PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul lost?

DjLoTi
02-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Ron Paul tied 3rd in the straw poll in washington of who would be the best repub 2 run in 2012. Romney won with 20%, jindal 2nd with 16, and both Ron and Sarah Palin 3rd with 13%

OK... how can I explain this ....

Romney is the Obama of the republicans. He looks good, talks sharp, and is a tactful politician. Key word - Politician. Everyone is taking about Jindal because he runs with the party and is a bit unique on his own ... either way he's good 2 the party so they like him.

Sarah Palin. People think, right? She was good before she became famous. She has a long way to go to rebuild her image and if she wants to run with the big boys she's gonna have to grow up ... quick .... because her charm is not gonna win her beauty points. haha ;-)

Oh and Ron Paul... Well... I'm not so sure about him. I'm not sure he's going to do anything different from 2008. I foresee mistakes, miscues, miscalculations, all across the board.

I *do* believe however that even if Ron Paul and his campaign ignore the ticking time bomb ( his campaign ) the people of the us will work hard to make Ron Paul place better then he did last year.

I put my heart and soul into 2008 like the lost and lovely dreamer that I am. I can't imagine anything more that I would want, personally, or work harder for, then to end the corporate and corrupt control around Washington. We would revolutionize the world, forever, and that is why I can't imagine voting for anyone else other then Ron Paul.

I hope I have everyone's support because I believe I have good ideas and I am a positive influence to the campaign. I've been out the scene for a loooooonggggg time but guess what my life is getting better and it's not so crazy, lo and behold here I am following up on politics again.

No but seriously good job placing 3rd in Washington, that's pretty legit. I honestly think it could be better but lets just say my presence hasn't exactly been felt around Ron Paul's campaign ;-)

Hope everyone's having a wonderful Saturday night ... it's chilly here in Texas ...

t0rnado
02-28-2009, 08:37 PM
He did better than last year when he was actually running for president.

slacker921
02-28-2009, 08:39 PM
LOL.. but.. Ron Paul (the most hated by the neoconservatives) tied with the "cuda".. I can't wait to spring that on a Palin lover. "yeah, did you hear that Ron Paul tied with her in the CPAC straw poll?" .. heheh..

I can understand Romney finishing first (he's slick, people forget his less than conservative past, etc) but *Jindal*?? Ugh. WTF are people thinking.

DjLoTi
02-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Jindal is a total neo-con. He's an attack dog for the party. The government of Louisiana is like the southern Illinois, history of corruption and a bit sketchy. He's just like Giuliani. Remember, Giuliani was getting like 15-20% before the voting actually happened.

nate895
02-28-2009, 08:58 PM
LOL.. but.. Ron Paul (the most hated by the neoconservatives) tied with the "cuda".. I can't wait to spring that on a Palin lover. "yeah, did you hear that Ron Paul tied with her in the CPAC straw poll?" .. heheh..

I can understand Romney finishing first (he's slick, people forget his less than conservative past, etc) but *Jindal*?? Ugh. WTF are people thinking.

He beat her, it was just too close to make a difference in the percentages they received.

Rangeley
02-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah, he came in 3rd, Palin 4th.

DjLoTi
02-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Dude this article was horrible. Out of about a page and a half, Ron Paul had a very short, vauge, single paragraph about his enthusiastic supporters. The media *doesn't care*, doesn't understand, and is going to be highly slanted not in our favor if he runs again in 2012

DjLoTi
02-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Here it is. It was from CNN. Talk about media bias. Not really, I just think they're clueless. Either way, it's bad news for us next election

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/28/cpac/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

trey4sports
02-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Here it is. It was from CNN. Talk about media bias. Not really, I just think they're clueless. Either way, it's bad news for us next election

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/28/cpac/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

christ, its four years away!!!!!!!!!!!!
do you really think this CPAC article is going to have any relevance when it comes time for 2012?!?!?

i am a natural pessimist but considering we took 3rd and over 13% of the hardline party "base" in 2009, im pretty damn sure that weve make a LOT of progress.

DjLoTi
02-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Don't get me wrong I think it's cool, but it doesn't look like the race is gonna begin with Ron Paul winning 35%. It's *not* easy electing a president, it takes a lot of work, especially with a big country like ours. The media is gonna fall in love with mitt and jindal and palin and ron's gonna be on the outskirts again ... maybe having a bigger % then one of them but still being the social 'outsider', and it's going to hurt in the media and in the election

TastyWheat
02-28-2009, 10:30 PM
I think the GOP has no chance with any of the pre-established candidates. Romney and Palin get lumped in as Bush-followers and part of the establishment; they'd never win. Jindal may have a chance, but I think most of his strong conservative talk is just a show. He thinks parroting Reagan will get him elected. Ron Paul is still pretty unknown to a lot of people so that's actually an advantage if the GOP wants to change their image. Looking at Ron's record too will also clearly set him apart from Bush.

