PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Cherry is running against Ron Paul for his congressional seat in 2010. (Video)

JoshLowry
02-28-2009, 11:45 AM
"Ron Paul does not represent the conservative values..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C351elGWI2A

transistor
02-28-2009, 11:51 AM
lol

AdamT
02-28-2009, 11:51 AM
LOL what a neocon!

torchbearer
02-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Hahahahahahaha!

Kotin
02-28-2009, 11:52 AM
so let another loser run up a campaign debt he wont easily pay off.. lool

Sandra
02-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Oooo! There's a comment section!

FrankRep
02-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Neo-con alert!

torchbearer
02-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Does he list conservative values?

1. Public Education
2. Nation Building/Empire Building
3. Nationalized Health Care
4. Domestic Spying
5. Private Company Bailouts

Sandra
02-28-2009, 11:57 AM
LOL what a neocon!

Neocons are actually far left liberals. Liberals want the Feds to run everything and are defeated when presented with their liberal standings publicly.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I might have to relocate in 2009. Anyone got a link to a map of RP's district?

MRoCkEd
02-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Don't even give this guy attention.

LibertyEagle
02-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Did you notice his comment about "what Ron Paul considers civil liberties"? :mad:

FrankRep
02-28-2009, 12:13 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas%27s_14th_congressional_district

LibertyEagle
02-28-2009, 12:16 PM
He's just another big government leftist.

MRoCkEd
02-28-2009, 12:19 PM
http://www.cherryforcongress.com

His website, if interested. LOL

email (be polite)
cherryforcongress@gmail.com

Jeremy
02-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Too bad so sad for Chris Peden :D

Cowlesy
02-28-2009, 12:22 PM
He's just another big government leftist.

Yup!

Jeremy
02-28-2009, 12:23 PM
How dare he say Ron Paul "fought against our military!" Ron Paul WAS IN the military, were you Mr Cherry?

torchbearer
02-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Mr. Cherry is about to get his cherry burst.

speciallyblend
02-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Mr. Cherry is about to get his cherry burst.

did mr cherry even serve in the military?

torchbearer
02-28-2009, 12:26 PM

If he did, he isn't proud enough about it to post it proudly... so i'd guess, no.

Jeremy
02-28-2009, 12:27 PM
I honestly feel bad for him... he doesn't know any better... doesn't realize who Ron Paul is... :/

frasu
02-28-2009, 12:29 PM
This guy loves NAFTA and :

Insistence upon a local market would only drive prices up further and lead to greater resource depletion finding us on the short supply side when global products must be attained.

No to mention that he thinks:

The Patriot Act provides safety measures without compromising our liberties.

lol

Cowlesy
02-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Oh well, no need to get worked up into a huff about this guy.

Clearly he's reciting lines from the side of the Republican Party that hates Ron Paul. Those who used to support that side of the party are pretty much sick of it, and they'll have a hard time funding this guy's campaign.

Of course all RP needs to do is send out an appeal and a million bucks shows up.

I really wish people wouldn't get nasty with this guy on Youtube. Just state how he's wrong, what he's said is false and why Ron Paul is conservative. Maybe it'll make the guy think.

JoshLowry
02-28-2009, 12:32 PM
A thousand nations of the Liberty empire descend upon you!

demolama
"I'm a conservative looking for more money for everything!!"

JoshLowry
I really wish people wouldn't get nasty with this guy on Youtube. Just state how he's wrong, what he's said is false and why Ron Paul is conservative. Maybe it'll make the guy think.

+1

Except I think people are going to trash him.

Jeremy
02-28-2009, 12:33 PM
A thousand nations of the Liberty empire descend upon you!

Our arrows will blot out the sun!

itshappening
02-28-2009, 12:36 PM
sad thing is when RP is done some neocon is going to take that seat and just be another GOP lemming.

it really sickens me.

Jeremy
02-28-2009, 12:37 PM
sad thing is when RP is done some neocon is going to take that seat and just be another GOP lemming.

it really sickens me.

Unless we have something to say about it first :D

We need to find someone...

Anti Federalist
02-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Wanna bet the national GOP backs this guy to the hilt as the campaign progresses?

Any takers?

Jeremy
02-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Wanna bet the national GOP backs this guy to the hilt as the campaign progresses?

Any takers?

I don't think they do that...

angelatc
02-28-2009, 12:48 PM

They tried it before, and Paul still won.

demolama
02-28-2009, 12:48 PM
if it was 8 years ago they would have... and they did just that before. But I think they are wise enough now to realize that he isn't going anywhere.

itshappening
02-28-2009, 12:56 PM
he will be gone sooner or later then we'll be back to the same old GOP

eventually the democrats will screw up and then the GOP will be back in power justifying big spending again!

the cycle never ends.

still, we have CFL and that is the future in my opinion.

Jeremy
02-28-2009, 12:57 PM
They tried it before, and Paul still won.

The national GOP didn't back Chris Peden...

LibertyEagle
02-28-2009, 12:59 PM

Yes, they do.

Anti Federalist
02-28-2009, 01:02 PM

The flavor of "conservative values" that worked so well in 2006 and 2008?

Lulz.

I swear, the GOP wants to spend 40 years in the wilderness.

Rangeley
02-28-2009, 01:06 PM
The GOP establishment has gone against him in the past, but not when he was the incumbent - only when he was running in an open field. They haven't done it since he was elected again in the 90's.

BuddyRey
02-28-2009, 01:16 PM

Do you really think that's realistic? Do you really believe he'll open up his mind to a philosophy of liberty and say, "Oh...I never thought about it that way. Nevermind about the Congressional run!" No way! This guy has all of his marching orders from on high, straight from the Texas GOP I'd wager. The only way to win against people like this is to shove their lack of facts and principles in their faces. Granted, the kid gloves approach is best when trying to convert ordinary people, but this guy is a politician.

HOLLYWOOD
02-28-2009, 01:19 PM

Any takers?

That's the scary part... if you don't fit "The Party" mold, everything is done to remove you. It has nothing to do with free elections, democracy, the Republic, etc. It's about the PARTY and their screwed up Ideologies.

(I think of that movie with Clint Eastwood in FireFox - Russian dialec, "This is the Party Secretary, return the property of the USSR")

Oh and when a local representative doesn't have enough money to compete against an opponent/Rival, the DNC/RNC steps in with the Ads, Commercials, and local funding. (This is the big loophole in Campaign Financing and noticed this extensively in the 2008 elections) You can donate up to $25K to the National party, which turns the money around and wins seats locally.

The there's the other half, no comply with 'THE PARTY', no national funds for your campaign. Just what the Democrats did to BJ Lawson. Yes I know, both parties don't fight in some backyards in futile elections and agreements.

I'd like to see how this CHERRY FOREVER will get his Campaign Funding... you know there will be dirt and it should be exposed.

Imperial
02-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Jeffrey Cherry is actually a really cool guy. He was my teacher a few years ago too...really learned alot in his class.

You don't have to attack his personal integrity. He is a good guy and believes in what he says. Just because he doesn't agree with everything doesn't mean you should attack him. Of course being a different candidate he will hold different opinions than Ron Paul.

You guys should be embracing the opportunity. I want to see Ron Paul in a 1 on 1 debate.

Jeremy
02-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Jeffrey Cherry is actually a really cool guy. He was my teacher a few years ago too...really learned alot in his class.

You don't have to attack his personal integrity. He is a good guy and believes in what he says. Just because he doesn't agree with everything doesn't mean you should attack him. Of course being a different candidate he will hold different opinions than Ron Paul.

You guys should be embracing the opportunity. I want to see Ron Paul in a 1 on 1 debate.
Well that's why I say I feel sorry for him. Because he is going to be under a lot of pressure starting today. :/

torchbearer

Anyone who listens to what ron paul says... and then thinks he isn't what this country needs... has something wrong with their head.
Period.

JoshLowry
It's a great learning opportunity indeed.

angelatc
The national GOP didn't back Chris Peden...

No, waaaay back in 1996. From Wikipedia:

n 1996, Paul was re-elected to Congress after the toughest campaign race he had faced since the 1970s. Since the Republicans had taken over both houses of Congress in the 1994 election, Paul entered the race hopeful that his Constitutionalist policies of tax cuts, closing agencies, and curbing the UN would have more support,[45] but he quickly concluded "there was no sincere effort" toward his goals.[9] The Republican National Committee focused instead on encouraging Democrats to switch parties, as Paul's primary opponent, incumbent Greg Laughlin, had done in 1995. The party threw its full weight behind Laughlin, including support from House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Governor George W. Bush, and the National Rifle Association. Paul responded by running newspaper ads quoting Gingrich's harsh criticisms of Laughlin's Democratic voting record 14 months earlier.[13] Paul won the primary with support from baseball pitcher, constituent, and friend Nolan Ryan (as honorary campaign chair and ad spokesman), as well as tax activist Steve Forbes[5] and conservative commentator Pat Buchanan (both of whom had run presidential campaigns that year).

Imperial
02-28-2009, 01:32 PM
BTW, for anybody who is interested, he HAS read The Revolution: A Manifesto.

At the very least, if he does win the seat he would listen to our views.

And whoever said Mr. Cherry is a politician, he hasn't run for political office before.

LibertyEagle
02-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Do you really think that's realistic? Do you really believe he'll open up his mind to a philosophy of liberty and say, "Oh...I never thought about it that way. Nevermind about the Congressional run!" No way! This guy has all of his marching orders from on high, straight from the Texas GOP I'd wager. The only way to win against people like this is to shove their lack of facts and principles in their faces. Granted, the kid gloves approach is best when trying to convert ordinary people, but this guy is a politician.

Yeah, but I don't think about our comments being for him. I think about them being for the other people who read there. We want to make them think. If we call him names, I think it will backfire on us.

