PDA

View Full Version : Article by the guy who invited Ron Paul to speak at SAIS

Stealth4
09-15-2007, 01:41 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-guttman/ron-paul-the-real-rock_b_64479.html

Obviously there are about 3 paragraphs in there that made my blood boil, but he has some nice things to say. I think this is a blog not a real newspaper article and therefore he really puts his opinions in there.

Guttman I believe ran for office as a democrat previously, but lost. I dont know his whole history. I went to that event at SAIS and his facial expressions showed that he disagreed with much of what Dr. Paul had to say, BUT

- He did invite him to speak at his institute and opened it to the public

- Ron Paul was allowed to speak without interruption

- He has some nice things to say about him

The audio of the event at SAIS is still up on the college website http://www.sais-jhu.edu/ in the center of the page, its 1 hour long, but it is a very worthwhile listen.

People who disagree with Dr. Paul even before they meet him wont change their opinion overnight or after listening to him speak once. Therefore I have a positive outlook on Guttman and his article.

And of course we all know what Dr. Paul has a chance of winning the republican nomination.

LibertyEagle
09-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Here is one of the comments.

He believes in giving the power to the states to control things like the abortion decision, and that no level of government has the power to take care of regulating at least some of the things that need to be regulated to keep the environment and the economy healthy. The concept of collectivizing human affairs for the benefit of all of us goes against the grain of his interpretation of the Constitution.

(He is absolutely right about ending abuses of our use of our military, but little of anything else he favors has near the same level of polular support.)

HIS interpretation??? Oh geez.

sickmint79
09-15-2007, 04:33 PM
"If we hadn't had troops in the Middle East for the last 50 years terrorists wouldn't have attacked us on 9-11" is a preposterous statement.

how could a guy that's been there be so blind to israeli history and us support of their current crimes?