Bruno
02-28-2009, 10:36 PM
He would blow away Palin and Jindal in debates. The 1 percentage point difference is neglible and Paul could easily overcome that. This just shows that he is essentionlly only vying for 1st place against Romney. There is no other competition close at this point, though there is a long way to go.

And let's not forget to get a good laugh out of McCain receiving fifth! :D

slacker921
02-28-2009, 10:44 PM
I think the GOP has no chance with any of the pre-established candidates. Romney and Palin get lumped in as Bush-followers and part of the establishment; they'd never win. Jindal may have a chance, but I think most of his strong conservative talk is just a show. He thinks parroting Reagan will get him elected. ...

The key is WAR. They all support more war. If the GOP is going to win they'll have to give up the war mongering, but they've done such a good job brainwashing their base into believing the WoT BS they'll have a hard time undoing it.

The brand is damaged goods.. the GOP can't give up the war stance.. the country desperately needs another party.

lynnf
03-01-2009, 07:14 AM
christ, its four years away!!!!!!!!!!!!
do you really think this CPAC article is going to have any relevance when it comes time for 2012?!?!?

i am a natural pessimist but considering we took 3rd and over 13% of the hardline party "base" in 2009, im pretty damn sure that weve make a LOT of progress.

yes, there is reason for optimism here - Ron was only 1 percentage point below the 2nd place Jindal, and twice the percentage of the Huckster.

lynn

Conza88
03-01-2009, 07:26 AM
How I Won in the Election by John Sophocleus (http://mises.org/MultiMedia/mp3/bb05/Sophocleus.mp3)

Ron Paul did way more than win.

Isaiah's Job by Albert Jay Nock (http://mises.org/story/2892)

He started a rEVOLution. The Remnant has banded together. We're organized and prepared. Next time we'll be ready...

werdd
03-01-2009, 07:55 AM
I personally think that 13% this early is impressive.

carmaphob
03-01-2009, 08:18 AM
I personally think that 13% this early is impressive.

Agreed!

Pennsylvania
03-01-2009, 08:24 AM
If Ron runs, Ron wins. I see no other possible outcome personally.

I wouldn't let any CPAC numbers get you down one bit folks. There's just too much enthusiasm in Dr. Paul's corner too early on in the game for anyone else to even have a shot. I personally am going to spam every telephone pole, sidewalk, and bulletin board that I can find with the name of Dr. Ron Paul. The only thing that kept us back last time was name-recognition and that is not going to happen again, even if we have to bust in some people's ish and force feed them the gospel of Ron Paul for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Lucille
03-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Vox Day:

Republicans never learn (http://voxday.blogspot.com/2009/03/republicans-never-learn.html)

These results can only mean that 13 percent of the "conservatives" at CPAC have a functional brain. Romney is a liberal technocrat. Jindal is a little goblin who just blew his first moment on the national stage, he's the sort of politician that only political geeks would take seriously as a presidential candidate. Palin has genuine political star power, but she's of dubious conservative credentials. However, she is much more viable than the other two and would look particularly good if paired as a running mate for Ron Paul, who is the most principled politician in the country, has a broad-spectrum national following, and has been remarkably, demonstrably, prescient about domestic and foreign affairs.

If the Republicans want to win in 2012, their best bet among the current list of candidates would be to go with a Paul-Palin ticket. Obama's massive stimulus package will have failed by then and Ron Paul is the only potential Republican candidate who can credibly explain why. Paul's age is a problem, but it could turn out to be a benefit once Obama's inexperience and general cluelessness becomes apparent to the electorate and a pairing with the next generation's only star would help alleviate the issue.

Thoughts?

Thrashertm
03-01-2009, 12:28 PM
A lot can change in the next few years as we approach the next election. The economy is almost certainly going to get worse, and Ron Paul is going to look wiser and more sage-like. I believe Mitt was one of the fools claiming that the economy was strong back in 2007, while Ron Paul sang like a canary in the coal mine.

Lucille
03-01-2009, 02:04 PM
LOL@ RedState (http://www.redstate.com/brianfaughnan/2009/02/28/cpac-straw-poll-results/)'s dishonesty:

We have the results of the CPAC straw poll of preferences for the 2012 presidential race:

Mitt Romney — 20 percent
Bobby Jindal — 14 percent
Sarah Palin — 13 percent
Ron Paul — 13 percent

Lucille
03-01-2009, 02:08 PM
That RedState thread is hysterical! What a buncha bed-wetting neocon losers.