LibertyEagle
02-28-2009, 01:37 PM

Actually, HE is the one who attacked Ron Paul. Moreover, he gave a fictitious definition of conservatism and then went on to suggest big government stick their noses where they have no business being.

Yeah, he's a different candidate. But, he is no conservative and he shouldn't call himself one.

rockandrollsouls
02-28-2009, 01:42 PM

No, this guy is a joker.

But hey, if Cherry actually beats out Paul miraculously maybe it will convince him to announce a late run for president!!

Cowlesy
02-28-2009, 01:48 PM

Any takers?

They'll absolutely get behind him. The GOP establishment hates Ron Paul.

Ron takes food off their plates by exposing Republicans to the traditional principles of the party (and by doing so making people more reluctant to open up their wallets).

Starving the beast (The RNC) makes the beast angry.

It's all about $$$$ in the end.

Jeremy
02-28-2009, 01:53 PM
They'll absolutely get behind him. The GOP establishment hates Ron Paul.

Ron takes food off their plates by exposing Republicans to the traditional principles of the party (and by doing so making people more reluctant to open up their wallets).

Starving the beast (The RNC) makes the beast angry.

It's all about $$$$ in the end.

pah-leeaaase :rolleyes:

werdd
02-28-2009, 02:41 PM
I will be actively campaigning against this guy, and donating to Ron Paul.

Join The Paul Side
02-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Jeff Cherry: "Ron Paul does not represent the conservative values..."

Yeah, Jeff? Tell that to the crowd at CPAC. Watch them throw tomatoes at your dumb ass.

PatriotOne
02-28-2009, 02:56 PM
LOL....no love for Jeff in the comments section. I bet Jeff wasn't expecting THAT kind of response to his vid. I do wish there were more intelligent remarks though. Cursing at him and calling him a moron just makes the responders look worse than Mr. Cherry. Though after reading his Foreign Policy and Homeland Security section...he IS a dumbass ;)

RonPaulFanInGA
02-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Chris Peden said in 2008 he would run again against Paul in 2010. I don't know if he still plans to do it, but that'd be two underfunded losers running who'd together be lucky to combine for 35% of the vote.

Maybe time for a Ron Paul for Congress money bomb? I think he may still have well over a million in his warchest, it was 2.5 last I saw but I don't know how much of it Paul has given to the Campaign for Liberty. A million even would be likely ten times more than this Cherry character will ever take in in donations in a primary.

www.ronpaulforcongress.com

RonPaulFanInGA
02-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Seriously though, this guy is absolutely no threat. I thought Peden was, but nope. The 2008 campaign will be WELL off voters' minds in 2010, so I doubt playing the "I'll vote in congress to keep the war going forever" will play even in a republican primary in an anti-war republican district. If no one else runs against Paul in the primary but this guy, Paul will get at least 75% of the vote in March 2010.

Cynthia Sinatra 2006....Chris Peden 2008....Jeff Cherry 2010

Imperial
02-28-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't think you would need a Paul for Congress moneybomb yet. Money better spent on actual candidates

GBurr
02-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Looks like we are going to have to drop a money bomb.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-28-2009, 04:05 PM
oooo! There's a comment section!

lol...

Hamer
02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Yea like this guy has a prayer to win. lol what a full blown neocon

Anti Federalist
02-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Yet another reason I'm glad I backed out of the NRA and bought a membership to GOA.

Look, I apologized in another thread for sounding "sour grapes", at the, honestly, heroic efforts that some are making at GOP "reform", for want of a better word.

But I'm really having a http://cur.cursors-4u.net/smilies/images1/smi20.gif kind of time with that whole concept.

The GOP is doing what it is supposed to do: provide a false "right" solution for the wreck that the US is becoming. Let's look at it objectively: Goldwater - Reagan - Gingrich - W - Paul, at each step along the way, "reformers" who have touted high principles were co-opted, run off or marginalized. I still stand by my conviction that any efforts by RP people within the GOP will be co-opted in the same way they have been for generations now.

It's like "reforming" public schools, any effort at reform is due to fail, because the schools, like the two political parties, are doing just what they are supposed to do.

And do I have a solution? No, honestly, I don't, that's why my head is sore, I wish I could come up with one. So you can flame me for that, it's deserved I suppose.

I just know that the solution does not lie within the either major political party.

n 1996, Paul was re-elected to Congress after the toughest campaign race he had faced since the 1970s. Since the Republicans had taken over both houses of Congress in the 1994 election, Paul entered the race hopeful that his Constitutionalist policies of tax cuts, closing agencies, and curbing the UN would have more support,[45] but he quickly concluded "there was no sincere effort" toward his goals.[9] The Republican National Committee focused instead on encouraging Democrats to switch parties, as Paul's primary opponent, incumbent Greg Laughlin, had done in 1995. The party threw its full weight behind Laughlin, including support from House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Governor George W. Bush, and the National Rifle Association. Paul responded by running newspaper ads quoting Gingrich's harsh criticisms of Laughlin's Democratic voting record 14 months earlier.[13] Paul won the primary with support from baseball pitcher, constituent, and friend Nolan Ryan (as honorary campaign chair and ad spokesman), as well as tax activist Steve Forbes[5] and conservative commentator Pat Buchanan (both of whom had run presidential campaigns that year).

speciallyblend
02-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Yet another reason I'm glad I backed out of the NRA and bought a membership to GOA.

