PDA

View Full Version : If Ron Paul doesn't run

MCockerill08
03-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Who, if anyone, should we support in 2012?

We need to be looking for candidates with viability and principle. This process needs to start soon because Ron Paul is indicating that a run is unlikely.

I've heard Gary Johnson's name, but does anyone know if he's genuinely committed to liberty?

The "planks" of liberty, to me, are:

1) Drastic reduction of government spending and taxes. Elimination of unconstitutional government programs and departments. (though of course, a longterm phase-out program is necessary)
2) End the wars of aggression in Iraq and Afgahnistan.
3) A serious oppose to the evils of war and a dismantling of our empire abroad.
4) Affirmation of civil liberties and repealing of the Patriot Act, Military commissions act, FISA telecom immunity, suspension of habeas corpus, torture (whether in Guantanamo in Bush's case, or extraditing detainees to third world nations) etc.
5) Auditing and eventual elimination of the federal reserve system
6) Committment to restoring the Constitution and the rule of law, for purposes of restraining power-hungry bureaucrats.

0zzy
03-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Mark Sanford is my choice, if he decides to run.

pcosmar
03-02-2009, 07:07 PM
IF there is an election.
The media will push the approved candidates so that the illusion of choice can be maintained.
Anyone NOT approved will be marginalized , attacked and ignored.

I'm not holding my breath. :(

Theocrat
03-02-2009, 07:24 PM

We need to be looking for candidates with viability and principle. This process needs to start soon because Ron Paul is indicating that a run is unlikely.

I've heard Gary Johnson's name, but does anyone know if he's genuinely committed to liberty?

1) Drastic reduction of government spending and taxes. Elimination of unconstitutional government programs and departments. (though of course, a longterm phase-out program is necessary)
4) Affirmation of civil liberties and repealing of the Patriot Act, Military commissions act, FISA telecom immunity, suspension of habeas corpus, torture (whether in Guantanamo in Bush's case, or extraditing detainees to third world nations) etc.
6) Committment to restoring the Constitution and the rule of law, for purposes of restraining power-hungry bureaucrats.

It sounds to me like you would support any candidate from the Constitution Party, because according to your planks:

Cost of Big Government (http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php#Cost%20of%20Big%20Government)
Terrorism and Personal Liberty (http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php#Terrorism%20and%20Personal%20Li berty)
Foreign Policy (http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php#Foreign%20Policy)
Executive Orders (http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php#Executive%20Orders)
Money and Banking (http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php#Money%20and%20Banking)
Bring Government Back Home (http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php#Bring%20Government%20Back%20Hom e)

What do you think?

bunklocoempire
03-02-2009, 07:40 PM

Johnson is the only one I've heard mention the Federal Reserve.

At CPAC, who talked about the Federal Reserve and the "magic check book"?

Endless talk of how bad the democrats are, yet nary a mention of the -"magic check book"- the tool repubs and dems both love to use.

Get rid of that tool and the dems couldn't write bad checks now could they? And neither could the repubs.

If a candidate aint talking about the evils of Federal Reserve they aint worth a darn. Period.

Bunkloco

Eric21ND
03-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Ventura

zach
03-02-2009, 07:44 PM
If they're not pushed by the media, then I'll look into them.
In fact, if they're called "nut cases" or "the other ones," then I'll definitely look into them.
:rolleyes:

constituent
03-02-2009, 07:49 PM

You will be well-served to abandon the whole "we" bit. Bitter pill, I know.

constituent
03-02-2009, 07:50 PM
...my choice...

That's more like it.

TheConstitutionLives
03-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Paul will be too old unfortunately. No way people will vote for him when he'll be 80 at the end of his first term

paulitics
03-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Mark Sanford is my choice, if he decides to run.

Cool. Since you researched him already, what are his feelings on the Iraq war, Afghanastan War, and general foreign policy? How about the patriot act, military comissions act, fisa, posse commitatus, homeland security, war on terror and the war on drugs? Thanks. :)

Captain America
03-02-2009, 09:07 PM
we would be screwed.

i'd vote for ventura though

constituent
03-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Cool. Since you researched him already, what are his feelings on the Iraq war, Afghanastan War, and general foreign policy? How about the patriot act, military comissions act, fisa, posse commitatus, homeland security, war on terror and the war on drugs? Thanks. :)

that's more like it.

satchelmcqueen
03-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Ventura

im for that

GunnyFreedom
03-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Gary Johnson and Mark Sanford are both excellent choices, and very very close to the Ron Paul platform.

tremendoustie
03-02-2009, 11:33 PM

I agree with this list. I personally am opposed to drug use, but I'd also like to see the candidate end the drug war, laws against gambling, and other victim-less crimes.

carlangaslangas
03-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Johnson is the only one I've heard mention the Federal Reserve.

At CPAC, who talked about the Federal Reserve and the "magic check book"?

Endless talk of how bad the democrats are, yet nary a mention of the -"magic check book"- the tool repubs and dems both love to use.

Get rid of that tool and the dems couldn't write bad checks now could they? And neither could the repubs.

If a candidate aint talking about the evils of Federal Reserve they aint worth a darn. Period.

Bunkloco

AMEN!!!

The republicans aren't going to win unless they apologize for signing onto the first (bush) stimulus.
They cannot call Obama a communist and then defend Bush's stimulus which started this whole debacle.
Some of them are already coming to terms with the fact that the party lost its way. If they want some new votes, they'll have to accept that Ron Paul was right all along, and eliminate the Federal Reserve, IRS, Medicare, Imperial wars, etc...

I was really glad to hear Ron Paul speak at CPAC. Too bad the usual "loonies" were there too, which is what the media grabs onto.

Kotin
03-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Ventura

I would love to see Jesse Ventura actually run... if he does not, however, I will go for Mark Sanford or Gary Johnson..

but please people... less of these threads and more BJ Lawson threads