PDA

View Full Version : psuedophed

BillyDkid
09-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Don't know if I spelled it right. I live in NY and had to buy some of this for my wife at Walmart this morning. I had to give them my driver's license and sign some affidavit and be recorded as a psuedophed buyer. You know, at what point are people just going to say "screw this, this is just horseshit!" My belief is that people will finally say it with their vote in 2008. Everything has gotten exactly backward in this country. The purpose of the government is no longer to serve the interests of the people. It is the role of the people to serve the government. They are the country. We are just the inhabitants and fund providers they allow to dwell here.

McDermit
09-15-2007, 12:38 PM
the oldschool red dots should still be available over the counter if they have them near you.

a lot of meds were put behind the counter this year because kids were increasingly buying and/or stealing massive quantities of them to get high. i agree, it is ridiculous. and i don't agree with it at all... but i can understand the reasoning. tons of CYOA.

amonasro
09-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Well drugstores had problems with people buying mass quantities of pseudoephedrine and making meth with it. So I can understand their logic.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-15-2007, 01:03 PM
"They are the country. We are just the inhabitants and fund providers they allow to dwell here."

This is what we must change. We need a proper-sized government serving the interests of Americans. And real money, bring back silver.

Givemelibertyor.....
09-15-2007, 01:07 PM
This move has really curbed meth manufacturing, let me tell you........:rolleyes:

Jon S
09-15-2007, 01:09 PM
man.... us damn kids and our meth manufacturing habits... well at least theres still robitussin and benadryl. HAHA

amonasro
09-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Well drugstores had problems with people buying mass quantities of pseudoephedrine and making meth with it. So I can understand their logic.

What I forgot to mention is that it's BAD logic.

Wendi
09-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Psuedophed's active ingredient is psuedoephedrine. Courtesy of the Patriot Act and the War On Drugs, you have to show ID to purchase it and are limited to small amounts for personal use. In theory, they also keep a log of how much you buy so you can't just go back another time. This has been in effect for at least a couple of years now. The reason is because both psuedoephedrine and ephedrine are precursors to making methamphetamine. Target actually posts the portion of the Patriot Act which authorizes this limit as well as a sign explaining why it is "necessary." They are the only store I have seen that does this and most Americans remain blissfully unaware of how ridiculous it has gotten.

And, meanwhile... the real criminals just break into the pharmacies and steal all of the ephedrine and psuedoephedrine they want :rolleyes: