PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Paul’s Statement on His Son Rand Paul

TruthisTreason
03-02-2009, 11:48 AM
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090302006105&newsLang=en

Congressman Paul’s Statement on His Son Rand Paul

LAKE JACKSON, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In response to reports that his son, Dr. Rand Paul, is being encouraged to run for Senate, Congressman Ron Paul issued the following statement.

“I've always encouraged my children to participate in the public debate. Should Senator Bunning decide not to run, I think Rand would make a great US Senator.

“I, like Rand, have been impressed with Senator Bunning's opposition to the Bank Bailout. I think the Republican Party should be supportive of Senator Bunning and not try to push him out of office.

“Should Senator Bunning decide to retire, I think it is important to have a conservative Republican and taxpayer advocate in the race.”

Austin
03-02-2009, 12:03 PM
I wonder why they've been buttering up Bunning? He voted for the PATRIOT ACT, the Military Commissions Act, and FISA...

Hmm..

EDIT: He did vote against the original bailout (TARP)...

TruthisTreason
03-02-2009, 12:11 PM
I wonder why they've been buttering up Bunning? He voted for the PATRIOT ACT, the Military Commissions Act, and FISA...

Hmm..

EDIT: He did vote again the original bailout (TARP)...

Bunning is being pressured from the "moderate" wing of the Republican Party to step aside. We need a conservative to run against Mitch's "moderate" pick, that conservative is Rand Paul. Bunning is more conservative than McConnell, but less conservative than Paul. Mitch will basically recruit a democrat to run for office, and we can't have that, at least not without a fight! rEVOLution ;)

Aratus
03-02-2009, 12:18 PM
RAND PAUL in 2010 !!!

TheTyke
03-02-2009, 12:39 PM
This same question has come up with the candidates Ron Paul has supported via the Liberty PAC or whatever it is called. There is no one like Ron Paul in office, therefore anyone he works will with be a bit disappointing by comparison. But I think he has shown that those he's allied himself with are being moved in his direction, and they all voted against the bailout. Who knows what else they may join him on?

In any case, undermining McConnell's grip on Kentucky would be a very good thing.

He Who Pawns
03-02-2009, 01:31 PM
There must be some things going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. Let's be patient.

mczerone
03-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Playing Party politics requires some tongue-biting and delayed gratification. You don't want to alienate those who can help you in the next cycle.

liberteebell
03-02-2009, 02:50 PM
This same question has come up with the candidates Ron Paul has supported via the Liberty PAC or whatever it is called. There is no one like Ron Paul in office, therefore anyone he works will with be a bit disappointing by comparison. But I think he has shown that those he's allied himself with are being moved in his direction, and they all voted against the bailout. Who knows what else they may join him on?

In any case, undermining McConnell's grip on Kentucky would be a very good thing.

+1

And I hate it, but that's the way it is until we get some of ourselves in office, which will be soon I hope. There are a lot of people getting really angry right now. I have a brother who has never been directly involved in the RP movement but he's one of us and is thinking of running for congress. He is so angry with all that's going on, he can't see straight. :D

Austin
03-02-2009, 05:01 PM
There must be some things going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. Let's be patient.

But I don't wanna! :(

:D