM
Great. Since Rush "loves" RP, now all brainwashed independents and moderate Dems will start hating him.
Pretty sinister, and on the positive side- pretty desperate.

PoP somemore pills Rush- it'll make that landing a bit "easier".
"Hang em' high, and
Let em' dry"

Half the republican base eats from his hand. This is definitely a good thing for us, no question. Not that rush is so great, but there are a lot of republicans who need his permission before they form opinions. So, now they have a convenient excuse to support all of Paul's ideas, and save their egos by saying the reason they didn't support him is because he wasn't "presidential".

So, we can provide them with other liberty candidates.

There are only so many times you can preach liberty and then stuff the genie back in the bottle in time for the next GOP class to grow government some more -- and Paul is especially dangerous, because he points out the hypocracy of the Rs.

Rush, who has millions of GOPers eating out of his hand, just said he loves Paul ... and Paul constantly points out that the GOP sold us out ... the GOP base is already mad ... this can be nothing but good.

If you think Obama and the Ds in power were going to do anything remotely libertarian, no matter what Rush said, I think you're very mistaken. Obama won't even bring the troops home, and he campaigned on that.

revolutionary8
03-05-2009, 04:43 AM
OH "we" the Ron Paul rEVOLutionaries are definitely the wild card. They can't contain us, but they are TRYING REAL HARD to suck the clueless back into the leviathan.

"We" i.e YOU & ME who aren't brain dead tools falling back into the matrix, should do our best to point out the reality to the sheep and try turn the herd before they all go "George Town" on us. (Sip the kool-aid)... and start uttering, complete idiotic comments such as "GLen Beck is one of us" "He's changed" "Rush is great" "Let's start a move to give Beck increased ratings"...

/le sigh

Yeah. It is the battle w/ not only those who think that *those in power* have our best interests at heart, it is a battle with those who try to herd the cats of this movement- that actually think that SOME people *at the reigns* of this movement are anything LESS than those people/groups who have been infiltrated before. This movement, has INDEED, been infiltrated. It is up to the more skeptical/paranoid to make sure they are weeded out. ;)
This might sound paranoid to some, but gradual infiltration has been the MO for centuries.
Just ask the Jerroits. :D
Paranoia does self destroya, yeah, but I DO think that there are plenty here that are worthy of trust. PLENTY. They are the wild cards, and usually, get bashed by TBTB, among others, until, one day, they are "loved".
(then of course comes the crusifixion) The upside of all that, is of course, the martyrdom.
Regardless, one thing we do have going for *us* is that we will be able to pick out the traitors- and realll quick - as compared to those blinded by bogus historical revisionism by the "elites" spewed all about the history books that have infiltrated our "schools". We surely can't go back to sleep.

Dary
03-05-2009, 07:48 AM

Story #3

From that link....

"...poor old Ron Paul."

Please. Give me a break Rush. I'd take take Ron in a leg race, a bike race, boxing match, swim meet, whatever. Everything except maybe wrestling. ...Maybe.

reduen
03-05-2009, 09:11 AM

I would argue that even you are more "presidential" than Palin....!

acptulsa
03-05-2009, 09:23 AM
He's skimming along as well as ever and he hates Paul and us and loves the neocons. He gets himself in the position where his star is fading and everyone is turning against him and he suddenly loves Paul and loves us.

Tool to the bitter end. Even in death he follows orders. How noble. :rolleyes:

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 09:30 AM
rush justs needs to stfu and duct tape his mouth and crawl into a box and go away!!

the more rush speaks the more average voters will view the gop as full of crap and not worth buying. can we send rush and steele to gitmo for a few yrs??

they are terrorists to the Constitution. the gop couldn't wipe their asses right even with printed directions on the toilet paper!!

the perception of the GOP sucks, i should say it is lower then the bowels of hell. the best advice for rush and Steele go away and shut up for a few yrs, pretend they do not exist!!

not only do we have to battle the big gov loving GOP leaders and the perception of the GOP now. we have the leader of the party rush and Steele to battle with. the GOP really is deaf dumb and blind and pretty much worthless now!!

negatives in our party/pretty much all of our elected GOP leadership, rush and Steele and the neo-cons. yeah we are better off selling bags of manure then the GOP!!