Look, I apologized in another thread for sounding "sour grapes", at the, honestly, heroic efforts that some are making at GOP "reform", for want of a better word.

But I'm really having a http://cur.cursors-4u.net/smilies/images1/smi20.gif kind of time with that whole concept.

The GOP is doing what it is supposed to do: provide a false "right" solution for the wreck that the US is becoming. Let's look at it objectively: Goldwater - Reagan - Gingrich - W - Paul, at each step along the way, "reformers" who have touted high principles were co-opted, run off or marginalized. I still stand by my conviction that any efforts by RP people within the GOP will be co-opted in the same way they have been for generations now.

It's like "reforming" public schools, any effort at reform is due to fail, because the schools, like the two political parties, are doing just what they are supposed to do.

And do I have a solution? No, honestly, I don't, that's why my head is sore, I wish I could come up with one. So you can flame me for that, it's deserved I suppose.

I just know that the solution does not lie within the either major political party.

well this next project will be right down your alley;) so start getting mad:)

t0rnado
02-28-2009, 07:19 PM
He isn't just an idiot, he's a hypocritical parasite. He only has a job as a public high school teacher because the government robs people of their money. Conservatives are against the government feeding propaganda to their kids.

Anti Federalist
02-28-2009, 08:06 PM
well this next project will be right down your alley;) so start getting mad:)

I'm already in a high state of piss off, so I'm ready.;)

t0rnado
02-28-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't think any of us should make a site or anything against this guy because it would just bring him more attention. Considering that this guy is a high school teacher, he won't be able to garner as much money or popularity as a career politician.

We should wait and save our energy for someone who is backed by the national GOP.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-28-2009, 08:45 PM

Any takers?

If you get any takers I want in on the action. It would not surprise me if the GOP throws the farm against Ron Paul. And if the GOP does not the Dem's surely will. From a purely tactical standpoint our opposition surely believes Ron Paul must go at any cost. If you want to meet Obama everyone who lives in the 14th district of Texas will have the opportunity.

Roxi
02-28-2009, 09:46 PM
from his site:

Update: January 13, 2009
On Friday, January 9th the U.S. Congress passed the following resolution:
Recognizing Israels right to defend itself against attacks from Gaza, reaffirming the United States strong support for Israel, and supporting the Israeli-Palestinian peace process. The vote was 390 - 5. Only ONE Republican voted against it; Ron Paul.

The situation in Israel and Gaza today is the latest in an ongoing inability of the key players to put the people first. Who are the key players I am talking about? I am referring to the Palestinian leaders of Hamas and Fatah. Though the media would have us believe that this is simply another example of excessive force by the Israelis; the ongoing unwillingness and or inability of Hamas in particular to prevent the Qassam rocket attacks on Israeli towns is the cause of this escalation in violence.

I was fortunate enough to spend some time in Israel this past summer. It is incredible to actually see how small this country is. It is slightly smaller than New Jersey in size and you can drive across the width of the country in about 45 minutes. The Jewish people have endured a consistent pattern of Arab attack throughout its history. In every situation from their independence in 1948, to the wars in 1956, 1967, 1973, the Israelis have had to defend themselves from Arab armies. As an Israeli friend said to me, “we can’t afford to lose even once”. Over the past 2 decades in particular, they have had to deal with internal attacks from Palestinians. Further complicating the situation is the fact that countries such as Iran and Syria have run proxy wars against Israel in their support for Hezbollah terrorists in Lebanon. Ahmedinejad’s rhetoric is not viewed as idle threats by the Israeli people. The interception of weapons from Iran coming into Gaza by ship is but one example of their support for terrorists.

The provocation by Hamas inevitably invites an Israeli response. We hear the typical liberal response of how Israel has victimized the people of Gaza. There is no doubt that the number of casualties will be decidedly lopsided. Of course more Palestinians will be killed or injured. By convincing young people from the earliest age that to die for the cause is virtuous and possibly inevitable; Palestinian communities take no precautions in protecting the civilian population from the retaliatory strikes by Israel. There is evidence that putting civilians in harms way is encouraged in an attempt to draw more attention to their cause as the media swoops in to condemn excessive Israeli force. The Israeli population on the other hand will do everything possible to protect their citizens through warning systems that have helped prevent further casualties. What must be remembered at all times is that Hamas, the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade and others purposely TARGET Israeli civilians. The Israeli army does not TARGET civilians. Due to these tactics by Hamas, unfortunately innocent Palestinian women and children have died. Israel has also provided hundreds of pounds of food and aid since the recent conflict broke out. However, Israel must cooperate with international agencies and make every attempt to provide and allow medical and humanitarian supplies to reach the civilians of Gaza.

