PDA

View Full Version : Video on Immigration for Ron Paul

Brian4Liberty
09-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Ron Paul recently did an interview about immigration. Some of his responses indicated that he has not seen the real picture.

http://vdare.com/misc/070912_paul.htm

Just as the media twists and hides information about Ron Paul, they also do the same about the "legal" importation of cheaper labor. Big business wants to dilute the labor pool, and drive down wages. They lie and cheat to achieve that goal. They lobby the government, and the media puts out the false information. It's an organized disinformation campaign. The bottom line of their propaganda is "we have a worker shortage"or "we can't find an American for this job" or "it's a job American's won't do".

The root cause of the growing income gap in America is limitless importation of legal and illegal workers, at the expense of the average American, for the benefit of the very few at the top. It's supply and demand. Increase the supply of workers, and reduce wages. Take power away from the middle class, concentrate it at the top.

It would be great if Ron Paul could be shown the video below. It's a moment they didn't want captured, but it represents corporate policy throughout America. It's a seminar on how companies can cheat to get visas and green cards:

http://www.youtube.com/programmersguild

or

http://blog.vdare.com/archives/2007/06/19/cohen-grigsby-youtubevideo-available/

Lord Xar
09-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Yes, good point. I believe somebody could show him this.... I heard him mention that he uses the internet alot..

Yes, he should be shown this.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Ron Paul should have said "I want to eliminate the "corporate status" in America" :D

Brian4Liberty
09-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I believe that Ron Paul is one of the best candidates on the issue of immigration. (His only competition on this issue is Tancredo). I believe that if he becomes aware of the true situation, and sees the abuse of the system, he would take action. It's just a matter of seeing past the lies of "Americans are uneducated" and "we can't find any Americans to do the work."

On the other hand, the other Republican (and probably Democrat) candidates could see fraud in the visa programs and continue to support it. Their corporate sponsors would insist on that. Most of them consider themselves part of the corporate elite anyway. Full partners in the Military/Industrial/Congressional (and Media) Complex.

It is interesting to note that Spencer Abraham is now working on the Fred Thompson campaign. For a little history on Spencer:

- He was elected Senator in Michigan. After his election, he because the single biggest Congressional lobbyist for companies that wanted more importation of cheap labor. Mostly companies located outside his state, on the west coast.

- Needless to say, he only lasted one term, before losing the next election, based on his status as head corporate shill.

- As soon as Bush was elected, Spencer was named Secretary of Energy. His new position was Shill in Chief for the Oil Companies.

- Now he's working for Fred Thompson. No surprise there.

Brian4Liberty
09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
From the Ron Paul interview:

"Q - What is your view on legal immigration?

RP - I think it depends on our economy. If we have a healthy economy, I think we could be very generous on work programs. People come in, fulfill their role and go back home...

Q- Is the economy healthy enough right now?

RP - No. I don’t think so. I think the economy is going downhill. People are feeling pinched—in the middle, much more pinched than the government is willing to admit. Their standard of living is going down..."

This is anecdotal, but I saw many Americans laid-off and replaced by H1-B and L-1 visa holders. Many Americans could no longer find jobs in their industry. All who did find work had to take drastic pay cuts. Many of them changed profession. The main profession of choice: the real estate and mortgage industry. But that job is over for them now...

With the difficulties in the economy, combined with the blatant and rampant immigration fraud perpetrated by cheap-labor seeking industries, I have no doubt that Ron Paul will make the right choices on the issue of immigration.