PDA

View Full Version : The (unofficial) anthem

JoshuaEagle
09-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Ive been following Ron Pauls campaign for quite awhile now and have always talked my friends and associates ears off about Ron Paul. And besides the few die hard liberals, about 99% of them have converted!!!! I was very lucky recently that my last visit to my familys place in Arkansas coincided with the Iowa straw poll (about an 8 hour drive), and having already converted my dad, there was no other option then for us to trip out there and yell and support our hearts out! I had the time of my life out there and even met some folks that drove 50 some hours round trip from jersey to show their support!! Talk about loving your country!!! Ive also tattered my beautiful truck with magnets and stickers of all the ron paul variety....... I get stares and waves and honks galore!!! But all this time Ive known that in order to beat the establishment candidates you need lots of money.Personally I have not been in the position to donate money (i barely scrape enough for food) being a struggling musician. I also hear TONS of people saying they cant afford to help monetarily but REALLY wish they could. So I had a light bulb go off. I wrote an "our country" type song called " Ron's Paulitics(our country)" and I am selling it for 99cents per download here-http://joshuaeagle.blogspot.com/

You can listen to a 30 second preview in the player to get an idea of the song, its very upbeat and kinda rootsy. It has a positive message and a great hook(chorus). AND-
Half of all the money made from this song will be donated to Ron Paul on behalf of ALL of us!!! Almost Everyone can spare a dollar right? and theres 50,000+ of us right?? so if my math is correct thats about 30,000$ that could go straight to the campaign in this increasingly crucial time!!! And If it skyrockets, I will be giving MUCH more than half to the campaign, for I truly believe that the good dr. can save us- as long as we all stand behind him!!!! Keep spreading the word of freedom and liberty and stay vigilant to your cause and beliefs!!!
Joshua Eagle

brandon
09-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Half of all the money made from this song will be donated to Ron Paul on behalf of ALL of us!!! Almost Everyone can spare a dollar right? and theres 50,000+ of us right?? so if my math is correct thats about 30,000$ that could go straight to the campaign in this increasingly crucial time!!!

No your math is incorrect. Half of 50,000 is 25,000, not 30,000. Also i dont like the idea of you personally making 25,000$ for writting one song and then mooching off a freedom movement.

JoshuaEagle
09-15-2007, 02:14 PM
thats why I said that if it sky rockets I would give more- I dont need money, Dr.Paul does. Thats why Im doing this. I am by no means a mooch.......:)

LibertyEagle
09-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Joshua,

I think it is great that you wrote this song, but the vast majority of us have donated to the campaign until our eyes are about ready to pop out and then we give some more for grassroots TV ads, radio ads, newspaper ads, printing up literature, etc. I realize you would like some money from your effort for yourself, but if we have money, I think most of us are going to spend it on the campaign. No offense.

If you want to help the campaign and you think that this song might be useful to them, or to the grassroots, it seems to me that the best thing to do is donate it freely.

Man from La Mancha
09-15-2007, 02:18 PM
How much money per song does the internet provider charge you?

JoshuaEagle
09-15-2007, 02:19 PM
I believe they charge me 10-20 cents. I just opened the account yesterday so Im not COMPLETELY sure, but I can double check.

JoshuaEagle
09-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Joshua,
If you want to help the campaign and you think that this song might be useful to them, or to the grassroots, it seems to me that the best thing to do is donate it freely.

I have- I sent it to RP radio, and HQ- all royalty free, even offered up the copyrigyht......

JoshuaEagle
09-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Joshua,

but if we have money, I think most of us are going to spend it on the campaign. No offense.

But what about the people who cant even afford to send a 25$ check, but want to do whatever they can?? this is a great opporotunity for them to feel like they were able to contribute! and its only a buck:)

LibertyEagle
09-15-2007, 02:27 PM
But what about the people who cant even afford to send a 25$ check, but want to do whatever they can?? this is a great opporotunity for them to feel like they were able to contribute! and its only a buck:)

If they "donate" a buck, 50 cents goes to the campaign; the other 50 cents goes to you. If the goal is to benefit the campaign, I would wait until I could donate 5 or 10 bucks and paypal it to the campaign directly. That way, they would get the entire amount. But, that's just me. Maybe others will feel differently.

JoshuaEagle
09-15-2007, 02:33 PM
If they "donate" a buck, 50 cents goes to the campaign; the other 50 cents goes to you. If the goal is to benefit the campaign, I would wait until I could donate 5 or 10 bucks and paypal it to the campaign directly. That way, they would get the entire amount. But, that's just me. Maybe others will feel differently.

I guess I should've worded the op better.... Im going to give 50cents per dollar to the campaign and after my fees and all I will get 15 cents a download- I am not set to make big profits on this, and neither is that my motive. But along with the dollar dont forget that you get something that will last forever!! Its more about the music than anything- and I also figured I could give an opporotunity to those like me who havent really had one yet......

jpa
09-15-2007, 03:14 PM
People should be rewarded for their creativity / hard work. That is the libratarian, American way.

$0.15 - $0.25 per download is a modest profit.

Awesome song Joshua!

LibertyEagle
09-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I am not a Libertarian.

JoshuaEagle
09-15-2007, 03:23 PM
People should be rewarded for their creativity / hard work. That is the libratarian, American way.

$0.15 - $0.25 per download is a modest profit.

Awesome song Joshua!

THANK YOU kind sir!!! though profit is not my pursuit......

jm1776
09-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Awesome song Joshua, thanks! I hope it goes platinum!

- jim