There is no doubt that we hope that calmer heads prevail and that people in Israel can return to their normal lives. I sincerely hope that the Israeli government uses the best possible judgment on the path it must take to protect its citizenry. For the Palestinian people, my greatest hope is that leadership emerges that unites the various factions. This fractious population has been left to wonder what a real functioning government looks like. Without a peaceful approach from the Palestinians, the two-state solution will remain elusive and outbreaks of violence will remain the norm.

Buffalo Bruce
02-28-2009, 10:58 PM
The Patriot Act provides safety measures without compromising our liberties.

The Patriot Act faces a tough battle with Democrats in control of the White House and Congress. It has been instrumental in our safety so far with domestic surveillance capabilities helping to prevent another 9/11. Unfortunately it is not only liberals who have fought this much needed intelligence bill, but also your current Congressman Ron Paul. Cries that our civil liberties have been threatened are unfounded. I would suggest that you probably know of NO ONE who has ever been a victim of any element found within the Patriot Act. This is unfounded paranoia.

Congressman Paul did support the DHS Port Security Grant Program which I would also support. But this law would mean little without the continued protections of the Patriot Act and the reform and passage of FISA.

http://www.cherryforcongress.com/Homeland_Security.html

BarryDonegan
02-28-2009, 11:06 PM
what is
Partners in Progress for New Republicanism

Anti Federalist
02-28-2009, 11:08 PM
I would also support and vote for the marriage amendment act that defines marriage between a man and woman. Ron Paul voted against this amendment.

Despite the often spoken worries of eroded liberties in this increasingly complicated world. (sic) We are indeed blessed to live in a country that has provided the beacon of light on the hill and still stands for freedom for all who call America home. I would be proud to represent the values that are truly a part of our national conscious and to be your voice in Congress.

More to follow...

Anti Federalist
02-28-2009, 11:11 PM
The 14th Congressional District has been represented by a man who looks at the United States as a country that is an illegal occupier and one that has waged war without justification. Despite significant strategic mistakes in dealing with the war in Iraq, the war was justified at the time and supported by virtually all on the left and the right at its onset. The Iraqi people are now free to decide for themselves how to proceed with their future. Ron Paul’s repeated condemnation of President Bush and Congress who supported the President in 2003 shows a truly idealistic view of international relations. His is a naïve insistence that the world will leave us alone if we’ll just leave them alone. Despite his insistence that it is simply a non-interventionist philosophy, it is in fact an isolationist viewpoint that he erroneously and ashamedly plays as a patriotic message by quoting our Founding Fathers. This stance is dangerous to our very sovereignty. Once again, his philosophical position comes before the people as he has put our very troops in harms way as he voted against protective armor needed for personnel and military vehicles.

//

Anti Federalist
02-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Monetary policy as directed by the Federal Reserve has not adequately protected the American public due to a pattern of low interest rates; and unscrupulous mortgage lenders taking advantage of people seeking the American dream of owning a home. This was the defining issue that helped trigger the mortgage crisis. The government must now insist that the bailout money goes to ensure a line of credit to existing business and home owners and not to new money making schemes. Despite this, Ron Paul’s insistence on the suspension of the Federal Reserve and a return to the gold standard is completely unsound, unrealistic, and tremendously dangerous to our global position. As the world’s foremost economists agree, the outdated gold standard would prevent national governments from dealing with the dynamic changes shaping the world and the inevitable shocks we will face.

This one was especially confounding.

The fed caused this, the fed is bad, but getting rid of the illegal fed is "unrealistic" and "dangerous".

Neo-con asshat. Oh yeah, the national GOP will be all over this guy like white on rice.

Lafayette
02-28-2009, 11:24 PM
As the world’s foremost economists agree,

:D

the outdated gold standard would prevent national governments from dealing with the dynamic changes shaping the world and the inevitable shocks we will face.

Thats the whole point though, isnt it Mr Cherry ;)

Anti Federalist
02-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Oh, this one is even better:

If there was no fed, there would be no debt being sold to China that could be dumped and cause a "stock market crisis".

In case you didn't look, there is already a stock market crisis.

After 20 years of "free trade" we now have the world's largest trade imbalance, issues of critical national importance and sovereignty are being made by unelected bureaucrats in the WTO, and the solution is more of the same.

