PDA

View Full Version : Louis Farrakhan calls on followers to continue "Obama energy"

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-03-2009, 07:12 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jGXLhxPilGxuVttW5L588O-y4uAAD96LKH200

Just thought some of you might find this interesting!

Theocrat
03-03-2009, 07:23 AM
I do agree with one thing quoted from Farrakhan's speech:

Debt is another form of slavery and oppression. It's gonna take more than a stimulus package to bring America from where she is.

I wonder what he means by that, though.

Madison
03-03-2009, 07:34 AM
"Despite a flap with the Nation of Islam on the campaign trail, the enthusiasm for Obama within the Chicago-based movement — which has embraced black nationalism since its founding in the 1930s — was used as a launching point for celebration, intellectual discussion and a call to action."

Everything you need to know about the Nation of Islam right there.

A white T-shirt with an image of Obama between Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. sold for $10.

MLK would never stand behind the agenda of NoI. Even more pathetic that they still sell the name Malcolm X after he said this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPpPNDxun0) about the Nation of Islam. Note the fact they were threatening his life shortly after he left NoI and before his assassination.

Josh_LA
03-03-2009, 11:42 AM

he means we should keep demanding that the white man pay us back for what they did centuries ago.

constituent
03-03-2009, 11:44 AM

He understands a great deal, but serves an agenda as well. As noted above, Malcolm X figured this all out shortly before his offing.

torchbearer
03-03-2009, 11:45 AM
The force!
Yes we can!~

LT for the Truth
03-03-2009, 12:01 PM
He understands a great deal, but serves an agenda as well. As noted above, Malcolm X figured this all out shortly before his offing.

so true, I just saw youtubes clips of him speaking about the International Bankers, Federal Reserve System etc. yeah, he sold out

Theocrat
03-03-2009, 12:33 PM
he means we should keep demanding that the white man pay us back for what they did centuries ago.

Now that you mention it, that would seem to be a motive of Farrakhan's to get America to "where she needs to be." I wonder if Farrakhan's idea of a stimulus package would include appropriations for reparations.

Theocrat
03-03-2009, 12:34 PM

What agenda would that be?

constituent
03-03-2009, 12:35 PM
What agenda would that be?

I don't say this often, but on that one you'd have to ask the man himself.

BlackTerrel
03-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Farrakhan is a hustler and racist of the worst order. I could produce a quote sheet a mile long but don't need to. I have come across NOI types in my day and their cause is nothing but racism in its purest form.

The Nation of Islam actually believes that whites are an evil race of devils who were created by an evil black scientist named Yakub. That's what they actually believe - seriously.

The sad thing is that he actually gets a platform to air his views. I also think it's hypocritical that black celebrities and rappers can embrace Farrakhan (for instance Snoop Dogg recently announced that he joined) and not get any flak for it. If a white person joined the KKK they'd be rightfully shunned, and I would advocate the same for blacks who join the NOI. At the very least make them defend their Yakub theory.

constituent
03-03-2009, 07:19 PM
At the very least make them defend their Yakub theory.

I think that's fair enough, the rest i'd pretty much dismiss outright.

Josh_LA
03-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Now that you mention it, that would seem to be a motive of Farrakhan's to get America to "where she needs to be." I wonder if Farrakhan's idea of a stimulus package would include appropriations for reparations.

The fact he endorses Obama over Ron Paul says YES.

Absolute proof Obama is a black person and Farrakhan is a racist (not a voice for justice).

BlackTerrel
03-04-2009, 06:56 PM
The fact he endorses Obama over Ron Paul says YES.

Absolute proof Obama is a black person and Farrakhan is a racist (not a voice for justice).

It didn't give it away when he claimed that white people were an evil race of devils created by an evil black scientist named Yakub? Or that he was called up to a spaceship controlled by black people who told him that the white race would soon be wiped out (all of this was told to me by NOI members - straightfaced).

