PDA

View Full Version : I'm officially a trader!

brandon
03-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Finally got around to opening a Scottrade account.

I'm playing with money I can afford to lose but would prefer not to (obviously).

I'm thinking about putting in a limit buy order for 250 shares of DXO @ $1.75. OPEC will most likely be announcing production cutbacks on the 13th and oil appears to already be way oversold.

opinions?

Also a quick question for others who trade online. If I put in a limit buy/sell order that is never executed, do I still have to pay the commission/fees?

Ethek
03-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Finally got around to opening a Scottrade account.

I'm playing with money I can afford to lose but would prefer not to (obviously).

I'm thinking about putting in a limit buy order for 250 shares of DXO @ $1.75. OPEC will most likely be announcing production cutbacks on the 13th and oil appears to already be way oversold.

opinions?

Also a quick question for others who trade online. If I put in a limit buy/sell order that is never executed, do I still have to pay the commission/fees?

No you do not have to pay the fees. At least with Ameritrade

As far as DXO I held some but sold out of it early last week. Wasn't behaving quite right. You have to watch Exxon (XOM) . The company is a big fraud imho thats getting propped up by people with money because its one of the pillars of the market right now. To me it should be around $30 It is over valued even if oil seems like it isn't.

The market should be rallying... and oil with it. But its not. Its a sick puppy. Golds not quite at a bottom but it will be over the next couple weeks. The market is likely sideways or down trending for a couple weeks. I'm new and I think Ive just been lucky.

Ive made about 10% and could have been up 30% but I have learned allot and what Ive learned has me in an all cash position right now.

Josh_LA
03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
I'll probably do it soon too.

Keep me updated!

constitutional
03-03-2009, 02:34 PM
I'll probably do it soon too.

Keep me updated!

Oh boy, a big player coming into the town. There's definitely going to be huge swings in the coming days, months, years!

All hail chief Josh_LA! :p

danberkeley
03-03-2009, 03:12 PM
You guys should have bought DXo today at $2.

brandon
03-03-2009, 03:46 PM
You guys should have bought DXo today at $2.

I'm holding out for a lower price. Unemployment data is coming out on Friday and I want to see how that plays out