Dealing with a massive trade imbalance, the United States is on the brink of losing its economic position as the global standard. With a trade deficit of $816 billion dollars we now rank last in the world in trade imbalance. 45% of this debt is foreign owned. With the benefits of cheaper products comes the price of a potential upside down trade situation. Not ironically, China now ranks #1 as the country with the best trade surplus. Any type of global crisis that finds the U.S. and China on different sides of the situation could prove very precarious for us. Using economic leverage to influence an international situation is quite possible. China could dump as little as 5-10% of our U.S. Treasury bonds demanding hard currency, which could cause a huge stock market crisis.
We must seek to turn our potential difficult situations into positives. Countries such as China and India provide a potential huge market for American owned products. As they continue to industrialize and push further towards greater consumerism, it seems inevitable that there will be a balancing effect. However a true free market approach must insist that global trade continue openly if it is going to benefit the average American. Those at the top of the economic ladder have little concern for low cost goods, so it is of little concern to them that hard working people might pay higher prices. In a flattened world, governments including our own must be engaged in the system. Insistence upon a local market would only drive prices up further and lead to greater resource depletion finding us on the short supply side when global products must be attained. I do support our continued effort to pressure the Asian governments of China and Japan particularly to open more American made products into their markets. We must use our own leverage diplomatically and economically to insist on fair trade between our nations. Our insistence with the help of the WTO that intellectual property rights be strictly enforced will be critical to our advantage in technical and business innovation Billions of dollars have been lost to intellectual property theft.

Free Trade agreements must continue to be analyzed to close some of the loopholes that countries and corporations have taken advantage of. My opponent suggests our pullout from the North American Free Trade Agreement. I don’t believe it is in the best interest of the U.S. to do so as it would only hasten the nearly 700,000 employed Mexican maquiladora workers to cross into the United States. Without NAFTA and the elimination of quotas and tariffs, American companies would only move these factories further away to countries not bound by NAFTA. I believe firmly that this would put even further pressure on our U.S. border and drive the price up of many of our commodities and consumer products.

Roxi
03-01-2009, 02:16 AM
yeah sounds like a real stand up guy :)

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-01-2009, 03:11 AM
Sounds like your everyday politician to me so far.

Carole
03-01-2009, 03:48 AM
Another big government guy who does not believe in the free market system or the Constituition.

Another tool who thinks government should be running education and all the other usual bad ideas.

natedawg1604
03-01-2009, 04:50 PM

Hmm, yeah, Okay. Imperial, you have no idea what Mr. Cherry has gotten himself into...:) Mr. Cherry has just consented to receiving nation-wide scrutiny of any so-called "campaign" he may try to implement. Please note, however, that this does NOT mean Mr. Cherry will receive national media attention (or any media attention). To the contrary, the national media could care less about a Congressional Race in Texas. Imperial, for you own sake, I hope you are not planning to volunteer for Mr. Cherry's so-called "campaign". Trust me, you don't want to get totally burned out from politics by volunteering for a SHAM congressional candidate such as Mr. Cherry.

angelatc
03-01-2009, 04:58 PM
He isn't just an idiot, he's a hypocritical parasite. He only has a job as a public high school teacher because the government robs people of their money. Conservatives are against the government feeding propaganda to their kids.

That was my thought as well. A conservative union teacher. Yeah, uh, ok.

Kotin
03-01-2009, 05:01 PM

indeed.. this guy is a walking punchline..

btw we should email bomb him

my subject line was "I am very excited to see.."

then my message was

"you get trounced in the election.

Ron Paul is a real statesman and you are wasting your time.

why run against the only real constitutionalist in the congress..?"

Natalie
03-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Wow, that was painful to watch. He made a complete ass of himself :o

smartguy911
03-01-2009, 05:53 PM

did he really travel the world? esp middle east?

SLSteven
03-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Please let us be done with Neo Cons

Imperial
03-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Hmm, yeah, Okay. Imperial, you have no idea what Mr. Cherry has gotten himself into... Mr. Cherry has just consented to receiving nation-wide scrutiny of any so-called "campaign" he may try to implement. Please note, however, that this does NOT mean Mr. Cherry will receive national media attention (or any media attention). To the contrary, the national media could care less about a Congressional Race in Texas. Imperial, for you own sake, I hope you are not planning to volunteer for Mr. Cherry's so-called "campaign". Trust me, you don't want to get totally burned out from politics by volunteering for a SHAM congressional candidate such as Mr. Cherry.

I didn't say I would campaign for the man. I didn't even say I would vote for him(I have posted here for almost a year now I think). I would think it highly unlikely to vote for him unless some great debate moment or some revelation in my mind changed that(like Ron Paul, I don't like to deal in absolutes before the decision appears). But to deride his well-intentioned effort seems rude.

I don't think so, but you make it sound as if that is a requirement. The lower level soldier doesn't have that much sway in the big picture. I don't care if someone served or not; it is a separate job from politics.

did he really travel the world? esp middle east?

I think he has been to at least Lebanon and Israel before. I know he has been to Russia several times(met Phil Gramm there I think, oddly enough), India, China, all over Europe, and a few other places I think. He is pretty well-traveled.

There is nothing wrong with unions; they aren't necessarily governmentally subsidized.

Paulitical Correctness
03-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Oh stop Cherrymandering you silly fool. This guy's video had me laughing so hard I nearly Peden my pants.

huk huk!