Farrakhan is just trying to get leverage off of Obama. Black people are euphoric about Obama and if he publicly went against him it would destroy a lot of his support. Doubt he actually cares about Obama - just knows his constituents will turn if he doesn't support him.

Trigonx
03-04-2009, 07:19 PM
haha

Snoop dogg joins the NoI

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/mar/02/snoop-dogg-nation-islam

Mini-Me
03-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Farrakhan is a hustler and racist of the worst order. I could produce a quote sheet a mile long but don't need to. I have come across NOI types in my day and their cause is nothing but racism in its purest form.

The Nation of Islam actually believes that whites are an evil race of devils who were created by an evil black scientist named Yakub. That's what they actually believe - seriously.

The sad thing is that he actually gets a platform to air his views. I also think it's hypocritical that black celebrities and rappers can embrace Farrakhan (for instance Snoop Dogg recently announced that he joined) and not get any flak for it. If a white person joined the KKK they'd be rightfully shunned, and I would advocate the same for blacks who join the NOI. At the very least make them defend their Yakub theory.

Wow, I knew Farrakhan was a racist and a nutcase (assuming racist is not just a subgenre of nutcase), but I never knew the Nation of Islam as a whole was that crazy. It reminds me of the South Park episode on scientology that needed the on-screen caption, "This is what scientologists actually believe." I kind of feel like asking Farrakhan if the black people spaceship will destroy Obama entirely, leave him alone, or destroy just his white half. :rolleyes: Seriously, it sounds like the Nation of Islam is right up there with David Icke on the crazy scale.

constituent
03-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Wow, I knew Farrakhan was a racist and a nutcase (assuming racist is not just a subgenre of nutcase), but I never knew the Nation of Islam as a whole was that crazy. It reminds me of the South Park episode on scientology that needed the on-screen caption, "This is what scientologists actually believe." I kind of feel like asking Farrakhan if the black people spaceship will destroy Obama entirely, leave him alone, or destroy just his white half. :rolleyes: Seriously, it sounds like the Nation of Islam is right up there with David Icke on the crazy scale.

Research Elijah Muhammad.

Josh_LA
03-04-2009, 08:27 PM
It didn't give it away when he claimed that white people were an evil race of devils created by an evil black scientist named Yakub? Or that he was called up to a spaceship controlled by black people who told him that the white race would soon be wiped out (all of this was told to me by NOI members - straightfaced).

Back in Malcolm X days, NOI said lots of good things about the media, Jews and racism, and I respect that. I have no interest in their wacko religious doctrine, I judged them based on their content of character, I also liked when they shook hands with GL Rockwell and said segregation would be best for both whites and blacks.

Farrakhan is just trying to get leverage off of Obama. Black people are euphoric about Obama and if he publicly went against him it would destroy a lot of his support. Doubt he actually cares about Obama - just knows his constituents will turn if he doesn't support him.

I agree, black people as well as most of America are euphoric about Obama and everybody wants a piece of him. Effectively making people like Farrakhan a sellout.

Josh_LA
03-04-2009, 08:29 PM

I'm OK with racism, I'm not OK with stupidity.

For more pro-black satire free, Poe proof entertainment

http://www.yahwehbenyahweh.com/
http://www.prophetyahweh.com/
http://www.africanhebrewisraelitesofjerusalem.com/
http://www.hebrewisraelites.net/

Josh_LA
03-10-2009, 03:15 AM
Or that he was called up to a spaceship controlled by black people who told him that the white race would soon be wiped out (all of this was told to me by NOI members - straightfaced).

Spaceship?
http://www.satansrapture.com/ezekwheel.htm

Zippyjuan
03-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Farrakhan does have some good ideas. He believes in people taking personal responsibility and not expecting handouts or help from others. People should take responsiblity for themselves, their families, and their neighborhood. He has criticized hiphop as being bad for the black community- both in its depictions of both men and women and its narcicism.

BlackTerrel
03-11-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm OK with racism, I'm not OK with stupidity.

So racism isn't stupid then? Thanks for that...