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 09:38 AM
He's skimming along as well as ever and he hates Paul and us and loves the neocons. He gets himself in the position where his star is fading and everyone is turning against him and he suddenly loves Paul and loves us.

Tool to the bitter end. Even in death he follows orders. How noble. :rolleyes:

rush is the corn in your crap. Rush is FULL OF BS.
i would tell him to his face .he is nothing more then a joke!!

sorry to be so harsh but really rush is a tool with a microphone. perception of the GOP is a joke and rush is also part of the joke!

they are doing a sad job at trying to kiss our azzez! not buying their BS!!

their good words on Ron Paul fall short. it is like trusting liars!!

the GOP is the new strain of salmonella

it was a pretty dumb move to have rush speak at cpac. the GOP might as well load the gun themselves and shot! we are giving the dems the ammo,so do not blame the dnc blame the GOP leadership and our new anointed leader rush/steele(might as well say we have the keystone cops as leaders). the GOP gave them the ammo, whoopee yeah GOP sigh:(

reduen
03-05-2009, 09:38 AM
rush justs needs to stfu and duct tape his mouth and crawl into a box and go away!!

the more rush speaks the more average voters will view the gop as full of crap and not worth buying. can we send rush and steel to gitmo for a few yrs??

they are terrorists to the Constitution. the gop couldn't wipe their asses right even with printed directions on the toilet paper!!

the preception of the gop sucks, i should say it is lower then the bowels of hell. the best advice for rush and steele go away and shut up for a few yrs, pretend they do not exist!!

not only do we have to battle the big gov loving gop leaders and the perception of the gop now. we have the leader of the party rush and steele to battle with. the gop really is deaf dumb and blind and pretty much worthless now!!

negative in our party/pretty much all of our elected gop leadership, rush and steele and the neo-cons. yeah we are better off selling bags of manure then the gop!!

Have I ever told you that I like the way you think..?

RevolutionSD
03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Oh my God.

ARE YOU ALL FCKEN BLIND?!

Can you not see they are trying to lump all the Republicans in with Ron Paul!??!

They are trying to suppress a REAL faction breaking off! FFS!

This is what it's all about; during the BUSH years the "left" eventually became "OPPOSITION" - Keither Olberman, Chris Matthews etc. ALL THE 'DISSENT' WAS MOSTLY FUNNELED THERE. It kept the "lefties" in the Democractic party.

We knew better than that, but we appreciated the attacks on Bush.

NOW, Faux is the new ANTI-STATUS QUO CHANNEL. The coin has been flipped.

What happened to the "left" during the Bush years, is going to happen to the "right" during the Obama years.

THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.

Geezus fcken christ, you're all pretty much drinking the kool-aid.

How can you NOT SEE THIS? YOU'RE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS. Wake the hell up. http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4204/maddu7.gif

</rant>

BINGO!
Absolutely correct.
There are NO coincidences in politics.

Rush, Coulter, Beck, etc. are all there trying to stop the split from happening. Next, O'reilly will be kissing RP's feet!

reduen
03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
rush is the corn in your crap. Rush is FULL OF BS.
i would tell him to his face .he is nothing more then a joke!!

"rush is the corn in your crap" and then you post something like this.....:rolleyes:

Have I ever told you that I (mostly) like the way you think.. lol :D

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 09:55 AM
"rush is the corn in your crap" and then you post something like this.....:rolleyes:

hey just my thoughts.i cannot say there all good, so just take the good with the bad?

i am not saying i am perfect, i am not.

ok maybe not the corn ,just a dingleberry:)
sorry i am not perfect;)

bad image but the man of the wild?(not sure the name of the show) made me think of that,just wash the corn off with water and chew,ok that was sick i know it

but that is the perception of the gop yuck

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 09:57 AM

i do post my thoughts,so i can easily be laughed at!! or joked! i am an easy target!

reduen
03-05-2009, 10:06 AM
i do post my thoughts,so i can easily be laughed at!! or joked! i am an easy target!

Well, one thing I will never doubt is that you are my friend in liberty...

You never know who you are dealing with on the net but there are a few select individuals that you just know that you can count on when it hits the fan. This past couple of years, I have come to think of you as one of those people. :)

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Well, one thing I will never doubt is that you are my friend in liberty...

You never know who you are dealing with on the net but there are a few select individuals that you just know that you can count on when it hits the fan. This past couple of years, I have come to think of you as one of those people. :)

awww sniffle, well to be honest. the same can be said about you and all the RPF MEMBERS.

