PDA

View Full Version : Which is the most harmful of the three branches in the last 100 years?

dude58677
03-01-2009, 04:54 PM
They are all at fault but one of them has to be the worst.

Epic
03-01-2009, 04:57 PM
It's a good question I'll say supreme court cause its their job to say "wtf are you guys doing thats unconstitutional"

Every inch the supreme court gives will be taken by the Executive/Legislative branches.

2nd place Executive branch cause they decided to go for some crazy wars. Congress has such little power now.

nate895
03-01-2009, 04:58 PM
It's a good question I'll say supreme court cause its their job to say "wtf are you guys doing thats unconstitutional"

Every inch the supreme court gives will be taken by the Executive/Legislative branches.

+1

GBurr
03-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I have to say legislative because they are the one's who have decided to give a ton of their power to the executive branch. This has caused a great deal of the unconstitutional acts. The Supreme Court is also at fault because they never said NO.

BuddyRey
03-01-2009, 05:42 PM
The whole dadgum system is fatally flawed, in my opinion. Members of all three branches really work for the state, not the people. The only objective for a bureaucrat is to serve the government as effectively as possible, so that he or she can keep his or her job.

heavenlyboy34
03-01-2009, 05:50 PM
I only picked Congress because they tend to be more prolific at destroying the lives of Americans. :p:mad:

mport1
03-01-2009, 06:01 PM
The courts let everybody else get away with whatever they want. We should do away with them all though :)

tpreitzel
03-01-2009, 06:08 PM
They are all at fault but one of them has to be the worst.

I can't agree that one branch MUST be the worst. ;) I do agree with the sentiment, however. Since none of the branches have exercised constitutional power to restrain one another, all three branches have colluded together to usurp unconstitutional power which was reserved to the states and their respective peoples.

Truth Warrior
03-01-2009, 07:26 PM
A three-way tie for first place for somewhat different reasons.<IMHO> :(

UtahApocalypse
03-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Supreme Court.... it is their sole responsibility to check the constitutionality of everything that the other branches do. They have failed miserably at that.

Paulitical Correctness
03-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Why choose?

A little harmful and devastatingly harmful are both harmful.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-01-2009, 08:22 PM
The judicial branch as a whole.

torchbearer
03-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Congress.
They hold the most power.
The purse string.
The power of war.
Creation of law.
Etc.

Truth Warrior
03-01-2009, 09:20 PM
I only picked Congress because they tend to be more prolific at destroying the lives of Americans. :p:mad: But the POTUS signs the "laws" ( so called ) to put them into effect. ;) :p :mad:

DjLoTi
03-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Before Vietnam? Congress. After? Executive. Overall? Exec.

Aratus
03-02-2009, 10:52 AM
A three-way tie for first place for somewhat different reasons.<IMHO> :(

1 or 2 or 3 choises nuances the poll. have to say congress in terms of sheer size and stupidity. ---in good king, bad king terms, our potus is sometimes
almost as stupid as congress.--- john marshall was one of our better jurists. as a result, its SPECIFIC decisions that either truely reek to high heaven or seem divine wisdom brought down to be amoungst we meer mortals. even if i was ever truely thinkin' on and along the lines of jeff davis and his kith and kin, i know the taney court dred scott decision tore open monroe + clay's historic compromise. events then ensued. nearly all 20th century decisions are lesser by comparison to either john marshall at his best or poor taney at his unique lonely worst. there is a tyme when secular mundane politics should have been supreme court wisdomings. no wonder james buchanan MAY be our worst potus...

Aratus
03-02-2009, 10:56 AM
in terms of size and stupidity, i say congress. i like will rogers and his wit. can't quite paint all potuses and all supreme court jurists with the same blanket brush...