PDA

View Full Version : I love paying taxes

nicholascoppola
03-03-2009, 10:38 PM
If I could, I would have our entire system of tax be regressive, that way I could pay more!

constitutional
03-03-2009, 10:41 PM
I lub mai taxes! lub mai taxes!

Danke
03-03-2009, 10:43 PM
If I could, I would have our entire system of tax be regressive, that way I could pay more!

If you have the money, nothing is preventing you from paying more, they will happily take your extra change.

Dr.3D
03-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Sure, most people love being robbed too. :rolleyes:

Thrashertm
03-03-2009, 11:12 PM
peace is war
freedom is slavery

Paulitician
03-03-2009, 11:16 PM
If you have the money, nothing is preventing you from paying more, they will happily take your extra change.
rofl

Kludge
03-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Tax labor, not money. Labor should be mandatory and money should not exist as it gives people the illusion that they can own something without permission from the State.

gls
03-03-2009, 11:27 PM

Of course, it's an easy three step method! According to the Bureau of the Public Debt, http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/

Please follow these important steps to make a contribution to reduce the debt.

1. Make check payable to the "Bureau of the Public Debt"

2. In the memo section of the check, make sure you write "Gift to reduce the Debt Held by the Public "

3. Mail check to -

ATTN DEPT G
BUREAU OF THE PUBLIC DEBT
P O BOX 2188
PARKERSBURG, WV 26106-2188

Truth Warrior
03-04-2009, 02:27 AM
:cool: You can pay mine too. Think how good you'll feel. Glad I can help. :)

misterx
03-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Me too! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to do my civic duty. Aren't I a good little citizen? Because of me other people are able to feed their 14 children while I have none.

nicholascoppola
03-04-2009, 10:55 AM
:cool: You can pay mine too. Think how good you'll feel. Glad I can help. :)

Gee thanks! Although I probably won't be able to pay off all of your amount, I'll just take out a loan from our wonderful banks that always think of the people!

Truth Warrior
03-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Gee thanks! Although I probably won't be able to pay off all of your amount, I'll just take out a loan from our wonderful banks that always think of the people! Maybe the Fed will bail you out. ;) :D

heavenlyboy34
03-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Since you guys are feeling so generous, please pay off my student loans while you're at it. ;)

Freedom 4 all
03-04-2009, 11:05 AM
The sad thing is, where I live anyways, a lot of people say that and actually mean it.

heavenlyboy34
03-04-2009, 11:07 AM
The sad thing is, where I live anyways, a lot of people say that and actually mean it.

I've known people like that too. :(

Truth Warrior
03-04-2009, 11:08 AM
The sad thing is, where I live anyways, a lot of people say that and actually mean it. It's just part of the standard basic "brainwashing" programmed mantras talking there.<IMHO> :(

ItsTime
03-04-2009, 11:10 AM
I actually got a return this year. I dont even feel good taking it! I dont want other peoples money. I just want to keep mine.

I can not believe how little I made last year. But I barely felt it because I live so beneath my means.

nicholascoppola
03-04-2009, 11:18 AM
I actually got a return this year. I dont even feel good taking it! I dont want other peoples money. I just want to keep mine.

I can not believe how little I made last year. But I barely felt it because I live so beneath my means.

Just feel comfort in the fact that your money helped buy bombs that kill civilians and bail out wealthy people! Sure makes me feel happy!

krazy kaju
03-04-2009, 02:42 PM
You know what you can do? Donate all of your money to the government, and because of the shittiness of deductions, you'll still have to pay more!

ihsv
03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
This has got to be one of the weirdest polls ever to appear on the RP forums :p

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 04:27 PM
I have made the pledge at this site: http://www.slaveuprising.com/
Any questions?

voytechs
03-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Is this poll a trick question?

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Is this poll a trick question?

Are you being racist? ;):D

nicholascoppola
03-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Looks like the majority of the people here sure do love paying taxes.

Danke
03-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Looks like the majority of the people here sure do love paying taxes.

21 people makes a majority?

Not a real poll anyway, missing the key question.

Natalie
03-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I love taxes, and I love Obama.

Danke
03-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I love taxes, and I love Obama.

No longer the "Coolest Member"

Natalie
03-04-2009, 05:34 PM
No longer the "Coolest Member"

oops I thought this was theobamaforum.com :confused::o

theoakman
03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm curious to what members of this forum think of an estate tax for the extremely wealthy. I've often tried to argue with people that this country needs an estate tax for a number of reasons, something like limiting the amount of money able to be passed down to next of kin at 100 million dollars (crude number).