I know sometimes sparks fly on RPF ,but we all agree we must act and take action.

The thing i like about RPF , we truly have a wide spectrum of people and beliefs.
other forums only dream about what RPF has!!!

YOU GUYS AND GALS truly inspire me TO TAKE ACTION!

just waiting for the gop leadership in the house and senate to try to ban RPF HEHE!!

Feenix566
03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
It must be a slow day in politics if we can't think of anything more important to talk about than Rush Limbough saying he loves Ron Paul.

All it proves is that Rush Limbough is capable of thinking rationally. He may not always employ this capability, but at least we know he has it.

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
It must be a slow day in politics if we can't think of anything more important to talk about than Rush Limbough saying he loves Ron Paul.

All it proves is that Rush Limbough is capable of thinking rationally. He may not always employ this capability, but at least we know he has it.

yep i hear you;) i am actually offwork today so im being a lil lazy(lazy day :)

tremendoustie
03-05-2009, 11:38 AM

I disagree, I think this is highly important. For many liberty activists battling the local limbaugh loving GOP stooges, it could be a big help.

And, Rush is quite rational. Unfortunately, the truth is not his highest priority. He will dampen and obfuscate what he knows to be true, if the truth wouldn't accomplish what he wants.

Isaac Bickerstaff
03-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Maybe this is the time to split now that the party leadership is trying to discredit us by agreeing with us. Either they follow us further or look like partisan fools.
Goddammit! Are they really that fucking stupid? Neocon, dipshit assholes!
I have been in the "take over the GOP" camp, but now that they turned into jellyfish, I'm not sure I want to get absorbed by them and stung (again). They are listening because we are right, and we are gaining ground. They don't care about the message, they only care about strategy. Their precious strategy is benefited momentarily when they publicly agree with us. Once they have won over the new converts, they will pollute with neocon crap again, and then what, we revolt against our "own" movement?:rolleyes::mad:

acptulsa
03-05-2009, 11:45 AM
I disagree, I think this is highly important. For many liberty activists battling the local limbaugh loving GOP stooges, it could be a big help.

And, Rush is quite rational. Unfortunately, the truth is not his highest priority. He will dampen and obfuscate what he knows to be true, if the truth wouldn't accomplish what he wants.

And by the same token, those who are trying to seduce liberals to vote libertarian on the national level will have their wells poisoned against us by this maneuver. Even though they've been kissing up to us for months now, I really don't think Rush would be going there if his moon were waxing rather than waning. He's discredited, and he's suddenly on our side. This coincidence is awfully convenient.

tremendoustie
03-05-2009, 11:59 AM
And by the same token, those who are trying to seduce liberals to vote libertarian on the national level will have their wells poisoned against us by this maneuver. Even though they've been kissing up to us for months now, I really don't think Rush would be going there if his moon were waxing rather than waning. He's discredited, and he's suddenly on our side. This coincidence is awfully convenient.

With those with a liberal backround, it's good to hammer home the war issue, and civil liberties, including opposition to the patriot act. We can point out that Rush can say whatever he wants to suck up, but he's been a warmongerer and anti-liberty for the past 8 years, and it doesn't wash.

Ron didn't say he likes Rush, Rush said he likes Ron. There's a big difference.

He Who Pawns
03-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Rush frequently mentions Hayek, so he is familiar with the Austrian School. On economic issues, Rush is almost dead on. These GOP guys have never had trouble on the economic side really. Where they lack is understanding that personal liberty and economic liberty are two sides of the same coin, and that you cannot have one without the other.

One thing I would like to urge all of you to do is this: Try to get guys like Hannity to have RP and Schiff on more often. RP to talk politics, Schiff on the economy. If Schiff and RP become "go to" talking heads on these shows, it will advance our agenda. Shamnity has Buchanan on now all the time.

specsaregood
03-05-2009, 12:29 PM
On economic issues, Rush is almost dead on. These GOP guys have never had trouble on the economic side really.

