PDA

View Full Version : What Islam is Not? Video from my dad.

ClayTrainor
03-01-2009, 04:08 PM
My Dad just sent me this video, thinking that I need a wake-up call about the Islamic threat...

Here's the description of the video "If you are concerned with Islam and the Islamization of YOUR country, this video has a message for YOU. "

and here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8789NMWZ9EI

I'm curious to hear the thoughts on this forum :cool:

sirachman
03-01-2009, 05:26 PM
lol.

emazur
03-01-2009, 05:35 PM
I consider myself very tolerant and accepting of other beliefs, but to be honest, as it stands, I do not want a large influx of Muslim immigrants (or large influx of any particular group of immigrants) into the US. Do people feel that such an influx of Muslims is occurring now? I personally don't feel that way (I don't know if this post makes me sound anti-immigrant. I'm not)

But how about countries where there is a very high population of Muslims but is relatively peaceful? Can someone give some examples?

And I don't have enough historical knowledge to solidly state this, but I'll bet the spread of Christianity throughout the centuries has also caused many formerly non-Christian nations to become more violent than they once were (could be wrong, feel free to correct me)

Kludge
03-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Dearborn, Michigan is fairly peaceful :)

No jihads or crusades going on.

EgwaTlvdatsi
03-01-2009, 05:48 PM
And I don't have enough historical knowledge to solidly state this, but I'll bet the spread of Christianity throughout the centuries has also caused many formerly non-Christian nations to become more violent than they once were (could be wrong, feel free to correct me)

I haven't found much information and it seems that the information may not have been written down, but at least from what I've seen that violence really hasn't changed at all. It still is as it was. However, Guatemala was once the wealthiest nation here in the Americas, now it is one of the more poorer. Truthfully, Mexico as well as the southern parts of Mexico were well off, now how well off are they?

The Incas once ruled a large area, had wealth and power, now what do they have?

Violent wise, it is relatively constant, no different.

:Edit:

Just remembered something more. I have read a lot about the natives who live down in South America, as well as several other groups, and it seems the ones who retain the most of their religion and culture are actually far less violent. I have read about drug smugglers, etc that have killed natives, as well as others, but I haven't read anything as of yet of the natives killing any of the "intruders", though I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen, but not on the scale of the native killings.

heavenlyboy34
03-01-2009, 05:55 PM
To my knowledge, Qatar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar) has historically been comparatively peaceful in dealings with neighbors and the West.

orafi
03-01-2009, 06:13 PM
islamization? what is that? is that as bad as democratization (you know, the very thing that has murdered and maimed tens of millions of people all over the world in the past century)?

what bull shit.

TastyWheat
03-01-2009, 10:22 PM
islamization? what is that? is that as bad as democratization (you know, the very thing that has murdered and maimed tens of millions of people all over the world in the past century)?

what bull shit.

Aside from us what other examples are there? Rereading Chris Peden's page today he claimed we must support democracy around the world because democracies don't attack each other.

TastyWheat
03-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh, and you should tell him to watch "Who Speaks for Islam?" on LinkTV.org.

smartguy911
03-01-2009, 10:39 PM
We put Circle K (kosher) on pretty much every food item, so I guess why not Halal. I am sure eventually they will ask for it.