RonPaulFanInGA
03-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Oh stop Cherrymandering you silly fool. This guy's video had me laughing so hard I nearly Peden my pants.

Looking forward to March 2010.

http://i27.tinypic.com/nffej9.jpg

Anti Federalist
03-01-2009, 08:42 PM

huk huk!

I LoL'ed.:D

LiveToWin
03-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I usually dont post comments on youtube, but I felt the need to do so on that video.

Anti Federalist
03-01-2009, 08:48 PM
TheObamaForumDotCom

Ok, fess up.

Which one of you guys is this?

Yongrel, I'm looking in your direction, possibly Kludge...

qh4dotcom
03-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Bump

blocks
03-02-2009, 03:50 AM
so let another loser run up a campaign debt he wont easily pay off.. lool

hah. My thoughts exactly.

Conza88
03-02-2009, 04:35 AM
TheObamaForumDotCom

Ok, fess up.

Which one of you guys is this?

Yongrel, I'm looking in your direction, possibly Kludge...

I recon it's Kade.

Naah just kiddin. :D

In terms of this guy; Hahahah... man, I want to see more videos. Just so I can laugh at his ass.

constituent
03-02-2009, 07:48 AM

http://blog.internetnews.com/apatrizio/do-not-want-dog.jpg

jt8025
03-02-2009, 08:21 AM
When can we start officially raising money for Ron Paul's 2010 Congressional Run?

qh4dotcom
03-02-2009, 11:40 AM
As much as I would like Ron Paul to win, I wouldn't take it for granted. Hurricane Ike may come back to haunt RP. Plenty of people in his district are upset at RP for having voted against the federal aid they felt they were entitled to.

RonPaulVolunteer
03-02-2009, 11:45 AM
As much as I would like Ron Paul to win, I wouldn't take it for granted. Hurricane Ike may come back to haunt RP. Plenty of people in his district are upset at RP for having voted against the federal aid they felt they were entitled to.

Entitled through illegal means. In other words, NOT entitled to.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Entitled through illegal means. In other words, NOT entitled to.

But they think they're entitled to it and they still get to vote.

Anyways, if the people there were going to oust him for that or his comments about the Iraq war in the 2007 debates; they would have done so in March 2008 with Chris Peden.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-02-2009, 04:12 PM
If Peden runs again; he'll get all the anti-Paul money and attention, not Cherry.

Imperial
03-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey ya'll, are heard today that Mr. Cherry has already received two death threats.

I don't know who in the hell thinks that threatening somebody's life is really going to achieve anything? Really, 1) you make us look really bad. 2) you are totally going against libertarian principle 3) you are actually threatening someone's life over an election?

Come on you guys....act like you are mature human beings and not some Prendergast or Guiteau.

Austin
03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey ya'll, are heard today that Mr. Cherry has already received two death threats.

I don't know who in the hell thinks that threatening somebody's life is really going to achieve anything? Really, 1) you make us look really bad. 2) you are totally going against libertarian principle 3) you are actually threatening someone's life over an election?

Come on you guys....act like you are mature human beings and not some Prendergast or Guiteau.

Source?

RonPaulFanInGA
03-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Source?

I think he personally knows Mr. Cherry. Sad anyone would do that. But I wouldn't be shocked either if the "death threats" were a little exaggerated.

ClayTrainor
03-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the death threats are just trolls posing as Paul supporters to stain our reputation.

I've received several death threats from christians, when i challenge their beliefs on forums. Use some logic Mr. Cherry... maybe hire some bodyguards, if you're really concerned.

Nobody here wants to see harm done to you

RonPaulFanInGA
03-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Nobody here wants to see harm done to you

Not physically. But mentally, after getting crushed by Ron Paul 85-15 in the republican primary, yeah I'd take that. :)

Lord Xar
03-02-2009, 06:13 PM

Aren' t you the one that sorta skirts the loyalty of this guy and Ron Paul. Aren't you the guy that is so quick to side and hear out this opposition, and here you are telling us of these "Death Threats" with no source. So you have no source, YET you know of these death threats. How is that possible? Are you in contact with this person or with person who are close to him. If that is the case, doesn't that reflect on your integrity of your posting?

Here is a piece of advice. Illegal immigrant advocates would call up the policy makers and say things like "Seal the the border. We don't want no ignorant mexicans polluting our country. They breed like pigs" or "This is a white country, don't let those criminals and uneducated people into the country etc.." Basically, playin the other side. This is a very useful technique. I forget the 'legitmate' name of such tactics, but its real. I doubt some no name school teacher, years before the election getting death threats. Just think how ridiculous that sounds. I think this dude is setting up an agenda of discrediting Ron Paul in advance and will slowly but surely create the framework for this.... I see it coming. lol.

This is what seems to be happening here. I think you know this.

Conza88
03-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Source?

http://whoyoucallingaskeptic.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/bullshit.jpg

rockandrollsouls
03-02-2009, 06:39 PM
I think he personally knows Mr. Cherry. Sad anyone would do that. But I wouldn't be shocked either if the "death threats" were a little exaggerated.

