PDA

View Full Version : A Firsthand Report From Seattle

Rick Williams
09-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Ron's campaign has gone HUGE. His schedule in Seattle was completely full-- Microsoft brought him out to their headquarters in the afternoon for a visit. The rally last night had over 1000 people-- all ages; very diverse; giant enthusiasm in the Westin ballroom (standing room only) for Ron's strongest speech ever. Ron flying by private jet this week-- over $500,000 raised on the west coast visits. Multiple media interviews in the morning before his first event-- the $200/head luncheon. Standing room only at his Constitution speech at Seattle University in the afternoon, and Ron's schedule was so tight that he had to leave for the next event while there were still long lines of people waiting at the microphones to ask him questions. Sign carriers all over downtown Seattle. I talked to MANY people in Seattle at the various events who had SEEN SIGNS; become interested; and then become part of the campaign. The signs ARE WORKING. Talked to MANY people who have been touched to their core by Ron's campaign. Again and again I heard from people-- "WE ARE CREATING A MOMENT OF HISTORY; A TIME FOR THE AGES; A SPECIAL INSTANT OF CHANGE; A MOVEMENT THAT CANNOT BE STOPPED; -- over and over, this is what people were saying to me in Seattle. So sit back, all of you, and reflect on what's happening. Think about what we're doing. A victory by Ron Paul in 2008 will change the world-- and this magical moment will be written about for generations to come. Are we doing all that we can?? Ron Paul is the Jefferson of our day. Could we ask for anything more? Picture this-- a month from now; two months from now; three months from now-- MILLIONS OF PEOPLE FILLING THE STREETS IN EVERY CITY IN AMERICA-- all at the same time; all carrying banners for Ron Paul; all demanding freedom; all demanding change. Then it spreads around the world. Possible. It depends on us.

Lord Xar
09-15-2007, 11:51 AM
He is right "Freedom is Popular"

ronpaulhawaii
09-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Rick- thanks for your broadcast yesterday. I certainly agree that getting out _carrying_ signs is very effective.

mkauai
www.ronpaulriders.com/forum

maggiebott
09-15-2007, 12:00 PM
You just made my day:) Thanks for all the good news!

The Only Woj
09-15-2007, 12:00 PM
we have to keep it up. nonstop through the primaries. nonstop through the election. Even if Ron doesn't get the Republican nod, even if he decides not to run, we need to keep the Revolution goin'.

Blowback
09-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Yep, Seattle was a complete success! 400 seats out at SU and standing room only. A Supreme Court Justice even attended.

Rally had AT LEAST 1,000.

Hopefully fundraising went well.

fourameuphoria
09-15-2007, 12:23 PM
This is what I expect to hear; having a Ron Paul table front and center infront of 80,000 potsmokers at hempfest damn well better have built a presence in Seattle.

scubasteve01
09-15-2007, 12:52 PM
This is so great to hear!!! Keep the updates coming, I wish I could be there.

qwerty
09-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Ron's campaign has gone HUGE. His schedule in Seattle was completely full-- Microsoft brought him out to their headquarters in the afternoon for a visit. The rally last night had over 1000 people-- all ages; very diverse; giant enthusiasm in the Westin ballroom (standing room only) for Ron's strongest speech ever. Ron flying by private jet this week-- over $500,000 raised on the west coast visits. Multiple media interviews in the morning before his first event-- the $200/head luncheon. Standing room only at his Constitution speech at Seattle University in the afternoon, and Ron's schedule was so tight that he had to leave for the next event while there were still long lines of people waiting at the microphones to ask him questions. Sign carriers all over downtown Seattle. I talked to MANY people in Seattle at the various events who had SEEN SIGNS; become interested; and then become part of the campaign. The signs ARE WORKING. Talked to MANY people who have been touched to their core by Ron's campaign. Again and again I heard from people-- "WE ARE CREATING A MOMENT OF HISTORY; A TIME FOR THE AGES; A SPECIAL INSTANT OF CHANGE; A MOVEMENT THAT CANNOT BE STOPPED; -- over and over, this is what people were saying to me in Seattle. So sit back, all of you, and reflect on what's happening. Think about what we're doing. A victory by Ron Paul in 2008 will change the world-- and this magical moment will be written about for generations to come. Are we doing all that we can?? Ron Paul is the Jefferson of our day. Could we ask for anything more? Picture this-- a month from now; two months from now; three months from now-- MILLIONS OF PEOPLE FILLING THE STREETS IN EVERY CITY IN AMERICA-- all at the same time; all carrying banners for Ron Paul; all demanding freedom; all demanding change. Then it spreads around the world. Possible. It depends on us.

Awesome post!

slantedview
09-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Nice report. Thanks!

Stealth4
09-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Yes - and because of that report - Im going to work harder.

princessredtights
09-15-2007, 08:55 PM
A bunch of us went from the Portland and Salem Oregon area.

