PDA

View Full Version : 60 Minutes Does Story on Mexican Drug Violence

He Who Pawns
03-01-2009, 07:19 PM
So Anderson Cooper does a huge segment about the drug wars that are threatening to collapse Mexico and/or spill over our border.

Anderson suggested that we should reinstate the assault weapons ban, because Mexican gangs were getting guns from the US. :rolleyes:

But during the whole entire segment, Cooper and the various talking heads he interviewed never ONCE even mentioned the possibility that if we ended this failed, counterproductive and unconstitutional "war on drugs" all of those Mexican drug gangs would be broke and out of business in a month.

God this is frustrating.

UtahApocalypse
03-01-2009, 07:21 PM
I am sure all the drug cartels are coming over and buying them assault guns legally /sarcasm

phill4paul
03-01-2009, 08:53 PM
The trouble with watching too many main stream movies or reading too many main stream authors works is that eventually we begin to see the pattern. ;):D

DjLoTi
03-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Did you see the other segment on Bobby Jindal after that? Now *that* was what I would call interesting.

I cannot believe the amount of talk going on with the topic of everything marijuana. There has been an incredible increase in coverage and awareness of Americas sale, cultivation, popularity, public opinion, ect., of marijuana.

There is so much coverage I think it will be legalized within 5 years, max, I really really think so ...

goldenequity
03-01-2009, 11:35 PM
The military weaponry like the confiscated cache below is NOT being bought at gun shows in Houston
and smuggled across the border or any other nonsense.
http://homelandsecurityus.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/mexweapons1.jpg
It includes LAWS rocket grenades,
.50 CAL weaponry, bulletproof Humvees, night vision equip and comes PREDOMINENTLY from the Mexico's own MILITARY.

google Zetas (http://royalespot.blogspot.com/2008/03/zetas-equipped-with-automatic-weapons.html).
defecting and trained Mexican military mercs now working for the Cartels....
(elite Mexican commandos --- many in fact formerly trained on our own soil by our very own CIA)

But of course Eric Holder knows that. :cool:

Matt Collins
03-02-2009, 12:37 AM
PREDOMINENTLY from the Mexico's own MILITARY.
Yeah that was mys first thought as to the source of this stuff.

But who cares? Really... if the US federal government didn't unconstitutionally outlaw substances then these organized criminals would be out of business. Many gangsters made money in the Prohibition Era. It's the same thing here. If you outlaw a product where there is a demand, then it'll go to a black market because if there is a demand someone will ALWAYS step up to supply if there is profit to be made. It's basic economics :rolleyes: Why don't people (politicians and voters) understand this stuff :confused::mad:

constituent
03-02-2009, 07:47 AM
actually tons (i say "tons" b/c it would be futile to even attempt to count individually) and tons of weapons flow south every year.

i'm not saying that's a problem...

RevolutionSD
03-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Yeah that was mys first thought as to the source of this stuff.

But who cares? Really... if the US federal government didn't unconstitutionally outlaw substances then these organized criminals would be out of business. Many gangsters made money in the Prohibition Era. It's the same thing here. If you outlaw a product where there is a demand, then it'll go to a black market because if there is a demand someone will ALWAYS step up to supply if there is profit to be made. It's basic economics :rolleyes: Why don't people (politicians and voters) understand this stuff :confused::mad:

Most voters do understand this.
But when it's left in the hands of authoritarian sociopaths, they will get their way.
i.e. Californians voted overwhelmingly to legalize medical marijuana in 96, but the will of the people was overturned the next day by an authoritarian sociopath judge.

Until we give up the belief that we need mommy & daddy government to make decisions for us, we will not end the drug war or have liberty.

Bruno
03-02-2009, 09:39 AM
But when it's left in the hands of authoritarian sociopaths, they will get their way.
i.e. Californians voted overwhelmingly to legalize medical marijuana in 96, but the will of the people was overturned the next day by an authoritarian sociopath judge.

Until we give up the belief that we need mommy & daddy government to make decisions for us, we will not end the drug war or have liberty.

Arizona voters did the same thing in 1996 and the governor said, "The citizens were ill-informed and uneducated on the issue."

fr33domfightr
03-02-2009, 01:10 PM

You must be talking about Prop. 215. That's the law AFAIK. Can you provide any details or quotes from the judge? I'm sure whatever he did was overturned because Prop 215 is the law. I'm not trying to hijack the thread, just asking for clarification on this post.

Thanks,
FF

Elwar
03-02-2009, 01:16 PM
I watched that 60 minutes...those old guys are going crazy. I couldn't understand half of what Andy Rooney said...I don't think he knew where he was at.

The guy interviewing Jindal just wanted to talk about how he's an Indian and will be running for president in 2012.

dannno
03-02-2009, 01:31 PM
You must be talking about Prop. 215. That's the law AFAIK. Can you provide any details or quotes from the judge? I'm sure whatever he did was overturned because Prop 215 is the law. I'm not trying to hijack the thread, just asking for clarification on this post.

Thanks,
FF

He may be talking about a Federal Judge and their decision to uphold Federal Law, but I'm not sure.