Agreed. Plus, I don't think anyone on THIS particular forum is that stupid. Wouldn't be surprised if a clown did it in our name, too.

Regardless, I didn't see the threats in the comment section, so it seems to me like he disabled them because he was received such an underwhelming response.

Imperial
03-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Aren' t you the one that sorta skirts the loyalty of this guy and Ron Paul. Aren't you the guy that is so quick to side and hear out this opposition, and here you are telling us of these "Death Threats" with no source. So you have no source, YET you know of these death threats. How is that possible? Are you in contact with this person or with person who are close to him. If that is the case, doesn't that reflect on your integrity of your posting?

I said before that he was my former teacher... I still know people in his classes who talk to him directly about his congressional run. BTW, I already signalled how I will more than likely vote. Unless I see convincing evidence otherwise.

I thought it was worth hearing for ya'll. People on here get too crazy and forget to treat others how you want to be treated. I just picture the uproar we would have if someone threatened us. I don't think he would mind a reality check being posted on here.

I doubt some no name school teacher, years before the election getting death threats. Just think how ridiculous that sounds. I think this dude is setting up an agenda of discrediting Ron Paul in advance and will slowly but surely create the framework for this.... I see it coming

Or you know, I could be a secret Cherry campaign operative who really just wants to secretly spread his agenda on the least fertile ground to silence the opposition. Take your pick...

Didn't Ron Paul supporters also threaten Glenn Beck?...

Regardless, I didn't see the threats in the comment section, so it seems to me like he disabled them because he was received such an underwhelming response.

Probably. The threats were likely via email.

rockandrollsouls
03-02-2009, 07:04 PM
I said before that he was my former teacher... I still know people in his classes who talk to him directly about his congressional run. BTW, I already signalled how I will more than likely vote. Unless I see convincing evidence otherwise.

I thought it was worth hearing for ya'll. People on here get too crazy and forget to treat others how you want to be treated. I just picture the uproar we would have if someone threatened us. I don't think he would mind a reality check being posted on here.

Or you know, I could be a secret Cherry campaign operative who really just wants to secretly spread his agenda on the least fertile ground to silence the opposition. Take your pick...

Probably. The threats were likely via email.

I really don't think he was getting death threats...he's too insignificant. In addition, if he did I don't think it was our people. They know better.

Number19
03-02-2009, 07:25 PM

it really sickens me.It's a possibility, but Debra Medina is from here in US Rep District 14. The only part of the current district where she might be weak is Galveston. But the big thing is, we have redistricting coming up next year, with all bets off as to the outcome.

Number19
03-02-2009, 07:29 PM

Any takers?Won't matter, as things now are. The seat's Ron's as long as he wants it. The more they try to unseat him, the higher his vote total goes. But we do have redistricting coming up and this could be reason for concern.

AggieforPaul
03-02-2009, 07:52 PM
This guy is a loser. It seems like pretty much everyone with any real poligtical future has given up trying to take RP's seat.

Bman
03-02-2009, 09:14 PM

Someone = no one.

It could be anyone sending death threats. I find it highly unlikely that someone affiliated with this group is sending out death threats. If they are being sent out I would certainly have to consider that anyone doing it in the name of Ron Paul is an imposter. He needs names before he starts pointing fingers.

Imperial
03-13-2009, 06:27 PM
I was talking to Mr. Cherry again today, and it was a pretty good discussion. Without my mentioning it, he told me he liked HR 1207 and agrees with most of Ron Paul's economics except a total abolition of the Federal Reserve. As he saw it, it would be impossible to totally abolish the Federal Reserve. Of course there are big differences too, particularly on interpretations of the Constitution and pragmatism vs. ideology alongside Iraq and Afghanistan.

paulitics
03-13-2009, 06:47 PM
This guy is an off the charts neocon. http://www.cherryforcongress.com/Homeland_Security.html

And of course this means he is a liar as he displays with this bullshit.

"I would suggest that you probably know of NO ONE who has ever been a victim of any element found within the Patriot Act. This is unfounded paranoia."

paulitics
03-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Of Course.
"Over the past 11 years he has traveled to over twenty countries including China, India, Russia, and Israel. Most of these trips have come as an active member of the World Affairs Council of Houston where he has met with many U.S. and world leaders including former Secretary’s of State James Baker, Colin Powell, Madeleine Albright and former Nobel Prize winner and President of Poland Lech Walesa. "

RonPaulFanInGA
03-13-2009, 07:16 PM
I'd be more riled if I didn't know for a fact that there is no way he is going to do better than Chris Peden, meaning 29% of the vote. He'll likely get around 20% if it stays just him and Dr. Paul running. His candidacy is a non-starter and DOA.

Texan4Life
03-13-2009, 07:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C351elGWI2A

LOL... what a giant douche!

RP will destroy him... i kinda feel a little sorry for him.