PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get a call from CFL?

nayjevin
03-04-2009, 12:57 PM
just got a call with a message from Ron... anybody else?

Matt Collins
03-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Yes I got one to. Asking me to join the CFL.

That's funny since I'm a PL and County Coordinator... :rolleyes:

why can't they manage their database?:confused:

nayjevin
03-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes I got one to. Asking me to join the CFL.

That's funny since I'm a PL and County Coordinator... :rolleyes:

why can't they manage their database?:confused:

ya, they had my a different address for me than I put in on the website... odd...

anybody else?!

tremendoustie
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
I got a really long message asking me to request a form for donations and "advice". I like CFL and am a member, of course, but I don't donate to them (I prefer grassroots efforts with less overhead), so I hung up after a few mintues.

Mahkato
03-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I did .... it was some guy saying there was a recorded message for me from Ron Paul and John Tate about the economy or something like that ...

"May I put you through to the message?"

"Sure."

"Thank you."

... [dead air]

I hung up after a minute or so. Anyone else have this happen?

TruthisTreason
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
I just got one; I ask about my password.:o

nayjevin
03-04-2009, 01:20 PM
I told them that any donation I would make would be directly through their website - not through a 3rd party on the phone - but that I appreciated the call, the information, and would like the survey they offered for input. The lady claimed she had no way to relay that information back to CFL...

nayjevin
03-04-2009, 01:30 PM
kind of felt it was my duty to listen to the whole thing so I could report what I thought about the quality of the message/spending of money. (don't know what automated calls that last 5 minutes before checking to see if someone's on the line then transferring to a 3rd party credit card collector costs)

Ron's and John's portions were both scripted, but well written, although long winded. Many references to 'Obama, Pelosi, and Reid' and at one point Tate said something like 'you and I both know Washington Republicans can't be counted on to have a spine on these issues' and 'CFL is the only organization beholden to NO party'.

A couple zingers, I tried to analyze it from the perspective of a McCain voter who knew about Ron Paul but wasn't convinced yet, and now sees his wisdom -- cause that's where I thought the script was coming from. In that sense, I think it would be pretty good - grandma will stay on the phone for a long time.

It was slightly distasteful to me because I could tell they were hyping up the anti-Obama/Pelosi/Reid stuff. I think that's smart --- it kind of catered to the Rush crowd, I thought. I just don't like it when people talk like Rush :)

Overall, as most would suspect, I am guessing that a grassroots campaign to do the same would be just as good, if not better -- if we had access to Ron's voice.

LittleLightShining
03-04-2009, 01:51 PM
I did .... it was some guy saying there was a recorded message for me from Ron Paul and John Tate about the economy or something like that ...

"May I put you through to the message?"

"Sure."

"Thank you."

... [dead air]

I hung up after a minute or so. Anyone else have this happen?Same thing but after the dead air the phone rang and RP introduced Tate.

It was exciting to hear RP's voice on my phone but this is my cell and I'm a county coordinator for C4L already.

LittleLightShining
03-04-2009, 01:54 PM
kind of felt it was my duty to listen to the whole thing so I could report what I thought about the quality of the message/spending of money. (don't know what automated calls that last 5 minutes before checking to see if someone's on the line then transferring to a 3rd party credit card collector costs)

Ron's and John's portions were both scripted, but well written, although long winded. Many references to 'Obama, Pelosi, and Reid' and at one point Tate said something like 'you and I both know Washington Republicans can't be counted on to have a spine on these issues' and 'CFL is the only organization beholden to NO party'.
I listened for a long time but then I hung up. I wanted to stay on but it was soooo long.

Good analysis, though.

mdmarino
03-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Someone called and asked for me. But they called my husband's work cell phone#. I am confused as to where they got that phone# - it's somewhat concerning. I don't recall ever giving that number out. Anyway, whoever it was didn't want to talk to my husband (although he said "I like Ron Paul, too. You can talk to me"). She just say 'ok we'll call her back later' and hung up. Seems like a missed opportunity on their part. Strange.