You can't be dead on with the economic issues AND support the WOT in its current incarnation, let alone the War in Iraq.

heavenlyboy34
03-05-2009, 12:33 PM
You can't be dead on with the economic issues AND support the WOT in its current incarnation, let alone the War in Iraq.

qft! Limbaugh and Hannity are GOP echo chambers. Any correlation between what they say and truth is purely coincidental. ;):p

Feenix566
03-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Rush Limbough is a media personality. His purpose is to get people listening. Right now, with a Democrat President and Congress, the best way for him to do that is to point out flaws in the Democrats' policies. This puts him on our side for the moment. This is an opportunity for us to get our message out and get more people on our side.

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Maybe this is the time to split now that the party leadership is trying to discredit us by agreeing with us. Either they follow us further or look like partisan fools.
Goddammit! Are they really that fucking stupid? Neocon, dipshit assholes!
I have been in the "take over the GOP" camp, but now that they turned into jellyfish, I'm not sure I want to get absorbed by them and stung (again). They are listening because we are right, and we are gaining ground. They don't care about the message, they only care about strategy. Their precious strategy is benefited momentarily when they publicly agree with us. Once they have won over the new converts, they will pollute with neocon crap again, and then what, we revolt against our "own" movement?:rolleyes::mad:

you pretty much hit the head of the nail on the bigger picture. we move forward and if they comealong then good,if they do not they will marginalize themselves not us;)

hmmm well what is coming march 19th just might be right down your ally ,if the gop doesn't listen to us the next few years!!

we are giving the gop one more chance to change their ways coming soon!!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=181547

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Rush Limbough is a media personality. His purpose is to get people listening. Right now, with a Democrat President and Congress, the best way for him to do that is to point out flaws in the Democrats' policies. This puts him on our side for the moment. This is an opportunity for us to get our message out and get more people on our side.

i agree with you on that. we need to use rush to our advantage.

we will be seperating our movement so folks know we are not war mongering big government loving republicans.

We will be Republicans offering voters and other republicans a better movement.
We have the answers in our message, the gop leadership has no answers just same ole neo-con bs and the voters are not buying it.

As REPUBLICANS we need to distance ourselves from our failed gop leadership!!

WE WILL BE THE GOP, while the neo-cons alienate themselves or JOIN US!!

acptulsa
03-05-2009, 01:00 PM
i agree with you on that. we need to use rush to our advantage.

As REPUBLICANS we need to distance ourselves for our failed gop leadership!!

WE WILL BE THE GOP, while the neo-cons alienate themselves or JOIN US!!

And we need to pray for the wisdom to know which tools will help us, which tools will alienate people from us, and which tools will turn around and bite us when we least expect it.

I say hold Rush at arm's length, and keep holding him at arm's length.

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 01:02 PM
With those with a liberal backround, it's good to hammer home the war issue, and civil liberties, including opposition to the patriot act. We can point out that Rush can say whatever he wants to suck up, but he's been a warmongerer and anti-liberty for the past 8 years, and it doesn't wash.

Ron didn't say he likes Rush, Rush said he likes Ron. There's a big difference.

yeah ron paul is amazing isn't he. he was able to say it forcefully and with meaning and yet .he will not have to apologize to rush;)

steele lost all credibility by apologizing to rush,can we impeach steele??

THE FACT IS STEELE LOST ALL CREDIBILITY BY APOLOGIZING TO OUR NEW LEADER RUSH(gasp) sigh. steele should apply for gop bellhop

the gop has no leaders now except RON PAUL

after what steele pulled everything he says is pretty much nothing,i will have to check with rush first.. sigh gasp steele doesn't deserve the post. that was a major mistake makes steele a joke now,not that he wasn't before but now it is a joke! rush and steele have become the joke of the gop now. really IT IS SAD!!

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 01:07 PM
And we need to pray for the wisdom to know which tools will help us, which tools will alienate people from us, and which tools will turn around and bite us when we least expect it.

I say hold Rush at arm's length, and keep holding him at arm's length.

i totallly agree rush is only saying good things about paul to lure us and build his slumping support!!

i will not fall for rushs games. it is all talk, rush doesn't care about the gop just his ratings

RON PAUL REPUBLICANS will not fall for rush or the failed gop,this is what is scaring the hell out of them:)

they do not pass the revolution sniffers!!!

THE GOP only has one choice now follow RON PAUL and OUR REPUBLICAN MESSAGE or they alienate themselves from now on;)

THE COIN HAS NOW FLIPPED:) and we are not buying their failed message anymore nor are voters outside the gop! what the gop pulled the last few years is gonna bite them now!!