The lunch was wonderful - I can't believe I got to shake him hand and speak to him. Not that I needed confirmation of this but while I was watching him interact with "the common folk", I felt like he was genuinely interested in what people were saying. And, he seemed quite humbled by all the praise we were showering on him.

For the "banner brigade" or VISIBLAST, we had signs and scattered ourselves around the core of the University district and downtown.

The sign holding "banner brigade" type thing was important but we were also passing out tickets to the rally and also slimjims.

One of the funniest things to have happened yesterday: The Salem meetup group leader came running up to me (we were about a block from each others corner) and he says "You're NOT going to believe what just happened" I was standing at the corner, a car stops at the corner, a guy leans out and asks "hey, what's going on?" "I pull out the ticket and slimjim and say "have you heard, Congressman Ron Paul is in town - we'd love for you to come hear him speak tonight at the Westin" ... as Jamie reached into the car to give the passerby the information, he noticed the guy sitting next to him was ... RON PAUL ... who smiled and said "I think I'll be there!" ... :p THAT was SO Cool!

About an hour from the start of the rally, the volunteers met at a nearby mall foodcourt for a quick bite to eat and to rest a bit (Seattle is really hilly! phew! my legs are killing me today :D ) We looked out to see a horse drawn carriage ... with 6 RP supporters, cheerfully waving signs, who pitched in $$ to ride around the area! That was AWESOME!!! I hope someone got video of that! (In my opinion, this is a great example of how innovative the grass roots campaign is at a moments notice !)

The rally was amazing!

We left the rally but before we got back to the car, we were approached by 2 people out enjoying the Seattle nightlife - curious as to all the signs they were seeing - we gave them some slim jims and a short discourse on the Good DR.

We barely turned the corner, to run into 3 young adults who were stoked to see our T - Shirts - BIG, BIG RP fans! Unfortunately, they didn't know they just missed the rally - :( ... we gave them some bumper stickers and information on the meetup groups in the area (for NEXT time ;) RP comes to town)...

This morning, I was walking around Pike's Market (something I enjoy doing while visiting the city). One of the "Fish" guys saw my t-shirt and asked me how the rally was last night - I said it was awesome! I asked him if he was there but he said "no" - he did see the good DR on the TV and said that if he was still a contender in 3 - 4 months, he'd support him - I told him, "go ahead and support him now - he'll BE the next president!" ... We had a great conversation -

I went across the street to enjoy a nice cup of coffee ... the young lady rang me up and asked me about the rally. I said "it was awesome! Were you there?" She said she was not but that her boyfriend is a HUGE supporter of RP = he has never wanted to get involved in politics let alone give MONEY to a politician before. We had a great little conversation about a few topics.

When I went to put my dish away, she made a point of coming over and saying "it was great talking to you and I want to say "thank you" for wearing your T-Shirt in public".

It was an amazing experience -

katao
09-16-2007, 02:12 AM

Same story in Salt Lake City today. Ron Paul isn't just winning voters; his message is reaching the heart and soul of people across the nation. I'm not much of a religious guy, but the only way I can accurately describe the phenomenon is a spiritual awakening.

davidhperry
09-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Same story in Salt Lake City today. Ron Paul isn't just winning voters; his message is reaching the heart and soul of people across the nation. I'm not much of a religious guy, but the only way I can accurately describe the phenomenon is a spiritual awakening.

Wow, that's fantastic! Thanks for the update.

QWE
09-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Yep, Seattle was a complete success! 400 seats out at SU and standing room only. A Supreme Court Justice even attended.

Rally had AT LEAST 1,000.

Hopefully fundraising went well.

Which Justice? That is very cool.

john_anderson_ii
09-16-2007, 02:56 AM
Microsoft brought him out to their headquarters in the afternoon for a visit.

Wow! This is outstanding news! I'm an open source developer, a Linux head if you will, and it seems that Microsoft and I have not seen eye to eye for quite some time now. It's like the Linux community and the Microsoft juggernaut have been staring each other down, like cage fighters, from the opposite sides of chain link fence. That chain link fence is the government. Their lobbyists are trying to push MS standards into governments, our lobbyists (of a sort) are trying to block them. It's all just a big basket of nonsense. I want to compete with them no holds barred, and from what I've read, their developers have a "bring it" attitude. They want to take me and mine on. I'm glad they are looking at a candidate that carries this message. If our perspective sides were aloud to compete with a government so disinterested that lobbyists were forced into unemployment lines, the consumer would win, and they would win big.

I'm only saying this because I know they weren't trying to court Ron Paul. That would be an exercise in futility. Redmond knows this for sure, and I'm so glad they are at least hosting a candidate who will not shield them from the OSS community. Who knows, once these chains of government are off, we might end up collaborating on a piece of technology here or there. Either way, it would be nice to see some honest competition in the marketplace versus two sides playing "who is the better brown nose."