PDA

View Full Version : Legislation: Stimulus Bill LINE ITEM DETAILS: WOW!

Mani
03-04-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm sorry if this has been posted before, I haven't seen it.

This is an amazing site. It shows where all the money goes, it will make you sick when you see exactly what money is going for what projects IT IS A JOKE.

I looked up some of the project in my area and I couldn't believe it. Roads that are small residential roads with only a bit of residential traffic and the roads are in satisfactory condition! NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM! But they are being repaved for $450K! WHY!?!?!?!

It's crazy!!!

In Miami, there are THREE AQUATIC CENTERS! $10MILLION EACH!!! BECAUSE THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH PLACES TO SWIM IN MIAMI!!!!

Well, there's the atlantic ocean surrounding more than half the state, but that doesn't really count, what am I thinking??

http://www.stimuluswatch.org/

Danke
03-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Roads that are small residential roads with only a bit of residential traffic and the roads are in satisfactory condition! NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM! But they are being repaved for $450K! WHY!?!?!?!

To take the weight of armored vehicles?

Mani
03-04-2009, 09:18 AM
I remember now Obama was standing with a bunch of city mayors around him right before he was elected and Mayor Manny Diaz of Miami was with him, it made the news down here.

Well NO WONDER! Mayor Manny's getting hundreds and hundreds of MILLIONS of dollars and BILLIONS for the most ridiculous projects! And no WONDER GL Governor Charlie Christ is even fighting with his own state republicans in favor of the stimulus bill, BECAUSE HIS STATE IS GETTING 1/5th of the MONEY!!

I don't know the exact amount but FL has some of the biggest projects in the entire bill.

Check out your area, do any of those projects seem critical to you?

ItsTime
03-04-2009, 09:19 AM
omg Im looking at this list! Doorbells create 2 jobs for 99,000?!?! 600,000,000 creates only 65 jobs?!?! My head is going to explode.

ZERO JOBS CREATED FOR ONLY 1,500,000! WTF?!

Look under "all time most active" it will make your head explode.

0 JOBS CREATED FOR ONLY 20,000,000! DOWNTOWN QUITE ZONE? WTF?!?!

LittleLightShining
03-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Is this complete? Apparently Burlington is the only place in VT that is getting any stimulus money.

ItsTime
03-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Is this complete? Apparently Burlington is the only place in VT that is getting any stimulus money.

VT has some of the shittiest roads I have ever seen. Im surprised if they dont get more money.

Maybe Okemo and other big ski resorts dont have their fingers in the federal government as much as they do local and state. Those bastards control the court systems in VT. It is rather sick. Do a little research and you will see how f-ed the civilians of Vt are getting by Okemo ski resort.

acptulsa
03-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Hmmm... A quarter million to create one job investigating the possibility of getting us Amtrak? How impressive is that?

Looks like we'll be getting that highway through the pretty hills west of town. It will connect one extremely poor area of town to another--few businesses to visit on either end--and it will run parallel to two other highways--U.S. 75 some three miles to the east and state highway 97 some four miles to the west. Not too vital, no.

A Boulder Avenue Bridge? Seriously? Where the hell is that supposed to go--right next to a serviceable bridge less than twenty years old, or way down south where there's nothing but McMansions, horse ranches and a Kimberley Clark plant?

Infrastructure toward light rail. Will we ever get the light rail, too? I doubt it...

Tulsa can live without all of it.

slacker921
03-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Want to get really angry? Take the amount per taxpayer that the stimulus cost, multiply that by the number of taxpayers in your city - then compare that to the amount your city is getting back... and the number of jobs created.

Don't be surprised if your city is getting 1/3 or less of the money back.. and don't be surprised if you're paying more than $350,000/job

acptulsa
03-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Don't be surprised if your city is getting 1/3 or less of the money back.. and don't be surprised if you're paying more than $350,000/job

Saw part of a debate in California played on the News Hour last evening. One liberal was arguing vehemenently that we can't just create jobs, we have to do things efficiently. Now, that's funny enough--government efficiency--but it is indicative of where their heads are. They see a chance to have their own New Deal and they don't want simple make-work stuff like FDR had to settle for. They don't want people being paid to quarry the granite and cut it by hand, a' la the thirties. They want to spend twice as much as we couldn't afford back then (when our credit was good) and completely change the face of this nation. Presumably, they want to make it into an imitation of Europe...

ItsTime
03-04-2009, 09:45 AM
anyone have a list of zero job creation and the cost of those?

Mani
03-04-2009, 10:11 AM
You won't believe this one:

http://www.stimuluswatch.org/project/view/3837?disqus_reply=6872465#comment-6872465

Miracle Mile $9.5 million STREETSCAPE.

Ok, here's the thing. Miracle mile is in Coral Gables, one of the wealthiest neighborhood is Miami, probably in FL. There are boutique stores and high end restaurants and the streets are lined with Mercedes, BMW's, etc.

The street is already in BEAUTIFUL condition.

It's like taking a street paved with silver, and ripping them out and paving them with platinum! And the best part is, THE NEIGHBORHOOD COULD PAY FOR PAVING WITH PLATINUM ANYWAY!!!!

AAAAAHHHH!!!!!!