Steele asks who is my daddy?? Rush says? I AM, Steele says YEP we now have no leaders in the gop except RON PAUL

Rush says whos your daddy!!! steeles says YOU ARE! now just need a graphic with rush and steele with whips and chains!!

Deborah K
03-05-2009, 01:12 PM

What the hell is "Presidential Material"??? Someone who has more style than substance, Rush?

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 01:19 PM
What the hell is "Presidential Material"??? Someone who has more style than substance, Rush?

rush is our leader hehe, he would know sigh:) ask steele who his daddy is;) he will say rush like a good little bellhop! steele is no leader

very big mistake on steele's part. the gop is really SAD like ron paul said.

FROM THIS DAY FORWARD , WE ARE THE GOP ,either rush and steele get on our bandwagon or get out of the way!
they will alienate themselves not us!

no one is buying what the gop is saying and they have lost all credibility with many republicans not counting the ron paul republicans.

WE MOVE FORWARD ,they either join us or they fall behind and marginalize themselves!!

heavenlyboy34
03-05-2009, 01:23 PM
rush is our leader hehe, he would know sigh:) ask steele who his daddy is;) he will say rush like a good little bellhop! steele is no leader

very big mistake on steele's part. the gop is really SAD like ron paul said.

Who do you mean with "our"? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? ;):p

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Who do you mean with "our"? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? ;):p

just being sarcastic;)

actually things are working in our favor ,voters rejected the gop and their platform. If the gop doesn't follow our lead and our message and JOIN US, they will alienate themselves not us:)

the tide has turned and no one is buying the gop's arguments including REPUBLICANS ,

STAND UP, MOVE FORWARD,MOVE FORWARD,if the gop and neo-cons do not move with US, they will be left behind;)

another reason rush is sucking upto us now, he sees the writing on the walls! use rush to our advantage but do not trust him!

REMEMBER HE LOVES RON PAUL;)

He Who Pawns
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM

Translation = Because Ron Paul did not support the failed neocon war in Iraq.

heavenlyboy34
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
just being sarcastic;)

actually things are working in our favor ,voters rejected the gop and their platform. If the gop doesn't follow our lead and our message and JOIN US, they will alienate themselves not us:)

the tide has turned and no one is buying the gop's arguments including REPUBLICANS ,

STAND UP, MOVE FORWARD,MOVE FORWARD,if the gop and neo-cons do not move with US, they will be left behind;)

another reason rush is sucking upto us now, he sees the writing on the walls! use rush to our advantage but do not trust him!

REMEMBER HE LOVES RON PAUL;)

oic. Carry on, then! :D;)

tremendoustie
03-05-2009, 04:10 PM

He wasn't greasy enough, he might have made the gears of partisan pagentry stick.

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-05-2009, 05:35 PM
nt

Knightskye
03-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Is there audio of this?

daviddee
03-06-2009, 01:58 PM

acptulsa
03-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Are we still going on about this unrequited love?

Sadly, the American public would not elect him president, BUT if he was VP on a ticket it could work.

Well, the next couple of years could easily make the American Public one hell of a lot less shallow and one hell of a lot more interested in substance. It has happened before. Would the public have elected, to use the vernacular of the time, a 'cripple' if it hadn't been 1932?

powerofreason
03-06-2009, 02:59 PM
His comments can both be accurate and they both are.

The American public elects slick talkers and people who "look" presidential. When they don't it is usually because they are electing "anyone but the other party that just destroyed the country".

JFK - Slick talker "looked presidential"
(Johnson fell into the job)
Nixon - US wanted anyone but another Democrat to end the Vietnam war
(Ford fell into the job)
Carter - Anyone but those Republicans (watergate, economy, etc)
Reagan - Slick talker + "looked presidential" + Anyone but Jimmy Carter
Bush - Reagan Part #2 (??) - Public realized quickly he was not Reagan
Clinton - Slick Talker - Looked presidential - Anyone but Bush (economy)
Bush - Conservatives wanted to bring "morality" back to the white house. Race was too close
Obama - Slick talker + "anyone but these Republicans"

Lots of patterns with the above. Sadly, the American public would not elect him president, BUT if he was VP on a ticket it could work.

Democracy is such a shitty system. Give me a monarchy over a democracy any day. Shoulda made G. Washington king.