PDA

View Full Version : GE-Bankruptcy Soon?

InPaulWeTrust
03-03-2009, 12:49 PM
In light of GE's precipitous decline in its PPS and profits, what happens?

An interesting chain of events nonetheless...

1-GE Fails/Bankruptcy

2-GE owns NBC (MSNBC,CNBC)/Kudlow, Cramer, Radigan, Olberman (Jobless?)

3-CNBC ends programming? Fox Business wins over along with Bloomberg?

I just had this thought. Of course though, if GE gets even close to bankruptcy the Obama Administration will bail it out. Considering it is "too big to fail". It employs too many Americans, and too many Jobs around the world. No no, do not let up and comers who have been smart with their money such as competitor Siemens, buy up its liquidated assets and create new jobs, or others to do the same.

The Gov't will bail it out because I believe GE donated millions to Obama's campaign, and since CNBC and MSNBC seem to mainly be the mouthpiece of the Obama team and they seem to think Obama for the most part can do no wrong, this is propaganda that they cannot afford to "let fail".

Any comments? Just my .02 on GE.

Cowlesy
03-03-2009, 12:52 PM
GE will get bailed out if it ever got that bad.

If we bailout automakers, we'll certainly bailout GE.

ihsv
03-03-2009, 01:07 PM
http://www.tshirtbordello.com/images/Grand-Theft-Auto-Bailout-lg.gif

MsDoodahs
03-03-2009, 01:17 PM
GE will get bailed out if it ever got that bad.

If we bailout automakers, we'll certainly bailout GE.

Yep.

Then our tax dollars will be paying Olberman's salary.

Don't that give you the warm fuzzies?

:rolleyes:

Epic
03-03-2009, 01:30 PM
If our tax dollars pay Olbermann's salary does that mean he has to be "fair" ?

I hope GE fails so bad. MSNBC is a mouthpiece for collectivism.

Kludge
03-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Wait -- I thought GE was a NWO corporation.

AJ Antimony
03-03-2009, 03:17 PM
A friend of mine was telling me the other day that he WISHED he had some extra money laying around so he could buy some super cheap GE stocks

Tsk tsk tsk...

misterx
03-03-2009, 03:33 PM
It would be nice if they sold their broadcasting unit to someone good. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

tmosley
03-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Heh, it would be funny if they were bought for a few grand by Break the Matrix.

acptulsa
03-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Why does BTM need to buy it? Why don't we?

Stock bomb? What do we have to lose? Worst that can happen is we spoil its chances for a bailout...

slacker921
03-03-2009, 03:43 PM
They're a war machinery company. no bailout needed, just a war that causes other nations to buy US weapons.

Sarge
03-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Get a load of these,

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aOh_HhReytcg&refer=home

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a.xwN23_vbTM&refer=us

If they go under a bunch of others go under.

MsDoodahs
03-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Good articles, Sarge, thanks. :)

Original_Intent
03-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Yep.

Then our tax dollars will be paying Olberman's salary.

Don't that give you the warm fuzzies?

:rolleyes:

I threw up a little in my mouth.

Sarge
03-03-2009, 04:25 PM
You are welcome.

Read this one and get ready to throw up,

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=alwTE0Z5.1EA&refer=home

It is never ending, on the potential for destruction these idiots have brought upon us all.

Agent CSL
03-03-2009, 05:33 PM
GE going under would be the ultimate shit hole. What do they handle? EVERYTHING! From washing machines, home appliances, to making military equipment. This company would for sure send America under. GE is tied to everything. There's not one thing GE has that isn't tied to something else.

There is no way the US Government would let it fall. ???

AJ Antimony
03-03-2009, 05:38 PM
GE going under would be the ultimate shit hole. What do they handle? EVERYTHING! From washing machines, home appliances, to making military equipment. This company would for sure send America under. GE is tied to everything. There's not one thing GE has that isn't tied to something else.

There is no way the US Government would let it fall. ???

Better buy gold!

MsDoodahs
03-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Nah - if they went under, their parts would be sold off - and that would be a good thing.

That would be preferable to the fedgov propping them up.

GE did some stupid ignorant stuff.

