PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in SEATTLE

goldstandard
09-15-2007, 06:20 AM
I think these days the campaign really took off. First the rising donations, then the growing media coverage. :)

This is about the September 14th Seattle Lunch (No Rick, sorry):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-U7bj4gt4

RCA
09-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Please send thanks to those two reporters who were in that video for that great and unbiased coverage of Ron Paul.

RadioDJforPaul
09-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Saw this...great stuff.

I'm new here, but have been lurking for a while. His speech last night on Justin TV was incredible.

ceakins
09-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Heh, I'm the one that posted that video, and didn't see this post so now there are two threads about it. LOL I hope to have some more video up soon of the speech.

Paul4Prez
09-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Any estimates on how many were at the rally at the Westin? The Seattle Times said 400 at the speech at Seattle University, but I haven't seen any estimates for the big rally.

Did anyone on the forum attend? Is there video?

Harald
09-15-2007, 11:59 AM
There were 1300 chairs set up. When Ron Paul came, there were about 90 empty chairs in the back row. Probably 20 chairs empty scattered somewhere in the middle and about 30-40 people standing near the stage.

My guess would be 1200.

I am not sure we had any media though. The good part that local news reported twice that a 1000 people expected at Westin.

ceakins
09-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Any estimates on how many were at the rally at the Westin? The Seattle Times said 400 at the speech at Seattle University, but I haven't seen any estimates for the big rally.

Did anyone on the forum attend? Is there video?

I got some of the speech and will be posting it later on youtube. I was at the lunch, the SU speech, and at the Rally, there was a lot of people at the Rally and the Speech. Someone posted video of the SU Speech.

goldstandard
09-15-2007, 03:40 PM
ceakins: Sorry that I didn't see your thread. Great video.

Karsten
09-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Ok. But where the heck is the RALLY video? That's what I want to see, not the lunch video.

Lord Xar
09-15-2007, 04:08 PM
The Rally video is just like all the others: A few pastey faced, fat, frusterated white guys who havn't been laid in years waving signs.

Just post one of the others.

Really, check out woman on RonPaul2008.com front page.. she doesn't seem fat, pasty white to me?

Its okay RONULAN, Americans will no longer tolerate the special interests, ignorance that is defined by you.

We want change, you want the hand-outs and gunbmit cheese. Its okay -- if my gravy train was ending to a renewed sense of self-reliance, I'd be scared too.

Poor scared boy, its okay. I sense some femininity with your writing, so perhaps you are a female. I could be wrong.

BuddyRey
09-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Really, check out woman on RonPaul2008.com front page.. she doesn't seem fat, pasty white to me?

Its okay RONULAN, Americans will no longer tolerate the special interests, ignorance that is defined by you.

We want change, you want the hand-outs and gunbmit cheese. Its okay -- if my gravy train was ending to a renewed sense of self-reliance, I'd be scared too.

Poor scared boy, its okay. I sense some femininity with your writing, so perhaps you are a female. I could be wrong.

I love it, Xar! You hit him with this irrefutable proof of how wide-ranging RP's support really is, and Ronulan slowly oozes back into the mist from whence he came.

ceakins
09-15-2007, 04:36 PM
The Rally video is just like all the others: A few pastey faced, fat, frusterated white guys who havn't been laid in years waving signs.

Just post one of the others.

You seriously need to get out more often.

surf
09-15-2007, 05:32 PM
it was quite nice. there were some folks i could tell had come in off the street to watch. my friend, a capital D, stood and applauded a few times during the speech.

in case you missed it, Lew Moore said that they figured to have picked up $500k on this west coast swing. he also intimated a January swing through the northwest and said something to the effect of "we'll get 10,000 at the next one."

Thankyou, Dr. Paul, for visiting the Northwest

Paul4Prez
09-15-2007, 05:50 PM
My guess would be 1200.

I am not sure we had any media though. The good part that local news reported twice that a 1000 people expected at Westin.

Are the media types just lazy, or are they not being given enough advance notice? Maybe we need some kind of press kit, with DVDs of past rallies to show them that a Ron Paul visit is a big time event.

The local Fox reporter in LA who covered the USC rally seemed genuinely impressed with the enthusiasm of the crowd. It seemed to rub off on her.

zbus12
01-22-2008, 02:01 AM
uh oops