PDA

View Full Version : I'd love to help Ron Paul but I can't

dude58677
09-15-2007, 12:07 PM
1) I have a shitty printer that doesn't print anything so I can't print out flyers.

2) My local meetup group scheldules meetings then gives horrible directions or doesn't show up.

3) My job doesn't pay enough for me to donate, it all goes to bills.

4) I don't have the ability to make video's promoting Ron Paul.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :

Sean
09-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Do you have friends, family, coworkers, or neighbors you can convince to support Ron Paul?

ItsTime
09-15-2007, 12:10 PM
1) I have a shitty printer that doesn't print anything so I can't print out flyers.

2) My local meetup group scheldules meetings then gives horrible directions or doesn't show up.

Talk talk talk talk to anyone who will listen! Ask them to visit ronpaul2008.com. Everyone can do SOMETHING. My father is in the same boat as you (he doesnt even have the internet!) but he talks and talks to anyone who will listen. It is not a time to be shy. :cool:

BuddyRey
09-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Don't get discouraged, dude! You don't need fancy electronics or money to fuel the revolution. Dropping a word of recommendation to a friend or acquaintance is one of the BIGGEST things one can do to promote RP, because it's nearly guaranteed that whoever you tell will also tell a bunch of people, and so on and so on! The fireworks are already laid out for us. All we must do is light the fuse.

james1844
09-15-2007, 12:13 PM
No worries. there are several of us in the same boat.

message me your address and I'll send you some slim jims.

Otherwise, try writing a letter to your local newspaper editor.

Kregener
09-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Listen to those above, you CAN help!

Tell everyone who will listen about Dr. Paul's message of peace and freedom. The message stands on its own two feet.

LibertyEagle
09-15-2007, 12:28 PM

Well, you could get a friend to print out one copy of the flyers for you and you could take them to be copied.

That, in addition to the offer by another poster to send you some Slim Jims.

itsnobody
09-15-2007, 12:40 PM

Ways to indirectly promote Ron Paul (without talking or doing anything):
- Bumper Stickers
- T-shirts
- Signs

angelatc
09-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Sell something on eBay and then send the money to Ron Paul.

scubasteve01
09-15-2007, 12:49 PM
A lot of us face the same problems... I donated what I can... and I talk to anyone that will listen. That's all you can do, and it has a huge effect.

vanadium
09-15-2007, 12:56 PM
One man alone can do as much as five others given the heart to go out there. It's all about drive. Got time?

slantedview
09-15-2007, 12:58 PM
I'd agree with what the others said. The best thing you can do is make youself fully educated about Dr. Paul's stance on all the issues and talk to everyone you know and everyone you come across about him. Get them all on board!! :)

richard1984
09-15-2007, 01:05 PM

I can relate. I'm in a similar boat, except that my meetup meetings are almost always at bad times for me (and I'm inefficient/slow when it comes to homework/studying because of ADHD--the real kind--so I don't have a lot of free time...I only post on this forum because I make more progress reading if I do a few things at once and take frequent breaks), I'm a poor college student with just enough money to get by, etc.
The best asset I have is my newly acquired, ever-evolving education in politics and Ron Paul. I also have a "Ron Paul 2008" button/pin that I wear everywhere (and it draws a lot of attention), and a few hundred Ron Paul liberty cards (that I purchased very inexpensively during the birthday sale-- www.libertycard.org ). I'm am able to talk to several people (at least 3-4, but sometimes more) about Ron Paul every day. Depending on the mood I'm in (i.e., whether or not I've taken my Adderall--which makes me irreversibly introverted and irritable/moody), sometimes I'll give everyone I see who looks at my button a card. Also, a few times I've talked to people who were either already interested in Dr. Paul or who became interested after hearing about him, and I'll give them a small stack of RP cards to hand out themselves (I have so many of them...). I figure that might get them active in the campaign/revolution as well (one of the most difficult things we have to deal with are people who like Ron Paul, but are conditioned to be apathetic about most everything in life--especially truly important but corrupt things that they don't feel they have any control over, like education and politics).

Anyway, breaking out of your shell--your comfort zone--is key.
It helps to have a friend/fellow RP supporter with you--confidence is improved when you're not alone.

Peace!

Akus
09-15-2007, 02:10 PM

can you at least buy a bumper sticker?
or 3, one on the back, one on the side door, one on the other side door.

Like me.:D

McDermit
09-15-2007, 02:26 PM
PM me with your mailing info and I'll send you a bunch of stuff.

ronpaulhawaii
09-15-2007, 02:30 PM
and once you get all the stuff that people are sending you, get your boots on the ground

mkauai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3hOsCR_nPw

RCA
09-15-2007, 02:31 PM
The minimum amount that the campaign will accept is $5. Just letting you know. :)

JoshuaEagle
09-15-2007, 02:38 PM
dude- check out my thread herehttp://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=18233
if you have a buck, your in.......:)

Joe Knows
09-15-2007, 03:48 PM

Why don't you go over to www.FredThompsonForum.com You can support Ron all you want over there.

smtwngrl
09-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Why don't you go over to www.FredThompsonForum.com You can support Ron all you want over there.

Joe, I think you replied to the wrong person.

jpa
09-15-2007, 03:59 PM
call talk radio in your area.

Go to republican events in your area. Convince people there