PDA

View Full Version : Have You Signed Up For Free State Project?

mport1
03-02-2009, 11:45 AM
In addition to the other thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=151163&highlight=free+state+project) I started on the Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org/), I was curious to see the breakdown in numbers for RPF members as to who has signed up.

Please answer yes or no and if you like you can comment on your choice. Thanks.

mport1
03-02-2009, 06:15 PM
So 50/50 at this point with 8 people voting. Any more responses?

brandon
03-02-2009, 06:26 PM
I have signed up and will move in about 3 or 4 years assuming I can find a good job in my field, and I don't have any serious girlfriends/new family holding me back.

UnReconstructed
03-02-2009, 07:06 PM
no, sadly... I dont want to sign up until I am sure that I will be able to move. I have started putting resources aside for the move though. I am hoping that this time next year, we will be loading up.

Imperial
03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
I don't really seek to move to New Hampshire. I would rather spread liberty in Texas or Minnesota. But I do think it is an awesome effort for those willing.

mport1
03-03-2009, 03:52 PM
no, sadly... I dont want to sign up until I am sure that I will be able to move. I have started putting resources aside for the move though. I am hoping that this time next year, we will be loading up.

Well unfortunately we are a long way from the 20,000 mark so I think it would be pretty safe to sign up if you think you would be able to move within the next few years.

OferNave
03-03-2009, 04:18 PM
I signed up in 2002 and moved in 2007. :)

BTW-Signups have been through the roof the last month or so.

gls
03-03-2009, 04:34 PM

Dan Itse's recent appearence on Glenn Beck might have something to do with it. He mentioned nhliberty.org a couple of times, resulting in an additional 750 people signing up for the forum over there. It stands to reason some migrated over to the main site.

I think it’s worth mentioning that even after 20,000 people sign the Statement of Intent, a signer isn’t “obligated” to move for another five years past that point.

Right now I'm planning to move ~ October of this year. I might find inspiration to move sooner at the Liberty Forum this weekend though.

OferNave
03-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Dan Itse's recent appearence on Glenn Beck might have something to do with it. He mentioned nhliberty.org a couple of times, resulting in an additional 750 people signing up for the forum over there. It stands to reason some migrated over to the main site.

That's what I was thinking - that or just word of HCR6 in general.

Right now I'm planning to move ~ October of this year. I might find inspiration to move sooner at the Liberty Forum this weekend though.

Great! Maybe I'll see you at the Forum.

Aakron
03-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I am strongly considering signing up at the moment. The fact that over 600 people have moved there already is significant itself. If 20,000 people really do move there that would be huge.

OferNave
03-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I am strongly considering signing up at the moment. The fact that over 600 people have moved there already is significant itself. If 20,000 people really do move there that would be huge.

669 people! :)

mport1
03-03-2009, 09:56 PM
669 people! :)

With all the success they are having with that small number, imagine what could happen with 30 times more people. I think we could start seeing some massive progress with only a few thousand dedicated people.

OferNave
03-03-2009, 10:45 PM
With all the success they are having with that small number, imagine what could happen with 30 times more people. I think we could start seeing some massive progress with only a few thousand dedicated people.

Agreed.

ladyjade3
03-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Had to back out, respectfully, for job reasons.

Roxi
03-03-2009, 11:04 PM
I signed up in 2002 and moved in 2007. :)

also chris sent me an awesome package with tons of flyers, cards, stickers, and other stuff and ive been spreading it around like crazy!!

OferNave
03-04-2009, 06:31 AM
also chris sent me an awesome package with tons of flyers, cards, stickers, and other stuff and ive been spreading it around like crazy!!

Nice. Speaking of which, if anyone needs some extra FSP bookmarks to give out, I've got a case in the attic that isn't much use to me now that I'm already here.

FSP-Rebel
03-04-2009, 11:59 AM
If you are anyone else is considering joining, then I'd say that that is sufficient enough to become a participant now. As people keep joining, it will inspire more fence-sitters to do the same as well as more people to move earlier as opposed to later. Since this is a longer-term project, getting to the 20,000 joiner mark is the trigger point for the rest of the signers to move. If that many libertarians were pledged to move to NH per the FSP, who wouldn't want to be involved? Just sign up and worry about your migratory plans later as the number closes in on 20,000. Oh and mention that you heard about http://freestateproject.org from Liberty Forest.

mport1
03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
If you are anyone else is considering joining, then I'd say that that is sufficient enough to become a participant now. As people keep joining, it will inspire more fence-sitters to do the same as well as more people to move earlier as opposed to later. Since this is a longer-term project, getting to the 20,000 joiner mark is the trigger point for the rest of the signers to move. If that many libertarians were pledged to move to NH per the FSP, who wouldn't want to be involved? Just sign up and worry about your migratory plans later as the number closes in on 20,000. Oh and mention that you heard about http://freestateproject.org from Liberty Forest.

I completely agree. If you are thinking about moving in the future or when it hits 20,000, I say sign up. Either way you should sign up as a "friend" of the FSP without having to commit to moving.

UnReconstructed
03-04-2009, 07:19 PM
I signed up. Yall convinced me.

Natalie
03-04-2009, 07:25 PM
I am not signing up, because I love Houston. I'm never leaving!

tremendoustie
03-04-2009, 07:28 PM
I completely agree. If you are thinking about moving in the future or when it hits 20,000, I say sign up. Either way you should sign up as a "friend" of the FSP without having to commit to moving.

I'm signed up as a friend, so how do I vote in the poll?

Hoping to sign up as a full participant soon ...

mport1
03-04-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm signed up as a friend, so how do I vote in the poll?

Hoping to sign up as a full participant soon ...

Good question. I guess I was assuming the yes/no was in regards to if people were a "participant" and had pledged to move upon 20,000 signers.

Awesome UnReconstructed! One person closer to 20,000 :)

runningdiz
03-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I wonder if the economy will affect this project? Since most people need to give up a job and find one to move there. I am sure it will be difficult for most, unless they work at walmart or something. I bet some will end up not being able to do it because of that risk. So it will be interesting to see how many have to back out or what not.

nayjevin
03-09-2009, 05:09 AM
bump

tremendoustie
03-09-2009, 06:41 AM
I wonder if the economy will affect this project? Since most people need to give up a job and find one to move there. I am sure it will be difficult for most, unless they work at walmart or something. I bet some will end up not being able to do it because of that risk. So it will be interesting to see how many have to back out or what not.

Of course, if you lose your job it could make it easier to move ...

RevolutionSD
03-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm completely allergic to cold weather so I'm doing what I can in my area to promote liberty but unfortunately will not be able to join the FSP. I wouldn't feel the slightest bit free to be stuck in NH for the winter, so for me it defeats the purpose.

gls
03-09-2009, 12:01 PM