1. In my opinion, it doesn't undermine capitalism because it's a tax on dead people. Nearly all of the ultra rich have shown that, for some reason, they will still try to make more and more money despite the fact that they cannot increase their standard of living by making more money and they would probably increase their standard of living simply by retiring, which they never do.

2. It helps curtail the aristocracy effect that exists in this country. The children of rich parents can still live off the wealth of their parents but they won't have enough money to control major political elections or buy elections for themselves. Allowing people to pass massive amounts of wealth down through generations of a family, which far exceed the levels needed to live the highest possible living standard on earth for centuries creates a privileged class. If they truly want to be able to pass massive amounts of wealth down to their family, a 100 million dollars in start up capital should be enough for them to run a successful business to do so.

3. We can get tax relief for the other 99% of America.

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm curious to what members of this forum think of an estate tax for the extremely wealthy. I've often tried to argue with people that this country needs an estate tax for a number of reasons, something like limiting the amount of money able to be passed down to next of kin at 100 million dollars (crude number).

1. In my opinion, it doesn't undermine capitalism because it's a tax on dead people. Nearly all of the ultra rich have shown that, for some reason, they will still try to make more and more money despite the fact that they cannot increase their standard of living by making more money and they would probably increase their standard of living simply by retiring, which they never do.

2. It helps curtail the aristocracy effect that exists in this country. The children of rich parents can still live off the wealth of their parents but they won't have enough money to control major political elections or buy elections for themselves. Allowing people to pass massive amounts of wealth down through generations of a family, which far exceed the levels needed to live the highest possible living standard on earth for centuries creates a privileged class. If they truly want to be able to pass massive amounts of wealth down to their family, a 100 million dollars in start up capital should be enough for them to run a successful business to do so.

3. We can get tax relief for the other 99% of America.

If you don't have the right to take someone's money, how can you bestow that power unto the government?

You have the right to defend your life and property, thus you can give that power to the government.

phill4paul
03-04-2009, 06:13 PM
I honestly don't believe that 61.90% voted Yes while only 38.10% voted YES.

I thought this was a Liberty forums?

theoakman
03-04-2009, 06:31 PM
If you don't have the right to take someone's money, how can you bestow that power unto the government?

You have the right to defend your life and property, thus you can give that power to the government.

Yeah, but do the dead have rights? That's the question. This is a tax on dead people and has nothing to do with life or liberty IMO. Another one is: Does this undermine liberty at all? In my opinion, if you capped someone's inheritence at 100 million dollars, you didn't take anything away from them because at that point, they already have the highest standard of living humanly possible. The standard of living between one who has 100 million dollars is no different than one who has 1 billion dollars and allowing a person to keep an extra 900 million isn't going to change that. I don't think you've realistically taken anything away from them.

JP Morgan in the 1800s and early 1900s clearly demonstrated to us how someone with way too much money can literally impose on the freedoms of an entire population. If we want to limit the power of government officials, we should also limit the power of unelected people who can control way too much wealth and have even more power than government officials.

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah, but do the dead have rights? That's the question. This is a tax on dead people and has nothing to do with life or liberty IMO. Another one is: Does this undermine liberty at all? In my opinion, if you capped someone's inheritence at 100 million dollars, you didn't take anything away from them because at that point, they already have the highest standard of living humanly possible. The standard of living between one who has 100 million dollars is no different than one who has 1 billion dollars and allowing a person to keep an extra 900 million isn't going to change that. I don't think you've realistically taken anything away from them.

It doesn't matter if the dead have rights.
You don't have the right to take what isn't yours, and neither does the government.

theoakman
03-04-2009, 06:42 PM
It doesn't matter if the dead have rights.
You don't have the right to take what isn't yours, and neither does the government.

the government is authorized to tax. And what about my argument that you aren't really taking anything from the individual?

Standing Like A Rock
03-04-2009, 06:52 PM
I abstain from this poll due because I cannot truthfully respond.

DamianTV
03-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I dont think its about the tax itself. Its about why they want us to pay taxes.

To me, it just doesnt make any sense to hire someone to rebuild a house that has suffered fire damage if the house is still on fire! While the arsonist is in charge of the Fire Department!

LibForestPaul
03-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Don't care about "paying" taxes?

I care about government spending.
Every dollar the government spends, is one less dollar for freedom.
I care about Fed Currency Devaluation.
Every extra dollar the Fed conjures forth, is one extra dollar required to stay afloat.