PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods won't drink the Kool Aid

Rael
03-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Tiger Woods' Inauguration Speech

Tiger Woods accepted the invitation to speak at the inauguration........

But he didn't deliver the message his inviters had expected!

Tiger Woods spoke Sunday at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington during "We Are One," an inauguration celebration for President-elect Barack Obama.

Below is the text of his speech, entitled "You'll Never Walk Alone" as posted on his Web site:

I grew up in a military family — and my role models in life were my Mom and Dad, Lt. Colonel Earl Woods.

My dad was a Special Forces operator and many nights friends would visit our home. They represented every branch of service, and every rank. In my Dad, and in those guests, I saw first hand the dedication and commitment of those who serve. They come from every walk of life. From every part of our country. Time and again, across generations,
they have defended our safety in the dark of night and far from home.

Each day — and particularly on this historic day — we honor the men and women in uniform who serve our country and protect our freedom. They travel to the dangerous corners of the world, and we must remember that for every person who is in uniform, there are families who wait for them to come home safely.

I am honored that the military is such an important part, not just of my personal life, but of my professional life as well. The golf tournament we do each year here in Washington is a testament to those unsung heroes. I am the son of a man who dedicated his life to his country, family and the military, and I am a better person for it.

In the summer of 1864, Abraham Lincoln, the man whose memorial we stand, spoke to the 164th Ohio Regiment and said: "I am greatly obliged to you, and to all who have come forward at the call of their country."

Just as they have stood tall for our country — we must always stand by and support the men and women in uniform and their families.

Thank you, and it is now my pleasure to introduce the U.S. Naval Glee Club.

You know he was greatly pressured to be there. You know the liberals have been mad at him for a decade for not joining their ranks. You know he didn't want to be there. So instead of paying homage to Obama, he paid tribute to our soldiers. Not one time did Tiger mention Obama or the inauguration or the new administration. You know, he knew he would disappoint, even anger, many, many liberals. but Tiger is his own man. His old man taught him to be his own man. Somewhere in that cold, gray Washington sky, old Earl was smiling down on his son.

veritas odium parit

Lex facit Regem

Origins: On 18 January 2009, golfer Tiger Woods gave the speech quoted above at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. during the HBO-televised "We Are One" event held as part of the lead-up to Barack Obama's presidential inauguration two days later. The PGA Tour web site displays the full text of Tiger Woods' speech, as does Woods' own web site (look for the 18 January item in the News Archive).

As noted in the comments added by whoever framed the speech into the e-mail forward cited above, "Not one time did Tiger mention Obama or the inauguration or the new administration." Instead, the speech given by the golf legend focused on the commitment and dedication of those who serve in the U.S. armed forces and at its conclusion called for unwavering support for the men and women in uniform. (It is unlikely that the theme of his speech was unexpected, since he was chosen to speak just before, and introduce, a performance by the U.S. Naval Glee Club.)

Woods has drawn criticism in the press over the years for being publicly apolitical (in 1997 he turned down an invitation from former President Bill Clinton to attend an event held at New York's Shea Stadium celebrating the 50th anniversary of Jackie Robinson's breaking baseball's color barrier), and his "We Are One" speech reinforced that image. Of "We Are One" event itself, Tiger said that: "I was honored to speak at such an historic event that Sunday, and I was especially pleased to talk about the military. The men and women in the armed forces, and their dedicated families, mean so much to me."

For those who were wondering, "veritas odium parit" is Latin for "truth begets hatred," and "lex facit regem" translates as "the law makes the king."

qh4dotcom
03-01-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm sure Tiger voted for Obama so nothing to be impressed about this speech.

As long as the troops keep trashing the Constitution by fighting in unconstitutional wars, they don't deserve any respect from me. Adam Kokesh himself said "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty".

BlackTerrel
03-02-2009, 03:35 AM
I am not sure how in any way this is anti-Obama. I imagine he was invited to speak because he supports Obama. And I believe he was introducing some military personnel who would be speaking next so I doubt anything he said was "unexpected" as this post seems to suggest.

0zzy
03-02-2009, 04:09 AM
i dislike it when people dont post links or even use quotes or sources.

Isaac Bickerstaff
03-02-2009, 08:58 AM
You know he was greatly pressured to be there. You know the liberals have been mad at him for a decade for not joining their ranks. You know he didn't want to be there. So instead of paying homage to Obama, he paid tribute to our soldiers. Not one time did Tiger mention Obama or the inauguration or the new administration. You know, he knew he would disappoint, even anger, many, many liberals. but Tiger is his own man. His old man taught him to be his own man. Somewhere in that cold, gray Washington sky, old Earl was smiling down on his son.

Notice the subtle ancestor worship. This has been steadily creeping into the mainstream over the years. I do not know the motivation behind it, but it has not been attacked like other religions, so I must assume that it is condoned or even sanctioned by those that claim to be social engineers.

Just a friendly heads up.

TonySutton
03-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Here is video of the speech

http://golf.fanhouse.com/2009/01/19/video-tiger-woods-speech-at-the-barack-obama-we-are-one-even/

oh and here is snopes version (true)

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/tigerwoods.asp

The latin crap does not appear anywhere in the speech. The snopes link to Tiger's website is faulty but if you go to the News Archive and look back a few pages you can find the speech.

Freedom 4 all
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=BlackTerrel;1993443]I am not sure how in any way this is anti-Obama. [QUOTE]

People with their heads shoved all the way up their asses (this includes many Dems and Reps) think Obama is a staunch pacifist/non-interventionist. That's why it is perceived to them as anti-O.

BlackTerrel
03-02-2009, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=BlackTerrel;1993443]I am not sure how in any way this is anti-Obama. [QUOTE]

People with their heads shoved all the way up their asses (this includes many Dems and Reps) think Obama is a staunch pacifist/non-interventionist. That's why it is perceived to them as anti-O.

I don't think anyone perceives this as anti-Obama other than the person who wrote this post (not the OP, but wherever they got it from).