PDA

View Full Version : British Police Sent to Philadelphia

RestoreTheRepublic
03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20090303_Unusual_sight_at_30th_Street_Station__Bri tish_police_on_patrol_.html

Interesting story, the wily Brits are back to subdue the rebels and reclaim what is rightfully theirs! :p

Zolah
03-03-2009, 01:41 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20090303_Unusual_sight_at_30th_Street_Station__Bri tish_police_on_patrol_.html

Interesting story, the wily Brits are back to subdue the rebels and reclaim what is rightfully theirs! :p

By the look of that picture I'd say they were in town to reclaim some Philly cheese steaks for the empire :p

TonySutton
03-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Philly cops teaching the Brits? Those guys will all get in trouble when they get back to England. Philly cops don't play by the same rules as everyone else :P

Bruno
03-03-2009, 01:43 PM
This must be part of that very special relationship we have with Britain. Now they are sending their police to our cities? Nice.

RestoreTheRepublic
03-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Philly cops teaching the Brits? Those guys will all get in trouble when they get back to England. Philly cops don't play by the same rules as everyone else :P

Having lived in Philadelphia for four years this is certainly the truth...although part of me understands their position seeing as though every patrol car that goes through North Philly gets shot at on a daily basis...

brandon
03-03-2009, 02:13 PM

I'm sitting in my car at spring garden and broad right now, listening to british people on NPR! They are taking us over! :eek: :D

ihsv
03-03-2009, 02:52 PM
The British are coming!

Carry some tea bags to bribe yourself out of trouble :p

Original_Intent
03-03-2009, 03:13 PM
The British are coming!

Carry some tea bags to bribe yourself out of trouble :p

Teabag the British!

tmg19103
03-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Ah, but this is not the first time the Brits have visited the Philadelphia Police...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FY-ZGoZyzU

akihabro
03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
See the article...the bobby brought his video camera...Big brother is watching...well once they review the tape. The infiltration has come to the west coast as well. One of the police officers on the Pasadena police has a thick British accent. I have yet to see him in his neon yellow jacket. I'm sure he's just a regular cop lol. I wonder what the public thought. I'd wish someone would have stood up and said "HEY! We kicked your ass 232 years ago. You want some more!? GET OUT!"
They might have been arrested though

Chosen
03-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Along with heavily-armed Amtrak police, the unarmed British Transport Police officers - don't call them Bobbies - screened the baggage of train passengers bound for New York City and Washington D.C.I cannot accept that.

akihabro
03-04-2009, 03:11 AM
I cannot accept that.

Can't accept that they actually screened passengers or meaning you would have stood there waiting for a police officer with actual juristicion?

RestoreTheRepublic
03-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Hahah that video clip of Ali G is hilarious...there is another one on youtube where the BBC does a documentary about crime in America and some refined Brit is sent into the streets of Philly...everytime they get out of the car it looks like he is gonna piss his pants lol

Zolah
03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Hahah that video clip of Ali G is hilarious...there is another one on youtube where the BBC does a documentary about crime in America and some refined Brit is sent into the streets of Philly...everytime they get out of the car it looks like he is gonna piss his pants lol

Louis Theroux is the refined British guy :p He just constantly looks like he's gonna piss his pants, but he does do many scary things...he lived with the Phelps family for his series too if I remember right (the 'God hates gays' church that protests at soldiers funerals, etc.)

RestoreTheRepublic
03-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Louis Theroux is the refined British guy :p He just constantly looks like he's gonna piss his pants, but he does do many scary things...he lived with the Phelps family for his series too if I remember right (the 'God hates gays' church that protests at soldiers funerals, etc.)

haha yea thats him Louis Theroux...it was a pretty cool documentary...i had no idea he lived with the Phelps family though...i need to find that segment ASAP for some enjoyment :D