Let the unsuccessful go bye bye - which gives their smaller more successful competitors THE CHANCE to take over their parts and run with 'em.

That's how it is supposed to work.

The gov't propping them up after they did stupid ignorant stuff is NOT the way it is supposed to work.

acptulsa
03-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Bump for a proxy bomb.

Come on, people. They make appliances, locomotives, jet engines--they aren't just in finance and media. What are the odds that this company will never pay another dividend? And if it will recover and pay a dividend, what have we got to lose? Nothing!

Just as long as we get our proxies in order, we could (at these prices) take that monolith and seed its board of directors. We have the numbers and I think enough of those numbers have the money. Anyone see a problem?

Do we want to control a chunk of the msm or don't we?

ILUVRP
03-04-2009, 09:01 AM
GE now $6.00 / share

It will take the everything down with it.:)

There goes CNBC stock options.:D

GE could save 900 trillion dollars by getting rid of 90% of the stupid people on CNBC.:rolleyes:

Ethek
03-04-2009, 09:10 AM
The ENTIRE market is hanging on the fate of GE right now. If over the next couple of days it holds and if Bern/Giethner/Obama can keep their mouths shut, we will rally until the wheels come off (spectacularly) somewhere down the tracks. Otherwise we stagnate for a week or two then continue the grand death spiral.

slacker921
03-04-2009, 09:11 AM
If there's a billionaire reading this.... (heh) .. it's time to walk up to GE and ask them how much they'd take for CNBC.

On a more serious note, I wonder what happens to CNBC if GE does go dark and there's no buyer for it? It goes dark? It would be a strange day to hear the bobbleheads saying goodbye..

Johnnybags
03-04-2009, 09:18 AM
subsidize them. We already back some debt thru FDIC. We will spend billions on GE due to "national security" issues. They will never let any of the donors go quietly that make the political machine work. Of course mom and pop shareholders will be picked clean. ALL this crap ends when noone buys US Treasuries, not until. Then its Uncle Ben to print to keep it going til hyper inflation kicks in. Then its martial law once the sheople revolt.

MrNick
03-04-2009, 09:37 AM
The government will not allow GE to go bankrupt. My friend had or maybe still has several thousand dollars in GE stock, I advised her a while ago to pull out but I'm not sure if she did.

MsDoodahs
03-04-2009, 09:47 AM
subsidize them. We already back some debt thru FDIC. We will spend billions on GE due to "national security" issues. They will never let any of the donors go quietly that make the political machine work. Of course mom and pop shareholders will be picked clean. ALL this crap ends when noone buys US Treasuries, not until. Then its Uncle Ben to print to keep it going til hyper inflation kicks in. Then its martial law once the sheople revolt.

My headache came back when I read that.

:(

ILUVRP
03-04-2009, 09:58 AM
The ENTIRE market is hanging on the fate of GE right now. If over the next couple of days it holds and if Bern/Giethner/Obama can keep their mouths shut, we will rally until the wheels come off (spectacularly) somewhere down the tracks. Otherwise we stagnate for a week or two then continue the grand death spiral.

Couldn't agree more. I bought some GE at 6.21 for a quick trade.

The question is : Is the market going up because GE jumped off the lows , or did GE bounce because the mkt rallied ?

Athan
03-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Ha ha ha.. it couldn't happen to worse scum!

bunklocoempire
03-04-2009, 07:41 PM
The standard bail-out and carbon credit scheme. G.E. will be fine.

pssst... wanna by some carbon credits?

Bunkloco

HOLLYWOOD
03-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Well, if GE goes into cost cutting mode...

I will have the biggest frigin party of the Wild Wild West if, MSNBC and CNBC are Cancelled~!

All here invited. ;)

Politicallore
03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
"TO BIG TO GO BANKRUPT!!!
'

arrg...

rockjoa
03-05-2009, 05:59 AM
I predict them becoming a bank or getting bailed out since they do offer loans and can play the job card.

So Politicians will say something like this, "Blah blah blah, GE big, blah blah blah, original DOW, blah blah blah, 300,000 jobs, blah blah blah, preforms some bank functions, blah blah blah, systemic risk, blah blah blah, too big to fail, Blah, so here's billions.