PDA

View Full Version : Stocks: Even 'Dr. Doom' Is Scared: Economy Much Worse

voytechs
03-02-2009, 01:14 PM
A year ago Roubini was forecasting an 18-month recession (http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/41229/Roubini-Bear-Market-Only-Half-Over-But-It)with a U-shaped recovery; now, he's now expecting the downturn to last at least 24 months and possibly 36-months. He also sees rising risks of a Japanese-style L-shaped stagnation, i.e. a prolonged period with little or no economic growth.

Yahoo TechTicker Video (http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/197164/Even-%27Dr.-Doom%27-Is-Scared-Economy-Much-Worse-Than-Roubini-Predicted?tickers=%5Edji,%5Egspc,QQQQ,DIA,SPY)

PS: I know, too many Dr. Doom's, you never know which one they are talking about :p

MsDoodahs
03-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh my.

Depressing.

:(

Epic
03-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Roubini's an idiot

I read his column the other day on how the the economy failed because government wasn't large enough and we should put a fork in capitalism because it doesn't work. What a moron.

hugolp
03-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Roubini's an idiot

I read his column the other day on how the the economy failed because government wasn't large enough and we should put a fork in capitalism because it doesn't work. What a moron.

He also was invested 100% in US stocks while the US was failing down the cliff.

Hugo

voytechs
03-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Roubini's an idiot

I got that from this interview too. He was explaining how the "stimulus" wouldn't work and wasn't targeted enough :mad:

Epic
03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I mean, if gov spending was the answer, we'd be rich after the spending of the past 8 years (or 12, or 16, or 20... pick your number)

gaazn
03-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Good chance we're going to look like a big version of AIG, with debts and obligations so large that there is no way to pay them back.